SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/15/05 01:53 PM
Hahaha yep, Feno again.

Good quote,

"Live soccer, eat soccer, DREAM SOCCER."

Here is my prediction.

I think is unrealistic to think soccer is going to bring down FootballAmericano, just because "Football" represents what America is all about. I personally don't think soccer would have any problem with Basketball, since Beisball and Hockey can't never compete with soccer.

America is all about kicking butts. "Football" is the sport of the strong "American" men, which is cool, I even find Footbal kind of interesting, not gone say is better than soccer, but is definatelly the best way to represent the United States of America.

Well if football is the sport of the "strong" Americano man, then soccer (I'll rather call it futbol) is the sport of the "SMART" Americano men. Yep, got to have some intelligence to play futbol. Smart enough to play strong, skillful and technical, smart snough to compete with a pretty boy from the west, with a strong man from the east, witn an arrogant Argentinian, with an skillful southamerican, with an stylish brazilian, with an "athletic" European, with a tricky Centralamericano, with those fast Africans and Chinese dudes, with a bad-as streeballer, and with the average men. Yep I have played with all those kinds of "footballers."

Here are some facts that would back up my theory.

Soccer - Football- Futbol - as it is known in Europe and other countries OTHER THAN NORTH AMERICA, is played on every continent.

FIFA (The Federation of World Football) counts 204 member countries.

Soccer is a bigger, A BIGGER SPORT THAN BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, AND FOOTBALL (NORTH AMERICAN) COMBINED.

Organized soccer was born in Britain. England and Scotland being co-founders of the beautiful game. BUT LATINOS TOOK IT TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL.

The World's First Football Club - Sheffield Football Club - was founded in 1857 by Colonel Nathaniel Cresswick and Major William Priest, two British Army officers.

The most prestigious football club is Real Madrid from Madrid, Spain.

According to one of the of the most important British magazines the match River-Boca is one of the most exciting events in the planet, one of the events you should experience before you die!

According to Barcelona's President Johan Laporta, they have enough fans to pack 3 stadiums for the Madrid-Barca battle!

The World Cup is the biggest soccer tournament in the world. It is held every four years in a different country. Billions of people watch the televised games as the national teams from countries around the globe battle it out for soccer supremacy.

The 2002 World Cup was held in two places—Seoul, South Korea and Tokyo, Japan. Brazil won the 2002 World Cup and also has won the most World Cups (five) since the tournament began in 1930.

Gerd Müller, who played for West Germany in the 1970 and 1974 World Cups, holds the career record for most World Cup goals with 14.

The United States' Major League Soccer made its debut in 1996, shortly after the wildly successful 1994 World Cup was hosted by the United States.

Brazilian striker Ronaldo was named the Most Valuable Player of the 1998 World Cup, even though his team lost in the championship game to France. THe has also been named World Player of the Year three times.

In 2002, Germany's Oliver Kahn became the first goalkeeper to win the Most Valuable Player of the World Cup.

The 2002 World Cup of soccer was the planet's largest sporting event. More than one billion people followed the month-long soccer tournament between the world's top 32 soccer powers. It's the first one played in Asia and the first one hosted by two countries - Korea and Japan.

Maradona's goal againts England is considered the greatest goal of the history of soccer world cups.

Crowd Pleasers

The largest crowd to watch a World Cup soccer game live are the 199,850 people who crammed into a stadium in Brazil for a game between Brazil and Uruguay during the 1950 World Cup.

Largest Soccer Tournament
No less than 5,098 teams competed in 1999 for the second Bangkok League Seven-a-Side Competition. Over 35,000 players involved!

Soccer is the fastest growing and most popular sport in the world.

"Football the sport of the strong American man, soccer the sport of the smart Americano men."

Alrite dudes, peace out.
I'm not reading that, sorry
how do those facts back up your theory?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/15/05 02:55 PM
hahaha better questions?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/15/05 02:56 PM
i mean, any better thoughts?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 04:14 AM
"BUT LATINOS TOOK IT TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL."- Yes Mexico City is quite a ways above sea level and therefore London.

"Maradona's goal againts England is considered the greatest goal of the history of soccer world cups."- Which one, the one where the drug fuelled cheat punched it into the net with his hand, knowing what he did, then ran off celebrating like nothing ever happened? Or the other one?

"According to of the of the most important British magazines the match River-Boca is one of the most exciting events in the planet, one of the things you should do before you die!"-So is going out with Jessica Simpson, your point is?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/15/05 05:59 PM
Thanks Jose, I guess your English is so perfect and profesional that you shouldn't call yourself an American! You should call yourself something else! Oh sorry I guess I'm too racist for you...

AMERICANS DON'T CARE ABOUT TALKING OR WRITING PERFECT ENGLISH OR SPANISH, YOU KNEW THAT? WE (I PERSONALLY HATE PEOPLE TRYING TO SPEAK A PERFECT SPANISH) ARE MORE WORRY ABOUT WINNING...

Any more comments? I want something more like intelectual...

I think it was Soccer Watcher the one that came up with a good post somewhere in the past. Well I have read some good ones, but people like,

Shearer
Jose
xhv somethin

And other dudes are not too intelectuals... they are more like... "yeah dude we don't believe, english, liverpool, george best, where did you get that from, madrid ain't nothin, racist, blablabla." Big advice, learn some about soccer!

Ok I won respond anymore unless is someone more sociable, who knows about soccer, and that actually knows how to use his mind, like Coach Heise, or that other dude that analyze the games.

Peace out
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/15/05 07:55 PM
Fenomeno, if you cant take it. Dont give it. Now jog on you numpty.
good thoughts fenom...the thing that impressed me were the 200,000 south americans that packed into that stadium..thats some insane numbers...lets think about that guys...If any of you have ever seen tennesee's football stadium..its can hold abou 110,000 at complete maximum capacity...it has also been recorded as one of the loudest stadiums..think how much louder that stadium in brazil would have been...i mean dang
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/15/05 09:32 PM
Hahaha Jose, you made me laugh a lot dude, really.

"giving up?" I'm not worry about writing good english man, sorry, i'm more worry about winning on the soccer field...

I just don't see the point of arguin with people like you, really, that's life though, some people was born to create and some others to stay on their way trying to ruin everything.

Good advices,

If you dont like the comments, don't read it, if you want to read stuff that makes sense, read the newspapers: you knew that professional people write on those things?

If you don't like Fenomeno, good for you, I have waaaaaaay too many friends all over the world.

Hahaha you are very funny though. Are you any good in soccer? Just wondering, cause I can move the ball around pretty good.

Alrite, peace out.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/15/05 10:51 PM
Behave yourself Fenomeno. Your punching way above your weight.
Fenomeno -

I don't mind you posting and rambling on about soccer on this Message Board, but I do have a problem with the poor use of English demonstrated in your posts.
quote:
"giving up?" I'm not worry about writing good english man, sorry, i'm more worry about winning on the soccer field...

I just don't see the point of arguin with people like you, really, that's life though, some people was born to create and some others to stay on their way trying to ruin everything.

Good advices,

If you dont like the comments, don't read it, if you want to read stuff that makes sense, read the newspapers: you knew that professional people write on those things?

Though this is an informal place for discussion, a lot of the stuff you write is really hard to read because it has no sentence structure and poor punctuation. Plus, your use of nouns, verbs, and adjectives really don't go together.

Again, thanks for your interest and enthusiasm concerning soccer, but you might want to apply some of that energy towards the English language!
Ouch! Kyle, you teach don't you?
No.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 01:06 AM
got it coach, thanks.
Feno,

You might be a little too sensiitive about your rusty english skills, trust me on this since I married a very smart and beautiful asia woman. I really don't think Jose was picking on your english skills but on your facts, unless he edited his post and took that part out. In that case ignore me like most people.

Later
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 02:26 PM
Ramble on Feno......do the best you can with English.

You are still light years ahead of most of this country's youth. I've seen my kids "IM" and it's not pretty. I don't think spelling and punctuation count anymore. Compared to these kids Feno, you are Lord Byron (ask lpaf).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 05:04 PM
First of all thanks to those that gave me some support.

Second of all, I though about never coming back, but since Coach Heise never said anything, I though my messages were not that bad, as some poeple think.

Third I'm not sensitive, I'm not stupid either, I think is very obvious when somebody comes up with a quote that says www.rongenglish.com, I think that's stupid and disrespectful.

Not I'm not black, so I'm not a victim, BUT I DO HAVE PRIDE, I DON'T NEED THIS CRAP!

My dad is not just a College profesor(a Lawyer) but also a soccer Coach. One of my uncles played Pro Soccer back in my country.

My brother and I grew up winning state championships, we are not scared of showing anyboyd WHO WE ARE, we played for one of the most prestigious clubs in Central America, www.cdaguila.com.sv our club has won 13 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, AND EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS FOR THEM IS EXPECTED TO BE A WINNER!

So the big question is, and this if for Coach Heise, he owns this website, he is a Coach, a profesional and the one that has the right to stop me from posting.

Coach do you want me to stop posting?

Really I'm not a victim, I don't care about writing a perfect english, and I don't need to be here either...

Again I'm not mad, I feel insulted that is different, I'm not one of those Mexicans that you can pick on anytime you want to... I DO HAVE PRIDE, AND BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME!

Is your word Coach, yes I was offended, and I do expect an apology.

Att/

Feno
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 05:16 PM
Feno,

Why you brought me into your ramblings is beyond me.....BUT I am in now so lets clear some things up....

1. Coach Kevin Heise DOES NOT own this website! His twin brother KYLE runs the website for the South Carolina High School Soccer Coaches Association(SCHSSCA).

2. Who cares what Rameiaz or Quetiriez did in the 70's? I don't care how many beers George Best drank before his matches.

3. Who cares if MLS is slow. Who cares if "latin" style soccer is more beautiful than European soccer. WHO CARES.

4. FINALLY WHO CARES where you played what your daddy does or any other bland fact about your life.

Here is my advice to you.....start your own website call it www.fenoisawesomejustaskhim.com and have glass of shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 05:32 PM
Kyle,

Maybe if you stop worrying about speaking "perfect" English, maybe you could learn more about the Beautiful game so that you could argue with us about World Football, and not just Arsenal, Europe and MLS. You need some soccer Lit.

P.S.- you know were to find me, $10 per class(not on Sundays, I have to watch some games)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 05:42 PM
Why so we can talk about Chivas or some other S A team that I could care less about? The Beautiful game my arse......diving and flare is not beautiful to me.......tricks and cheats and Drug Lords do not excite me. So enjoy your DISH and shut up!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/16/05 05:45 PM
My My, you are a touchy soul huh?

"I think is very obvious when somebody comes up with a quote that says www.rongenglish.com, I think that's stupid and disrespectful."

Its reallt NOT that obvious though is it?

See its when you print stuff like this that people get agitated. If you had bothered to look at the website at the bottom of my posts, you would have seen for one, it ronglish.com, and two it is a humerous look at an english soccer commentators style of commentating and some of the funny phrases he has come up with.

so whos being stupid and disrespectful now buddy?

now relax and have some fish and chips (i thought about writing some other food, but didnt want to be racist, so i put down a food i hope you could not possibly be offended by).
Feno,

Again. What can I say, but ditto to my own post? I enjoyed reading your topic post. I thought it was fun and very good for a topic post, but your replies where way off topic and completely defensive. No one here is out to get you and most of us do not know who you are or care to know who you are. Most come here to read the topics and replies we start and a few will reply and enjoy the banter. Relax, take a deep breath and enjoy life. It's shorter than you realize.

Later
quote:
Originally posted by Fenomeno:
First of all thanks to those that gave me some support.

Second of all, I though about never coming back, but since Coach Heise never said anything, I though my messages were not that bad, as some poeple think.

Third I'm not sensitive, I'm not stupid either, I think is very obvious when somebody comes up with a quote that says www.rongenglish.com, I think that's stupid and disrespectful.

Not I'm not black, so I'm not a victim, BUT I DO HAVE PRIDE, I DON'T NEED THIS CRAP!

My dad is not just a College profesor(a Lawyer) but also a soccer Coach. One of my uncles played Pro Soccer back in my country.

My brother and I grew up winning state championships, we are not scared of showing anyboyd WHO WE ARE, we played for one of the most prestigious clubs in Central America, www.cdaguila.com.sv our club has won 13 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, AND EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS FOR THEM IS EXPECTED TO BE A WINNER!

So the big question is, and this if for Coach Heise, he owns this website, he is a Coach, a profesional and the one that has the right to stop me from posting.

Coach do you want me to stop posting?

Really I'm not a victim, I don't care about writing a perfect english, and I don't need to be here either...

Again I'm not mad, I feel insulted that is different, I'm not one of those Mexicans that you can pick on anytime you want to... I DO HAVE PRIDE, AND BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME!

Is your word Coach, yes I was offended, and I do expect an apology.

Att/

Feno

I wouldn't apologize to you for anything but letting you register an account.

SHUT UP already

PS: MY DAD IS COOLER THAN YOUR DAD!!!
Seriously Feno

what do all those facts have to do with soccer ruling the US? Please enlighten me Soccer God. Soccer is doing well in the US because it is catching on with our youth and the National Team is having success. However, it is not catching on because Ronaldo was named the 2002 WC MVP or Maradona scored the "greatest" goal in soccer history.

Was your post about the state of US Soccer or was it trying to boast why latinos are better than everyone else. "Latinos took the game to another level, maradona scored the best goal, ronaldo has been named WPY 3 times, the biggest crowd to watch a game was in Brazil, etc"

Since we want to throw around stats, how did the latin american teams do in WC2002. We know Brazil won it, but who else did anything. Your awesome Mexicans got beat by the US. Paraguay lost to Germany. What happened to Argentina, costa rica, columbia, uruguay, etc. The US finished better than every country you brag about except for Brazil.

You get on here and insult everyone for their beliefs and the teams they pull for, but claim racism and our ignorance when we say anything about a latin american team.

What gives?
Fenomeno -- I don't know how I got involved in this discussion, because this is my first post, but you should make sure your accusations are directed at the right folks first. "No reply" will be my response to the allegations, but those that know me, know that all of this garbage is way off base. Fenomeno -- sorry you had a bad experience in high school, but I cannot do much about that for you.
wow, once again fenomeno has found a way to turn a conversation into a battle amongst races. Just look at some of the things he says and my comments to them:

quote:

"Football" is the sport of the strong "American" men..."

Strong american men, right, football seems to be played by many different nationalities other that americans.

"with those fast Africans...."

wow another stereotype that many seem to have of africans.

"BUT LATINOS TOOK IT TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL."

Once again Fenemeno trying to beat his theory that latins have revolutionized soccer to a level no one else can play at into our heads.

?The most prestigious football club is Real Madrid from Madrid, Spain."

Is it just me or does anyone else think he is just saying this because ronaldo is on the team or that they're from SPAIN.

"Maradona's goal againts England is considered the greatest goal of the history of soccer world cups."

Seems like a useless tidbit that Fenemeno wanted to throw in to prove that LATINS are the master-race.

[/QB]

SWANSEA WINGER SEEMS TO HAVE A POINT. FENO'S POSTS DO SEEM TO HAVE A RACIAL OR NATIONALITY THEME TO THEM.
PERHAPS EACH TOPIC HE STARTS IS DONE FOR THE SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF GENERATING HATE AND CONTROVERSY.IF THIS BE THE CASE, I DON'T LOOK FOR HIM TO BE AROUND LONG.
SHEARER, I LOVED YOUR POST. I DO THINK THOUGH IT WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERESTING TO COUNT THE BEERS GEORGIE PUT AWAY BEFORE BIG MATCHES.IT NEVER SEEMED TO EFFECT HIS PREFORMANCE, ALTHOUGH I KNOW SIR MATT WAS LOSING HAIR DAILY BECAUSE OF IT.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/19/05 04:01 AM
Ok, so I always expect "good" critiques from fans, Europeans of coarse they're in America cause they're losers, if they wouldn't they'll stay in Europe, oh well and some other people that just not know what "ethic" means. I mean, you know what kind of people goes into the military, the people that never make it to college... but from a professional? From a soccer coach?

Like Chappelle's once said "Us, black actors have to stay together."

So I was assuming "Us, people that knows about soccer would stay together."

Sorry if you think Arsenal is something, cause I can't remember when was the last time they won a Champions League.... sorry, but Henry is scared of Madrid, people like that would never be someone I would admire, PEOPLE THAT IS SCARED OF BIG CHALLENGES DOES NOT FIT IN MY LIST, PEOPLE LIKE DAVID BECKAM THAT CAN'T NEVER COMPETE AGAINTS A LATINO WOULD NEVER GET MY ATTENTION.

As I said, I'm leaving but not as victim, I'm living because I HAVE PRIDE.

Here are my number biatches! CAN'T TOUCH THIS.

* 2 State Championship CD Aguila u13-u15. Undefeated u15!
* 1 Regional Championship CD Aguila u13.
* 1 State Runner up CD Aguila u14.
* Best Right Back of the League u13.
* All State Player u13.
* Copa Texaco Champion, Panama City, Panama. u14, State Team.
* Alajuela's Cup, Runner up. Alajuela, Costa Rica. CD Aguila u15.
* State Runner up, Middle School, San Miguel, ES.
* Runner up in Teen Indoor Soccer League, San Miguel, ES.
* Runner up D1, Beach Invitational, Cuco, ES. (yep beach soccer is awesome, got beat by some south americans in the final).
* Bruselas record of 15-1, Los Angeles, Cal. U16. Lost the only game in semifinals. 10 goals as an attackin center mid.
* Left Dutch Fork with some confidence with a record of 15-6, 03. Irmo battle involded, injured most of the time.
* Dutch Fork JV assitant in 04, ONLY TWO GAMES LOST IN THE SEASON! My kids are going for THE STATE THIS YEAR, I MAY BE THERE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
*Runner up, Blue Dogs 6v6 Columbia mens league. D2.
* 6v6 Winter Champion, Capitals. Columbia Mens League. D2
* Columbia Indoor Soccer runner up, Columbia FC.
* 6v6 Champions with Majestic, this past summer. D3.
* Eleven aside Champions with CEA Company, Tavarez Latino League, Yesterday.
* About to play for team Rapids, D1 Columbia Mens League.

Alrigh man, I'm done. If those numbers make you laugh a lot, I hope you have some better numbers, if you don't you may want to SHUT UP! Don't even care about playing in College or MLS, SOCCER AIN'T A SPORT WHERE YOU RUN FAST AND PLAY LONG BALLS!

Att/

Ruben Rivas
wow

what a freakin idiot

go make me another quesa-dilla Napoleon
Feno, great stats man. We should all bow down and beg for mercy.

Have you ever answered a question from anyone on this board? Or is that beyond you and your PRIDE
what is your number and when are your games so that we might come and see the great feno in action
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/19/05 12:41 PM
"but Henry is scared of Madrid, people like that would never be someone I would admire, PEOPLE THAT IS SCARED OF BIG CHALLENGES DOES NOT FIT IN MY LIST, PEOPLE LIKE DAVID BECKAM THAT CAN'T NEVER COMPETE AGAINTS A LATINO WOULD NEVER GET MY ATTENTION."

Oh lordy where do i start with this. OK ill try:

*Henry is not scared of Madrid, in Fact if you read his latest book, Henry reveals that he had agreed a contract at 18 to join Real Madrid, but the contract was void as his agent was not a liscensed FIFA agent. Therefore if Henry wanted to go to Real as an unproven 18 year old, how could he be scared to go as a seasoned professional, one of the best in his position in the world.

*David Beckham in your opinion is not somebody you admiere because he is afraid of big challenegs. The same David Beckham who won the british people over after being vilified for being sent off in France 98, the same David beckham who left the only club he had ever been at (manchester) to move to a different country and play. The same David Beckham who is Reals most consitent performer, constatnlty producing displays that have won the spanish media over. the same David Beckham that "couldnt compete agaisnt Latinos" But socred the penalty that effectively knocked Argentina out of the 2002 world cup? YOu may need to be careful Feno, as some of your postings agaisnt non latinos are close to being racist.

"Here are my number biatches! CAN'T TOUCH THIS."

Are you serious? How can you expect to have civilized conversation when you write something like that?

As for your Achievements, well Sir Alex will be on the phone to you any minute.
I've never seen so many adults get so worked-up.
quote:
Ok, so I always expect "good" critiques from fans, Europeans of coarse they're in America cause they're losers, if they wouldn't they'll stay in Europe, oh well and some other people that just not know what "ethic" means. I mean, you know what kind of people goes into the military, the people that never make it to college...

are you serious?
Now you're opening up another dangerous can.
Just shut-up while you're ahead. Wait! Quit, before you're further behind.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/22/05 04:54 AM
Jose Maurinho, WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
David Beckam in fact is one of Real's most unconsistent player. The only reason he is still at Real is bc -"IF REAL WANTS TO SELL DILDOS, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS PUT HIS NAME ON IT AND THEY WILL SELL OUT"-

In the last two games his avg. time of ball possesion was 5.5 secs. Last season he started 11 games out of the 23 he played(Madrid usually plays 30-some games only in La Liga)
-The Spice Boy- is not a Footballer that plays soccer,
--HE IS A MODEL THAT PLAYS SOCCER.--
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/21/05 07:38 PM
Feno is right. If anyone saw the Brasil U-17's last night against the Dutch.....how can you argue?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/21/05 07:56 PM
FootballerTR- How wrong can you be? Labelling Beckham as a marketing tool is an easy kop out that alot of people have tried and failed to nail him with before.
You can throw all the stats in the world you want, But deep down you know your wrong, and the spanish press know what there talking about. As for not being a footballer. Why would Real and Bareclona be fighting for his signature when he left Manchester. There is no better, more consistent dead ball taker or long range passer in the world. He is not a Robinho, or a Raul i acknowledge, but then if he was then would Real have lost there last three games (with 2 of them being scoreless).

PS- Whast a "DILDO"?

Hurst, i dont think anybody would ever argue Feno is right if he were to say Brasil was the best team in the world. I would have to say most people on here would agree with that. I certainly would. Has anybody ever argued differently?
I have to agree with FootballerTR on this. Becks is a great player, but he is not consistent. He has had a history of missing important PKs:

October 2003 against Turkey in Euro 2004 qualifying, he missed a PK which would have given them the win and a top seed in Euro 2004, instead they were put in a group with France.

In that match with France, leading 1-0, he missed a PK late in the second half that would have given England a 2-0 lead, instead, they lose 2-1 after Zidane's 2 goals in injury time. This eventually set them up to play Portugal in the knock-out round.

As we all know, he missed his PK in the shootout against Portugal that probably would have sent England through to the next round.

Real and Barca were fighting for his signature because he is a good player, but more so because he sells tickets and IS a good marketing tool.

As for the PS question at the end, HOW OLD ARE YOU, cause I'm speechless!
That's funny! this should be interesting!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/21/05 09:44 PM
I agree with you Liverpool, Beckham is a good player, and i agree he has missed alot of pks, but foootballerTR was not saying he was a great, or even good player, he was saying something about "DILDOS"!!!

All Good players miss PKs i say fair play to him for continuing to step up and take them. I would have to agree that Beckham is not in the league of Ronaldinho and Henry but i was not arguing that fact. What irks me is people like FootballerTR stating: "David Beckam in fact is one of Real's most unconsistent player" When he is quite clearly not. If i am honest i dont even think Beckham should start for England in a 4-4-2 out right because SWP is a better player, so that should tell you im not that a big beckham fan. Just that he is consitently doing well for Real in what is a very inconsitent team.

As for the PS question, if you are a Liverpool fan as your screename suggests then i was a big football fan during the Crown Paints era, that should tell you how (ballpark) old i am [Wink]
Well said Jose...please forgive me...though I am proud to say I have only seen the Crown Paints jerseys in pictures, they were before my time.

But that's the past, I'm ready for Chelsea coming to Anfield next Wednesday!
The funny this is FootballerTR, that you say Beckhams average time of possession is only 5.5 seconds. In a game, the average forward only touches the ball for 28 seconds in the entire game. Now yes, I understand that Beckham plays midfield and not forward, but a statistic like that does nothing to represent how good or bad he is. For example, some of the greatest players in the world, including Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira, probably only have the ball for about 2.0 seconds per possession because they often play one or two touch, yet they are incredibly effective. As for Feno, well, all I have to say is, if you were so good you certainly wouldn't be playing in some men's league around Columbia. Simple as that. No one cares about your past, the truth is, you're obviously not THAT good of a player. TR, ever thought about injuries and international commitments factoring into Beckhams amount of games started/played last year? Thought not.
IS FootballTR and Feno together???
I think they are two different people, but probably separated at birth. They are definitely speaking another language when it comes to soccer!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/22/05 11:56 AM
Not so fenomeno, translates into not so phenomenal....most of the CESA girls' teams have as much credentials as you, oh not so great soccer god. Most great players never really brag about themselves. Their play on and off the field speaks for itself.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/22/05 05:37 PM
I'm not with feno or anybody, I speak by myself and with my own toughts. I only say what I think, and whay I know about this beautiful game -which is a lot I believe-, I come from a very soccer traditional family, with one of my cousins playing Pro in the Mexican 1st division (Necaxa FC), and his brother coaching in 2nd division.
Well where did this post take a wrong turn? I thought it was about "why soccer will rule the United States?" And in fact most of the pro players in the world from my opinion dont care how much better they are than others! I bet they are glad they got the chance to play pro in the first place!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/23/05 01:35 AM
I just feel like I have to answer some.

Ok

I don't brag about my game... if you are good, you're good... confidence is a huge part of winning, every athlete has to have confidence. Every men should have some confidence, so they can do good in life.

I gave you my numbers and some of my background so that way you can understand somem of my opinions.

Saying that "blacks are better in basketball" have nothing to do with being racist, if I said that is because I saw Michael Jordan winning a lot of championships with the Chicago Bulls!

Right now the best soccer player to me is Ronaldo (look at his numbers, watch his dvds), Ronaldinho, Adriano, Tevez, or Mezzy may get there, but they still have a loooong way to go.

The best "footballers" still come from Brazil and Argentina... Pele and Maradona were once... now Ronaldinho, Adriano and Tevez are going for it.

Beckam is a "Barbie" that should've never wear the Madrid jersey. He is got nothing but a good right foot and the cute spice girl. I know he is the "Superman of soccer" for little kids, and he is the "romeo" for little girls but as a "footballer" he is just a decent player, definatelly not a "madrid-type."

You go to Madrid, you better now how to play ball and how to win tittles... bring me some of Becks numbers...

My brother and I always make fun of the "Spice Boy," we are wondering who has sell more magazines in the US, him or Ana Kournikova, or maybe who has won more championships?

Henry? He went to Juventus... how did he do? He does good only in Arsenal? You know France is all Zidane... which happens to play for Madrid.

I believe that if you want to be the best, you better know who is the best... if the United State soccer players do not know who the best is, and where the best soccer comes from, how are they going to beat the best?

Hope this clears some, I do happend to talk a little but I sure can back up my words.

Oh I forgot, and you can hate me for saying this if you want to. Soccer is not a women sport... sorry, I don't like it, I don't enjoy it, I don't think women should practice it, but anyways this is America, where anything can happen!

Peace.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/23/05 03:10 AM
I have no problem with your "game" or your constant racial comments (see your Dave Cahpelle comment in this thread....lol). I dont even have a problem with you not mentioning one player in your best players rant. Although i do beleive Tevez has the talent to be a very good player he has not proved anything yet. Oh and by the way its Messi. I saw every one of his games in the world youth championship this summer. He is a phenomenal player. Again, i dont think anyone will argue with you if say Brasil are the best team in the world. I certainly wont. Argentina have to be feared also in Germany 2006. But so do Holland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, England, Czech Republic. REMEMBER were living in the present here, so please no mention of "how many cups have holland won" or "the Czech Republic are a one off team" Any world football fan would have to give these teams respect in the WC.

As for your Becks comments, I beleive you are showing your true colors. As a much publicised fan of madrid, why would you not support Beckham?

He is not the reason for Madrids fall from grace? How may titles in the last three years? how many European cups (the proper name for the cahmpions league) have they won in the past three years. I have a funny feeling you are jealous that an Englishman is actually bringing something to the real madrid team that very few south Americans could. The last player to bring character and backbone to the Real team was Makelele (please dont put him down) and we have seen what a fixture he has become in the Chelski first team.

Face it pal, your living in the past. Brasil will always be there or there abouts (and are always the second team of all europeans when there home team go out of the world cup). Argentina will produce solid quality now and again, but not much else from South America. If Brasil doesnt Win WC 2006 (which it should) then a European team will.

ok as you like facts:

Real won there first game tongight in 3 games.
3-1
Beckham 2 assists and real players and him celebrating madly (yeah hes just a marketing tool!)
You stated he was " just a decent player, definatelly not a "madrid-type." ooopppps. WRONG.

I bet Becks is really bothered about you and your brother making fun of him. YOur playing in the Columbia leagues, hes playing for real madrid in la liga. Your earining $5.50. Hes earning $150,000 a week. YOur shagging your brother and hes shagging posh spice and many others. Legend.

Henry was at juventus. So what. Viera was at milan. That hasnt seemed to bother Juventus who just signed him. The pro game is all about opinions and what different managers see in different players. I thought the much travelled, awesome FENO, would understand that.

"You know France is all Zidane... which happens to play for Madrid."

I think these players may have something to say about that:
Barthez-Marseille
Thuram-Juventus
Makelele-Chelski
Pires-Arsenal
Henry-Arsenal
Trezeguet-Juventus
Cisse-Liverpool

"I believe that if you want to be the best, you better know who is the best... if the United State soccer players do not know who the best is, and where the best soccer comes from, how are they going to beat the best?"

WHAT??????

I believe Lowerstate4A posed the question "do you ever answer any of the question posed to you in this thread"?

Oh on a final note, the best player ever, was not Pele, Di stefano, or Best. And it was certainly on that cheating drug addict Madonna the material girl. It was Garrincha. The little bird. Be carefull who you talk smack to Feno. See you think you can come on to a SC soccer Message board and talk crap. and nobody will doubt you because you drop some names, make some overtly touchy "nicest way to put it" comments and think your a big man. Well this is Hatchet Harry pal. Now your on a need to know basis.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/23/05 05:07 AM
Hahaha better now.

Ok man, let me tell you that anything I want to find out about the past... I can talk to grandpa, I can call my dad, and I can call my uncle who did played pro when El Salvador soccer was decent... Jorge Gonzalez tape is amazing, you should see it, is better than a "Rocky Movie."

You may be right with Garrincha, some people says he had a lot of skill, some people think "Tostao" was the best Brazilian ever...

Well skills does count, but tittles also. I would think Allen Iverson has more skill than Jordan (better example for Americans) since he is smaller and faster... but Jordan won a lot more tittles than any other basketball player ever...

So Tostao or Garrichan may have been more skillful than Pele or Maradona, but put it this way...

Maradona 3 WC Tittles (including a youth Championship).

Pele 3 WC Tittles (he won the first one when he was 17).

I have the numbers somewhere in my room, Maradona won everything... European Cups, Italian Calccio, Argentinan Primera, FIFA player of the year.... Maradona could take the whole team in his shoulder, he was capable of beating anybody... he was all "fantasy." You should see some videos when he went to Napoli, Napoli came out of nowhere to be one of the most strongest teams in Europe!

Pele was fantasy but he was also a good athlete, he could go in the air, both legs, fast, strong...

Anyways, I haven't seen much of Pele videos, and untill I see it, I would think Maradona was the best... he was just more "fantasy" the kind of dude that not just win tittles, but also the one that make everybody in the stands to get up and clap... Maradona was an artist with the ball, he was amazing...

See, talking to my uncle the other day, he told me that Zidane is not the best player that ever came out of Europe, not even George Best! He says that the best European players ever came from Hungry... one of them was Puskas (Madrid SuperStar) and I forgot the name of the other Klao something...

Anyways, another personal opinion.

My brother and I have been asked to try out for Pro before... we're trying to get a degree first, my dad is a lawyer so he expects us to finish college first...

We just never picture ourselves playing in MLS, the game is not very enjoyable, the fans don't pack stadiums, soccer players do not make that much money around here, they're not really recognized, American soccer have a different opinion of the game that we call "futbol." I mean, is hard for us to get along with an American Coach, even though I tried to do everything they say, is not the same, our style of playing the game is different, we don't run around like crazy playing the physical game... you do that in Latin America and people makes fun of you... soccer is not the game that you go to hit people, or beat the crap out of anybody, only uneskillful people use violence... futbol is a game of talent, skill, where you have to think before you make a move... is a whole different ball-game.

We like to beat you having fun, with style... with some moves, with something pretty for the fans... that's how you pack a 200,000 stadium...

As I said before, anybody can be right, but just try to respect others and try to understand where their opinions come from. Yes I'm a big Madrid fan, and my family too, and everybody think that Beckam should not be in Madrid not becase he is from England, he is just not good enough to be there!

He is not a Di Stafano, Hugo Sanchez, Puskas, Zidane, Suker, Mijatovis, Panucci, Roberto Carlos, Hierro, LaDrup... he just does not belong to those leyends!

Henry? How many FIFA players of the year has he won? See, can't compete with 3 of Ronaldo...

If you have any more questions, let me know, peace.
uh, uh(hand raised) I have a question, Feminin, if you are so good and your old man is making you finish college first, why aren't you playing in college? I mean, there are plenty of crappy schools that need jock washers. Why aren't you on the feild? Beating a couple of old men in the Columbia league makes you a wanna be, your ten year old championships make you a has been, and your dad and uncle make you a moron.

Jose, wow, great job showing this punk the facts!
Jose is making a strong showing for this year's PLC..indeed.
quote:
We just never picture ourselves playing in MLS, the game is not very enjoyable, the fans don't pack stadiums, soccer players do not make that much money around here

and that's what its all about right feno? The money? Geez, you must be a south american.
Posted By: Bazza Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/23/05 06:21 PM
Feno,
You say you don't see yourself playing MLS?????
Don't worry, neither do we, you won't get the chance.
On the subject of "tittles", I think Kournikova has Beckham beat on that score don't you??
Hey A&R11.... Don't give all South Americans a bad name.... Feno is Central American.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/23/05 07:42 PM
whetever dude like you were somebody I should listen to, at least Jose knows what he is talking about... bring your numbers or your arguments instead of being an ash...
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/26/05 02:58 PM
Feno,

Above you say:

"Oh I forgot, and you can hate me for saying this if you want to. Soccer is not a women sport... sorry, I don't like it, I don't enjoy it, I don't think women should practice it, but anyways this is America, where anything can happen!"

Sounds like sour grapes man, because you must admit, the American women are far superior to the Latin women (South & Central America) when it comes to world futbol. Call it cultural if you want to.....but if the ladies "down south" played as beautifully as the US gals, would you appreciate it more????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/26/05 06:49 PM
Hahahaha sports were invented for and by men. I like beautiful senoritas, and my kind of women would play soccer only for fun, they should be more into women stuff. Like I don't mind women doing it but there is nothing better than a girlygirl who wears pink, does dancing, cheerleading or whatever was invited for girls.

Be honest, women soccer... I like the traditional women, the ones that do what women are supposed to do. Tennis is a good sport for girls. Anyways that's just my opinion.

Soccer in Latin America is exclusive for men, nobody would ever spend a dime to see women playing it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/26/05 07:00 PM
Feno...You are an absolute MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother and I have been asked to try out for Pro before...

NO NO NO not a pro as in paid to be your Uncle's sex toy ......oh my bad you meant soccer....you are a flaming idiot.....I kick myself directly in the teeth for reading your posts. i get done and think that's three minutes I will want back on my death bed.......
quote:
Hahahaha sports were invented for and by men. I like beautiful senoritas, and my kind of women would play soccer only for fun, they should be more into women stuff. Like I don't mind women doing it but there is nothing better than a girlygirl who wears pink, does dancing, cheerleading or whatever was invited for girls.

Be honest, women soccer... I like the traditional women, the ones that do what women are supposed to do. Tennis is a good sport for girls. Anyways that's just my opinion.

Soccer in Latin America is exclusive for men, nobody would ever spend a dime to see women playing it!

OMG! I wish we had some women on this site that could totally shoot you down! This is the 21st century you friggin idiot!

Oh, but until you come to realize this, maybe you can just sit and dream that you were as good as Mia Hamm, or even as good as many who play only at the college level. Just sit down and shutup you friggin prick! I've tried to be nice to you and listen to your arguements, but this one is just too much.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/28/05 04:48 AM
Its ok dude, if you love women soccer is fine, i just don't think soccer is a sport for women, so is basketball, but who cares, they're still doin it, i mean you think soccer or basketball women look good? well, good for you, cause I don't think they look like real women. If you like David Beckam you may have a strong passion for women soccer too, is ok, just chill.
Feno.... geez man go to this link...

Heather Mitts US national team
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/27/05 06:35 PM
WOW I now have proof that you are a flaming pole smoker!!!!!You don't think they look like 'real women?"

What a fool!!! Ok lets see.....Mia Hamm, Heather Mitts, Lori Phair(sp), Tiffany Roberts, and just in case you need local girls, Britton Myer at Clemson, Sara Jane At USC, Lou Hudson at CofC.....the list goes on and On.....they are very very pretty women......are they as "woman-ish" as latino flare soccer maybe not BUT they are very very "easy" to look at!!!!!

Another three minutes I will want back!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/27/05 07:25 PM
Yes some of them look good but again, soccer is not a sport for women, in fact, the only sports that I (me, myself, my opinion) like to see is Tennis and cheerleading. I mean I don't care, I just enjoy it, I don't think is excited, I'm not attracted to women with muscles, or women that try to compete against men. Women have to compete with women in beauty, style, personality, fashion, dancing, acting and all that stuff women do best!

Jesus man, I'm glad we're in America, the "land of the free." The land of the free speech... sorry, women soccer is not my deal, sorry!

I heard about Mia Ham or whatever but I just don't care, women make soccer look something else... soccer is not a violence game but is also not a "sisis" game. Anyways, just forget it, enjoy it if you want to, it doesn't bother me at all.
Just shut the F up already

it's getting to the point where i don't want to come to this site because whatever it is you say makes you look like a total idiot
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/28/05 01:06 PM
"violence game" Hey do me a favor and go sit down w/ your Lawyer daddy and have him pay for some ENGLISH lessons!!!!!

oh yeah and dude, quit being a comma nazi!!!!
you all should check out feno's new website
www.fenoisgreatandgay.com
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/28/05 03:08 PM
Make sure to scroll down and check out the "Player Pics" Link. Of course they are of ALL MEN b/c soccer girls DON"T LOOK GOOD!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/28/05 05:47 PM
who are you again?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/28/05 06:04 PM
Just your baby's daddy!
Classy as always Shearer..
Futbol,

Thank you! Thank you! You have made the time I invested on this site worth every minute.

Later
quote:
Originally posted by Chapindad:
Futbol,

Thank you! Thank you! You have made the time I invested on this site worth every minute.

Later

I second this.
FENOMENO -- RUBEN RIVAS...SHUT UP
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/29/05 02:25 AM
Haha dude. You know maybe I'm an ash... anyways, I don't know how I got into all this but I think is time for me to leave and leave you guys alone.

Since my english sucks and is not even cool, I let you with a saying in spanish,

"La escritura te puede alegrar, te puede confundir, te puede encachimbar, pero la escritura no mata!" Alberto Guerrero.

Basically says that writing can get you mad, can get you excited, but it won kill you...

Peace
FENO FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008! He will beat Bush's ash! However, if Feno is elected we won't see much if any improvement in diction and grammar.
Maybe Feno will invade England, too!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/29/05 11:59 AM
Good story from soccernet about becks performance last night:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=344257&cc=5739

highlighted quote for me was the coach saying 'Beckham has been playing well for a long time' 'This is not the first time he has played really well.'

Still think SWP should play ahead of him on the right for England, maybe Becks/Gerrard/Lamps 2 from those 3 is the way to go for a center mid pairing?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/29/05 12:35 PM
I try LE I try!!! Oh Yea I second the motion of Becks being a GREAT player. Did you happen to se the two crosses he sent into Raul and Selgado?

UNREAL but I am guessing Feno and his bro practice these same passes everyday against Wings and Ale in the men's first division!!!!
"BLAH BLAH BLAH GASOLINA"

is about the extent of my fluent spanish.

no one wants to read that nor cares. I guarantee in your home country in the great nation of Ecuador or Guatemala or wherever you and your "educated father" are from writing can get you killed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/29/05 03:58 PM
Hahahaha I'm sure you've seen me and Jorge practicing, but you still haven't seen me doing bikes, raimbows, scissors (or whatever you spell that), and those crazy moves we do in third world countries with the "soccerball," hahaha lol, by the way we play vrs Capitals the next weekend, it will be a good game, we're the under-dog but we're going for the win, we always expect to win... Oh and I also got an e_mail from the people from Miami, yeah I'm sure we're leaving soon to play college ball.

Last quote

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Hahaha

peace and Beckam still suck!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/29/05 06:43 PM
So now you think PEACE sucks.....god what type of man are you????

I saw this kid do a sick a@@ RAIMBOW the other day!!!

Yeah I am sure you are leaving from Miami but not to play college soccer....maybe to import some more of your countries favorite "export" sniff sniff!!!!

You are right you win!!!!
FENO FOR PRES. and SHEARER for VICE-PRES. A winning ticket!!
Bigboy will serve as their gay intern.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 09/29/05 07:16 PM
Alright you just couldn't leave well enough alone!!! They only thing DUMBER than feno's "I AM THE BEST SOCCER PLAYER EVER!!!!JUST ASK ME CAMPAIGN" is 2004SUCKER"S "COLUMBIA UNITED COULD BEAT CESA(but I won't care after my son graduates)CAMPAIGN"!!!!

And as for you calling someone "gay"......wow that's the pot calling the kettle black!!!

FYI You might not want to **** off Big Boy he might have a say in where your kid winds up!!!!

P.S. Almost forgot........Lata BEETCH!!!!!
But you and Feno would do so much better than Dick and George W!
All ya gotta do is sit back, drink massive quanties of brown ale, and hope the hurricanes and bombs don't blow us away. You should be able to handle it.
quote:
and those crazy moves we do in third world countries with the "soccerball," hahaha lol..

alright feno, let was again disgrace you. first you laugh at third world countries with soccer balls, and then claim that they can do crazy moves, yet they cant feed themselves or have to energy to even live past 15. feno everything that you say on this site brings controversy and thats not good for you. Im sure, if it is true what you say, that miami might not like some of the commments posted on this site. colleges look for athletes with character, and there are tons of athletes that have what you dont.....a brain.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/03/05 01:44 PM
"and those crazy moves we do in third world countries with the "soccerball," hahaha lol"

I don't know if you misunderstood the point but I say "we," which mean I'm from there... Anyways, who cares.

"Controversy," all I do is respond to what other people says... I'm not the only mean one in here, just remember how all started.

"Banning Spanish from the HS soccer fields." Would that be controversy?

"European outclassed SouthAmericans." Dont remember who said that.

Now don't tell me that I'm the one with "problems" cause all I did was to bring SouthAmerican numbers, Maradona's, Ronaldo's, Jorge Gonzalez, and prove that "Europeans do not outclass SouthAmericans."

Then I say something about Madrid and Hugo Sanchez and everybody went crazy about it... like you can prove me wrong but YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Finally I ended up comparing the best American players agaings the Europeans... I brough my numbers and some of my backgroung just to prove that my ideas have a good back up...

I can be the nicest kid in the world but don't play smart with me because futbol is my game, and you have to KNOW A LOT in order to compete with me. Like Jose, Liverpol and some other kids that came up with good arguments.

Don't get me wrong, I may be mean but I'm not the only one, Shearer and 4xhv or whatever, all they do is talk crap and insult others and they know nothing but Arsenal and Henry...

Yeah I'm sure I'm about to play ball in college not because of my English or because I'm from a foreign country, is because I grew up playing soccer, I work hard on my game, and I respect the game (I don't do drugs or hang out with stupid people). It will be fun, believe me, if I ever came up with "controversy" comments was because I was forced to it. Yeah everybody talks about Fenomeno being "trouble" but nobody talks about how some other people have offended me, to be honest I don't really care, I play futbol, that's what I do best!

Peace in the world is good, Beckam's game is not good enough for MADRID'S FANS EXPECTATIONS!
please show us photos or whatever college your affiliated with when your time comes. If you aren't playing in LA LIGA over at Midlands Tech on Sundays I'll be very suprised...

Prove me wrong
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/04/05 04:22 AM
Shoe, There is no way he could be playing in The best league in the World!!! [Eek!]

[ October 03, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Heise ]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/04/05 04:25 AM
Again, WHO THE HECH ARE YOU? "SHUT & PLAY" YES THAT'S A GREAT NICKNAME, TOO BAD I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
Feno,

"It will be fun, believe me, if I ever came up with "controversy" comments was because I was forced to it."

Your kidding me, right? No one mentions the women's game. The thread started as comments about the South American play versus the world. And then half through the posts you have the statement:

"Oh I forgot, and you can hate me for saying this if you want to. Soccer is not a women sport... sorry, I don't like it, I don't enjoy it, I don't think women should practice it, but anyways this is America, where anything can happen!"

Are you trying to tell me that you wheren't purposly poking the fire. Everytime this thread starts to die down you throw gasoline on the fire, which is fine. But don't lie to me or better yet yourself and say that you are not causing this and that's it's everyone elses fault. It you truely believe that statement then please learn one line of english: "Would you like fries with that order?", because that is going to be your life if you don't learn to take responsibility for your actions in life.
SwanseaWinger07,

quote:
Originally posted by SwanseaWinger07:
quote:
and those crazy moves we do in third world countries with the "soccerball," hahaha lol..

alright feno, let was again disgrace you. first you laugh at third world countries with soccer balls, and then claim that they can do crazy moves, yet they cant feed themselves or have to energy to even live past 15. feno everything that you say on this site brings controversy and thats not good for you. Im sure, if it is true what you say, that miami might not like some of the commments posted on this site. colleges look for athletes with character, and there are tons of athletes that have what you dont.....a brain.
Becareful in your statements. America doesn't do a lot better in feeding its hungry or helping the poor. America has tremedous wealth yet we would rather hide the poor than help them. We would rather rebuild another country then provide for the many homeless children in America. Just go find someone that has been through the foster care system and ask them what they thought of the system. Ask the 42 people that died in South Carolina allown last year to domestic violence. Before we start casting stones at other people and at other nations maybe we should look at ourselves first.

"Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone."
quote:
Originally posted by FootballerTR:
Shroer, There is no way he could be playing in The best league in the World!!! [Eek!]

maybe it really is

I wish I could have tailgated for my games
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/03/05 08:39 PM
Mr. Chapin dad, first the quote

"and those crazy moves we do in third world countries with the "soccerball," hahaha lol...

Is an answer to that dude website that says "soccer is a sport of third world countries." yeah that dude with the web www.soccersuck.net or whatever...

I'm not trying to say, hey look at my country, we're poor! Even though the US has a lot to do with the economy of those countries (if you would look at the history of the cold war, the US went got into a lot of wars because of communism) I believe every person is responsible for their future!

Somebody come up saying that "USA has won a Women's World Championship," or something which is really good I guess, but for the Latino man... that does not count... I mean sorry, I'd rather be honest...

"Shut&play" I really don't know why I'm payin attention to you. Really, you don't deserve a bit of my time.

As I say, I guess while I'm talking about soccer, then people get all mixed up with other things. I've been reading is this forum for years, since somebody told Jorge and I that people said something about us playing for DFHS back in the days.

I never wrote anything because I knew it was going to be different, we come from a different "soccer" culture. In fact for 2 years I never paid any attention to this link since I don't care about Premier, Arsenal or Henry, but I used to enjoy reading about High School ball in the other room.

I though about not doing it, I was forced to do it. "Banning Spanish from HS Soccer field." IS NOT REALLY WHAT EXPECTED TO READ. That is mean and racist!

Yeah I came out with some other issues, it was stupid but again, I was forced to it! and I'll give you some examples in a bit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/03/05 08:48 PM
FIRST ONE EVER! TELL ME HOW I DID STARTED?

Hey Guys, I'm a new member, but I've been reading in this forum for a while.

I'm "mexican" or hispanic.

I was reading the other day a really interesting topic about Hispanic players. To be honest I did not like some of the stuff I read, and some others were just very funny.

I've been in this country for 5 years. This is a beatiful country, the best economy in the world! Soccer is very organized. Soccer has a great future in the US.

To undestand soccer better you guys have to know some key terms.

Nationals

1.Brasil (best team)
2.Argentina (coolest team)
3.Italy (best strategy)
4.Germany (physically strong)
5.Uruguay (Fist one to win a WC)
6.Holand (best youth soccer)
7.England (richest club ManU)
8.Mexico (best in our region)

Clubs

1.Madrid (best of the best)
2.Milan (3 continentals)
3.Juve (the old lady)
4.Barcelona (Ronaldinho)
5.Boca Jr and River Plate (best skill)
6.Santos and Sao Paulo (best individuals)
7.Chelsea (maurinho)
8. ManU (money, ronaldo, ronney, nistelroy)

Players

1.Mardona (best player ever)
2.Pele (most titles)
3.Franz Beckenbauer (great leader)
4. Ronaldo (best player now)
5. Zidane (best European player ever)
6. Ronaldinho (best skills)

Clubs Leagues

Champions League
Concacaf Championchip (Pumas 5 DC 0)
Copa Libertadores

It does matter where you're from; A player from the Central America practice to beat Mexico or USA one day.

A player from Brasil or Argentina practice to go to Madrid, win the world cup...

US Soccer?

Great future, a lot of talent;

Eddie Johnson
Fredy Adu
Landon Donovan
Damarcus Beasly

MLS? Is boring... all they do is "kick a ball"

all they do is pass, run, and kick... that's boring! I'm sorry but MLS is boring.

This the opinion from a "mexican." I hope none of you guys get mad, I know there is a lot of Coaches in here, so I tried to respect everybody.

Good Luck Americans, in a few years we will be watching "street soccer" in ESPN, and we will see the USA playing the world final againts Brasil or Argentina.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/03/05 08:58 PM
quote:
I've been reading is this forum for years
Fenomeno-Registered April 2005

sounds like 6 months to me?
he coudl of lurked...you dont have to have a screen name to look at posts...you just have to have one to post comments...he said he "read the forum for a few years" oh..and MLS is boring.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/03/05 09:18 PM
Bazza said

Fenomeno, your ignorance is quite staggering!! I need a couple of Carlsbergs just to readjust after reading your post.

Shearer said

I don't want you sharing anything w/ my "body"

Bazza said,

There are great players on both continents but South America is not the best in the world!
I tried to find out what year Mexico won it and I'll be darned if I can find it!!!!!!!!!!!

Bazza said,

Hate to tell you this but on the list of Latin players that you say make Juventus so great, you listed Trezeguet. He is FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!! Plays for the french national team.
However, bottom line is, you think South American football is best, I think European is best.

aleksandrus11 said

jose right on. European soccer obviously outclasses south american soccer... HAHA YOU'RE RIGHT!

Andrew Foley said

Whoever this guy is who won't stop saying how great Ronaldo is - GET REAL! He hasn't been the same player since he busted his knee with Inter/blew up at the final of France '98. Yes he was great and had bags of potential but he, like a lot of South American players, went a little bit crazy with his cash etc and forgot about the football.
If you don't mind I would like to offer my opinion on these "great" South American players...
Ronaldo: Overweight, sluggish, one-trick pony, still bags the goals but not when it matters. Not a man for the big occassion.

aleksandrus11 said

Here's your "soccer god" ronaldo doing what he does best.[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\1-3-03\My Documents\My Pictures/ronaldo_dia.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah FENOMENO IS ALL THAT, BUT ANDREW FOLE, ALEKSANDRUS, SHEARER, AND VH5 CAN SAY ANYTHING THEY WANT TO HUH?

O I'M SORRY MAYBE I'M I'M BEING CONTROVERSIAL, MAYBE I'M BEING RACIST...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/04/05 05:12 PM
Some corrections for this guys thoughts:

-South American socce is better than European,
World Cup Championships= S. America 9, Europe 8

-Trezeguet was born in Argentina, WITH French parents. (Mauro Camoranesi(Juventus) was also born in Argentina)

-Ronaldo is not what he used to be 8 years ago.

-Mexico just beat the leaving sh*t out of Holland(4-0 in the semifinal) and Brazil(3-0 in the Final), two world powers to Become the first North American U-17 World Champion.

-MLS is BOOOOORRIINNG!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/04/05 06:24 PM
Well amigo.

* Ronaldo with 3 FIFA player of the year.

* Scoring the 2 winning goals in the WC Final against Germany.

* Scoring an average of 30 goals per season, even
when he was injured in Inter.

* He scored around 45 goals in his first season in Holand at the age of 18.

* In 4 seasons in Madrid he has around 130 goals, maybe more than that!

Ronaldo is not as fast as he used to be, but he is still the big dog. Tell me who is better than Ronaldo?

Ronaldinho? has more skill but he still has not won 3 FIFA player of the year yet... only 1. Ronaldo was faster and more effective!

Adriano has a powerful shot but still haven't win anything yet. Ronaldo was faster, Ronaldo has better moves.

Henry? Does he ever won a FIFA player of the year? how many?

I don't think Nistelroy or Shevshenko, or Totti, or Eto, or Cisse, or Drogba, or Berkam, or whoever you want to mention can compete againts Big Rony!

You do have a point, Ronaldo is not the same as he used to be, but he is still the best striker in the world. Ronaldinho and Adriano have a loooong way to go.

Peace
OK the max has been reached on this topic!
100 posts is enough!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/05/05 01:19 AM
2004, let me have one post before you close it [Wink]

Feno, Let me first address your Ronaldo point.

All the things you state WERE true. Ronaldo is not even half the player he was. If Real madrid could unload him they would. The realisim is there would be very few takers for an overpaid injury prone, somewhat brilliant striker.

As for his stats, and i really dont hold stats in too high esteem.

up to this season:
Club-
Apps:262
Goals:204

Natl team-
Apps:91
Goals:58

Now figure this out of his total 204 goals, 44 have come in his frist three seasons. 1 in Brasil and 2 in Holland.

Majeta Kezman, who flunked badly in the premier league scored 74 goals in three seasons in the dutch top dividios, so those statistics can be a bit misleading.

On to the awards that Ronaldo had bestwoed on him. Yes he deserved them, but think about what Schevchenko, Best or Ibrihimovic would have achieved in those Brasil sides that Ronaldo quite rightly led.

As you said, " don't think Nistelroy or Shevshenko, or Totti, or Eto, or Cisse, or Drogba, or Berkam, or whoever you want to mention can compete againts Big Rony! You do have a point, Ronaldo is not the same as he used to be, but he is still the best striker in the world. Ronaldinho and Adriano have a loooong way to go."

I disagree Ronaldo is NOT the best striker in the world below is a list of strikers that could be, have been, and still are the best in the world:

T. Henry (Arsenal/France)
Club goals:160
Club apps:317
INT goals:31
INT apps:73

Henry's statistics are among the most impressive. Converted from a winger to a world class striker byt Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, Henrys pace, power and exqisite touch have him pegged as the most dangerous striker in the EPL.

A. Schevchenko (AC Milan/Ukraine)

Club goals:168
Club apps:300
INT goals:28
INT apps:65

'Shevers' as he is known has been the main man not only at milan but in the whole of Italy in the last few years. An abundtly powerful striker who can score at will with bothe feet and his head. Is equally comfortable putting them away from 3 yards or 30 yards. Absolute class.

M. Owen (Newcastle/England)

Club goals: 129
Club apps: 252
INT goals: 34
INT apps: 72

The stereotypical "fox in the box" If you had to put your house on somebody scoring in a one on one Owen would be your man. With a nose for goal that is unrivaled, If its in the box with Owen around, then it might as well be 1-0.

Adriano (Inter/Brasil)

Club goals: 60
Club apps: 120
INT goals 20
INT apps: 29

Quite possibly the most explosive player to play the game, his raw pace, power and devestating left foot have defenders constantly backing off or needlessly diving in. Adriano has everything a modern pro needs. Perhaps his most impressive stat is his loyalty. With Chelsea ready to throw untold millions at him this summer he opted to help the club that groomed (and loaned) him. Inter.

R. Van Nistelrooy (Man Utd/Holland)
Club goals: 166
Club apps: 282
INT goals: 25
INT apps: 47

Although many of his goals were scored in the dutch league, he managed to transfer that awesome goalscoring record inot the EPL and the CL. This man loves to score and scores for fun, he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and even though he himself has had his injury problems he continues to score goals at the highest level.

S. Eto’o (Barcelona/Cameroon)

Club goals: 81
Club apps: 207
INT goals: 9
INT apps: 54

Pace, Pace, Pace, Eto’o scares the bejeebus out ofdefenders because for 90 mins he runs at them with pace. And if theres one thing defenders don’t like its forwardsw ith pace. Although maybe not the most clinical of finishers, Eto’o never lets of the gas and if you give him an inch he will take a mile.

W. Rooney (Man Utd/England)

Club goals: 26
Club apps: 94
INT goals: 10
INT apps: 25

Rooneys contribution to his team cannot just be measured in goals, which he scores plenty of. But more in the chaos he causes when he picks up the ball from deep and runs at defenders. Looking like a sherman tank coming towards you, defneders seem to not relish any physical contact with the man child who has only just turned 19.

C. Vieri (Milan/Italy)

Club goals: 180
Club apps: 317
INT goals: 22
INT apps: 44

The only player that’s had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus. A great old fashioned center forward that gets it done where ever he goes is now reachign the end of a long and distinguished carreer. If you want one man up top leading the front line then Vieris your man. I wouldn’t fancy marking him, is the greatest compliment I can pay him.

Z. Ibrahimovic (Juventus/Sweden)

Club goals: 67
Club apps: 149
INT goals:10
INT apps: 28

Another player that is not a natural goalscorer, but is a wizard with the ball at his feet. Fro a big man he has a wondefull touch and a creative force that belies his strength. Currently leading the line for Juve. If he wasn’t getting it done, hed be out on his ear. As it is, he starts every game he is fit for!

D. Trezeguet (Juventus/France)

Club goals: 124
Club apps: 217
INT goals: 31
INT apps: 58

The frenchamn who came out of nowhere during Euro 2000 is now considered one of the worlds most dangerous forwards. Great technique coupled with an athletic body that a wide reciver would give his right arm for (yes that good!) Trezeguet is one of Europes most dangerous marksmen.

NOTE: All stats are before this new season has got underway. For my money there is a lot of strikers here that could have made the list (think Tevez, Robinho, Martins) however as wonderful as Soccer/Futbol/Football is everyone has there opinions. And that is the beauty of it.

Also for Me Ronaldinho is a ‘10’ a player that plays in the hole and therefore not a true striker.

And Yes I watch a lot of FSC and GolTV!!!!
again, i can't argue with jose. You said it perfect.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/05/05 08:22 PM
Why is it that no one argues with me when I post my opinions?? [Confused]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/06/05 01:03 PM
Feno,
What school in Miami is looking at you?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/06/05 01:15 PM
Its a private school, St Thomas, but I'm talking to other Coaches from around here, we'll see which one is the best for my brother and I.

For Jose... nahh I still think Ronaldo is the best for now. None of those young players can play ball like Ronaldo in his younger years.

1st they have to win 3 FIFA player of the year, then you can compare them with Big Rony! FIFA player of the year is only given to the best, the best! It does not matter if you play for Brasil or Madrid... but for some reason Madrid players always are nominated...

Footballer, yeah Mexico did kill Holland and Brasil, Mexico is coming up really strong with its youth soccer.
Awesome, now you can show your sweet skills when your losing to Savannah College of Art and Design!

(that really happened, by the way)

Feminin, your a loser and you suck! If you were so good you would play at a better institution. Whats wrong scared to go for it, or deep down you realize that your mouth is bigger than your play. Personnally I think it's both. But you better hurry and get on with the Bobcats before you lose all your eligibility.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/06/05 02:35 PM
Feno,

First of all i wasnt comparing them with the Ronaldo of years past. That is not only unfair but pointless. Then you would have to compare Ronaldo to Pele, which is unfair to Ronaldo as he couldnt lace Peles boots. Dont get so hung up on past glories. Ronaldo is nowhere the amazing (and best at that time) player he was in the past.

He derseved all his accolades THEN.

Now he is well past his best. Take off those Ronaldo tinted spectacles and embrace the FACT.

As for those awards that you mention, like all awards rarely does everybody who deserves to get recognized do so. Yes only one person can get the top award, and it usually goes to the flahsiest, most prominent person (in Ronaldo's case i do think they got it right, he was the best at THAT time) however you have to remember the Gattuso's, Dunga's and Thuram's of this world if you are to consider overall contribution to great teams.

Keep an eye on Adriano, he is class and has already taken Ronaldo's crown on the national team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 02:12 AM
AH2K3

"Feminin, your a loser and you suck! If you were so good you would play at a better institution. Whats wrong scared to go for it, or deep down you realize that your mouth is bigger than your play. Personnally I think it's both. But you better hurry and get on with the Bobcats before you lose all your eligibility."

Let me tell you something you little crap!

If I go to play somewhere else would be because of scholarships! Plus soccer at Miami should be waaaay more competetive because of the Latino Community over there! As a matter of fact, the Coach at St Thomas was telling me how 2 kids from his team are going to MLS and one of them to Germany!

I'M NOT SCARE OF SOUTH AMERICANS, WHY WOULD I BE SCARE OF COLLEGE KIDS?

YEAH IF I DECIDE NOT TO GO AND STAY IN COLUMBIA, I WILL BE TRYING OUT FOR USC, I'VE NEVER BEEN REJECTED FROM ANY SOCCER TEAM EVER!!! I GREW UP IN CD AGUILA A TEAM WITH 13 NATIONAL TITLES!

I DID PLAY TWO YEARS WITH COREY LUGGER, AN ALL AMERICAN WHO HAPPENS TO BE DOING AWESOME IN D1, I KNOW I CAN PLAY WITH KIDS AT THAT LEVEL, AS I SAID BEFORE "IF YOU ARE GOOD, YOU'RE GOOD."

Miami is just more "Latino Environment," not that I have something againts SC, but I'll love to live in a place like Miami, next to South Beach!!!!

I don't know why I ever bother to answer you... anyways I'M THE MEAN ONE AND THE CONTROVERSIAL? I'M THE ONE WHO BRINGS TROUBLE!

" I'm scare of a real -athlete- breaking my legs but I'm not scare of doing: sombreritos, tunelitos, taquitos, tijeretas, chilenas, pifias, regates, recortes, quiebres de cintura, palomitas, culebritas, gambetas, bycicletas, cuastemillas, escorpiones, tunquitos... haha and all those moves that make FUTBOL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPORT IN THE WORLD!"

Yep, the futbol enciclopedia is waaaay too big for the soccer dictionary!
Posted By: 202677 Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 02:47 AM
"sombreritos, tunelitos, taquitos, tijeretas, chilenas, pifias, regates, recortes, quiebres de cintura, palomitas, culebritas, gambetas, bycicletas, cuastemillas, escorpiones, tunquitos"

This is why I order by number at Mexican restaurants. [Big Grin]
See Feno, thats just it. You "played" with Corey Lugger and that makes you D1 also. I guess that logic does not make sense. Corey might be doing well and I wish him the best, but he is at App St., which is definitely not a high level D1. St Thomas seems to be very quality with their 1-6 record. If you were better than MLS, every major college program would be knocking on your door. USC, CU, CofC, CC, WU, FU, etc. would not be allowing you to leave the state without a fight. How about All-State and North South, did you make any of those. Face it man, you were an average high school player at best.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 11:55 AM
"Plus soccer at Miami should be waaaay more competetive because of the Latino Community over there!"

Somebody out there may correct me if im worng, but i think in the boys u-15 bracket at the ATL Cup, Southern soccer and Team Boca (both out of miami?) DID NOT make it out of there group. The two teams that did were SC teams.

Now i understand that this is just one age group, one tournament etc... and that those two teams probably have Latino players playing but SC soccer is growing and it is here those Latino players are learning there trade.

Anythign to add to this guys?
I have something to add........HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO, Now that rant was worth reading! Funny as you know what and 202677, that comeback is priceless, exactly what I was thinking when I read that mess!

Feminin, like LOwer said if you were that good SC teams would be asking you to come play not "waiting" for you to come tryout. Just becuase Miami has a Latino "flair" to it does not make them good in soccer.(now that is racist) I would advise going as far away as possible, maybe back to you r home country, what no good colleges or universities to play at there? You have no credibility here, you are NOT that good, and your English is as bad as your reasoning. But if you want to fire back feel free, becuase your last post brought me alot of enjoyment(at your expense no less).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 01:35 PM
Feno,
I know that you think that you are being persecuted but you are not. People all over this message board are laughing at you. Do yourself a favor and stop. I don't know what type of player you are now, and your repetoire of moves are impressive, but you were an average player at Dutch Fork at best. You were not recruited out of high school, you had no honors such as All- Region, All-State, or North-South as Lower pointed out. The old "I have 13 titles in my country" does not wash here. You are not given instant credibility because you come from a country with a soccer tradition.

Hey man, I hope that you take soccer as far as you can if it is your passion, but getting on here and bragging is going to alienate everyone on this board.You seem to think that everyone on here is a hick from South Carolina that has no idea of how the game works. Believe me when I tell you this that you are making a fool of yourself. Everyone here knows that St. Thomas is not very good, but if that is where you want to go, go and have fun and enjoy the game, but don't try to tell this board you are something you are not. The game is an evolution and you may end up in the MLS or anywhere else for that matter, but coming out of high school you were not D1 material. College coaches may make mistakes with marginal players but not with the slam dunks you proclaim to be.

You need to let this go dude for your own good. You are out of your league.
quote:
AH2K3

"Feminin, your a loser and you suck! If you were so good you would play at a better institution. Whats wrong scared to go for it, or deep down you realize that your mouth is bigger than your play. Personnally I think it's both. But you better hurry and get on with the Bobcats before you lose all your eligibility."

Let me tell you something you little crap!

If I go to play somewhere else would be because of scholarships! Plus soccer at Miami should be waaaay more competetive because of the Latino Community over there! As a matter of fact, the Coach at St Thomas was telling me how 2 kids from his team are going to MLS and one of them to Germany!

I'M NOT SCARE OF SOUTH AMERICANS, WHY WOULD I BE SCARE OF COLLEGE KIDS?

YEAH IF I DECIDE NOT TO GO AND STAY IN COLUMBIA, I WILL BE TRYING OUT FOR USC, I'VE NEVER BEEN REJECTED FROM ANY SOCCER TEAM EVER!!! I GREW UP IN CD AGUILA A TEAM WITH 13 NATIONAL TITLES!

I DID PLAY TWO YEARS WITH COREY LUGGER, AN ALL AMERICAN WHO HAPPENS TO BE DOING AWESOME IN D1, I KNOW I CAN PLAY WITH KIDS AT THAT LEVEL, AS I SAID BEFORE "IF YOU ARE GOOD, YOU'RE GOOD."

Miami is just more "Latino Environment," not that I have something againts SC, but I'll love to live in a place like Miami, next to South Beach!!!!

I don't know why I ever bother to answer you... anyways I'M THE MEAN ONE AND THE CONTROVERSIAL? I'M THE ONE WHO BRINGS TROUBLE!

" I'm scare of a real -athlete- breaking my legs but I'm not scare of doing: sombreritos, tunelitos, taquitos, tijeretas, chilenas, pifias, regates, recortes, quiebres de cintura, palomitas, culebritas, gambetas, bycicletas, cuastemillas, escorpiones, tunquitos... haha and all those moves that make FUTBOL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPORT IN THE WORLD!"

Yep, the futbol enciclopedia is waaaay too big for the soccer dictionary!

i'm hungover and this made my head hurt even worse

please ban him
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/08/05 04:22 AM
Fenomeno,

Ok, I'm going to ignore most of your post, but WHO THE HELL IS CD AGUILA????????? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Feno,

Let me put it to you this way. There is no way anyone from St. Thomas is going to the MLS. That's what the coaches use to try and incite you to go there, but they are just completely making things up. Also, just because you played with Corey Lugger, that does not mean you're a great play. I am sure there are people that once played with Beckham or Freddy or Ronaldo that are absolutely terrible, but they just happened to live in the same little town that they lived in when they were younger and played on the same team. Still though, you're an absolute pleasure to read because your posts are so pointless, ambiguous, and full of rambling.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/08/05 04:29 AM
AH2K3,

Back in our home countries not many Universities concentrate on Soccer, because many of the kids that are/should be going to college they are already playing pro at a certain level.

Just like the U-17 Mexican National Team, they are in 11th or 12th grade, and they are concentrated on beatting the living **** out of Hollan and Brazil to become World Champions!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/08/05 04:32 AM
ManUFan,

I'm sorry, but I can see that you r trying to talk about great players (i.e. Ronaldo,*and even Beckam*) but I don't why you should put Freddy Adu in there, What has he done besides being overrated?????????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/08/05 04:48 AM
I will give you my opinion.

"Feno, I know that you think that you are being persecuted but you are not. People all over this message board are laughing at you. Do yourself a favor and stop. I don't know what type of player you are now, and your repetoire of moves are impressive, but you were an average player at Dutch Fork at best. You were not recruited out of high school, you had no honors such as All- Region, All-State, or North-South as Lower pointed out. The old "I have 13 titles in my country" does not wash here. You are not given instant credibility because you come from a country with a soccer tradition."

"An average HS soccer player?"

You're wrong all the way... I would love to clear that one up for you but I don't know if is worth it... I said before "I come from a different soccer culture."

A D1 quality soccer(USA) player is "fast, strong, kick and pass the ball."

A D1 Latino soccer player "can do moves, can bent it, is creative, is a leader, is smart, knows the game, have style." At some point we think we're too good to try hard, we try only if we have to, we don't like playing the physical game, we think is stupid, we see soccer as an art and not as an sport!

Back in my high school days I didn't play againts Airport, RNE, LR, BC, and some other schools because it wasn't worth it, beating a team like 10-0 is not what we enjoy... injured most of the time I try to play the big games againts Aiken, Irmo, SV, Sumter, RV, and Wando... DON'T TELL ME I WAS AN AVERAGE PLAYER! ASK LUGGER, HE KNOWS THAT, I DIDN'T PLAY PREMIERE IN CLUB BECAUSE IS WAAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY, SEE WHERE I CAN FROM IF YOU'RE GOOD, YOU PLAY FOR FREE! We did had offers straigh out of high school but we scored too low in the SAT.

Clear examples... Maradona, Valderrama, Etcheverry, Franchescoli, D'Alessandro, Riqueleme, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Batistuta, Aimar... you almost never see them running or trying hard in the game because they don't have to, as soon as they get the ball, they do what all those fast and strong athletes can't, soccer in the USA is different from "Southamerican" futbol!

We like "quality not quantity," anyways I told you before, we watch soccer from different views, that's the beauty of the game.

Yes we (my brother and I) had to learn the American way of playing ball, "running fast, and shot with both legs," that makes us different from the rest.

Fantasy "latino" combined with a well fundamented "soccer" player...

I really don't know why I came out with all that, I told you before "we are all about fantasy" I don't enjoy watching those pigs doing hard tackles and "running fast" (Gravenson, Patrick Viera, Roy Keane).

The best soccer is played by the Latino man, Jorge Gonzales and Hugo Sanchez has been compared with Maradona and Pele so that make us to believe we own the game.

You guys have Jordan, Shaq O'Neil (whatever you spell that name) and Coby Bryan, so you guys own basketball, but we own soccer!

Not more, I'm done.

Keep laughing because while I'm playing with the big boys around Columbia, you're just posting and watching Henry and Liverpol...

Peace.
FootballerTR,

I was just trying to make things a little more relative as Feno mentioned that he played with Corey Lugger, Freddy is of similar age to some of the posters on this board, and in my case, I have played against him. Just trying to prove that just because you have played with a good player, doesn't mean you're a good player yourself. And although I agree that Freddy is overrated, or rather, he is talked about as if he is 16 when he is certainly not, he is definitely a very good player with a lot of talent.
And by the way Feno, I play with far better players where I am then you do in and around Columbia. Simple as that. I admire Henry and Liverpool, and if you truly "loved" football, you would too. The truth is, while European and South American styles are different, they are both beautiful and effective in their own unique ways. The thing that angers people most, however, Feno, is that you claim to be South American and that you play the best style of soccer. As a European even I know that you are not from South America, you are from Central America, which, if it has to be classified, is actually part of NORTH America, which includes, oh my goodness, the USA and MLS.
Are you kidding me? So your friend Corey as you claim is only big, fast, strong who can kick the ball. That was your definition of the American D1 prospect. there are alot of D1 soccer players in America that are 100x better than you that would take exception to that ignorant statement. Believe me, when prepaing to play against DF, you were not the focal point. Also, i know every big club in Columbia has scholarships available. the same with GFC and Giles back then. If you were a "PREMIER" player then you would have had a club allow you to play.

I know of plenty of latin american kids who work their butts off and have all the flair that you speak of. you just think you are above US Soccer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 05:44 PM
Feno,

You still haven't responded to my question, WHO THE HELL IS CD AGUILA??????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 06:02 PM
Feno,

Well I assume you have completed your objective here. You seemed to have highly infuriated a number of posters.

All you seem to do is repeat the same old "jargon" and put a different spin on it. I have tried to address your points with knowledge of Associaiton Football(to give its true name Feno) but you seem incapable of having a fair and balanced discussion. You drop the same Latino names, talk about how great Madrid is and continue to Rubbish non latino players and continents.

The great thing about the game of Association Football is that fans of it, truly appreciate all styles and can sit and talk for hours about great players all around the world. It is a shame Feno that you cant do that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 06:35 PM
Certainly when I came here I was trying to talk about soccer... make a few points but I was insulted and attacked, you have to respect others opinions and views, specially when they're based in facts!

www.cdaguila.com.sv find out buddy! We had in our club Cariota Barraza who rejected a big offer from Sao Paolo. Back in the days when players didn't have to go to Europe to commmercialize good futbol! When CD Aguila had Sossimo in their team, Sossimo won a WC with Brazil.

If you want to talk about soccer do it, I don't mind but you have to know what you're talking about. You are mad because Ronaldo won 3 FIFA players of the year, because Maradona's skill was insane, because Madrid have won 9 Champions Leagues, becase Brazil has won 5 WC's, Argentina and Uruguay 4 combined, and you tell me I'm talking about the past?

Lets talk about the past.

FIFA Player of the year = Ronaldinho, Brazil
World Champion = Brazil
Olympic Champion = Argentina
U20 World Champion = Argentina
U17 World Champion = Mexico
Concacaf Champion = USA, that didn't even make it to the State news, it was that big of a deal!

I though American love statistic, and numbers. I though American love stereotypes!

Here is a good stereotype.

"Mexicans" are the best soccer players in the planet! I don't care if that hurts your feelings buddy but is a good stereotype for that minority!

Peace

Att/

Fenomeno
CD Aguila = Club Deportivo Aguila or Eagles first division in El Salvador.

Funny thing that Feno won't say.... One would need to know their history a bit. The USA was in 2 world cups (30 and 50) before this club put anyone on the soccer field

I'll quickly translate what follows taken from the CD Aguila website.... Founded in 1926 in the city of San Miguel by a group of youths... to primarily promote BASEBALL and eventually soccer and Basketball...They were not so succesfull in baseball and soccer and eventually dedicated themselves Basketball, in which they were succesfull both nationally and internationally

"El Club Deportivo Águila fue fundado el quince de Febrero de mil novecientos veintiséis en la Ciudad de San Miguel, por un grupo de Jóvenes cuyo primer Presidente fue VICTOR VANEGAS, para promover primeramente el Béisbol, luego el Fútbol y finalmente el Básquetbol. En la práctica del Béisbol y el Fútbol, no tuvieron el éxito deseado y se dedicaron por completo a la práctica del Básquetbol, donde obtuvieron muchos éxitos tanto dentro como fuera del País"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 06:51 PM
Yeah it was founded by some dudes from Nicaragua, Nicaraguas biggest sport is Beisball... but then El Dr. Miguel Felix Charlaix took over, make it the most prestigious futbol club in El Salvador!

Haha, thanks man but I'm not too good translating things... the thing is that to get into CD Aguila you have to try out with a group from of hundred of kids from all over the country.

If you go to CD Aguila you have opens doors for nationals and you have to think about winning national tittles. My Coach Juan Ramon Paredes Coached the National team in this past clasification, right now soccer is waaay down the hill and everybody is mad because we used to be among the best.... Jorge Gonzalez, Jaime Rodriguez and a few other players that went to Europe were a clear example of one of the best techniques of futbol, compared with players such as Maradona, Pele, Franchescoli, Platini...

Haha.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 07:48 PM
Feno.... just let the talented talk.... then why are you? As I said before great players don't have to blow their own horn. Their actions speak louder than any words.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 08:02 PM
Again Feno,

Im not disputing the class of player or caliber of teams that you mention. I just put others in that class. You do not. Fairly smiple i know, but when i read your rhetoric over and over, it takes something away from your 'argument' because no one is arguing that whom you mention are not class. You in fact through, your constant inability to recognize other talent actually do a injustice to all the other fine Latino football minds out there that i have conversed with about all types of teams and players.

You do not frustrate me, i respect your opinion. But i certainly dont think you represent the majority of knowledgable (associaiton football wise) Hispanic people out there. In fact i dont think you represent latino's well becasue of your short sightedness and inability to accept others views.

Like i have said before Many Latino people appreciate Henrys skills as well as Ronaldo's. Schevchenko as well as Tevez. And Lampard as well as Riquelme.

Your only showing your true Association Football knowledge (very limited) if you cannot see these great players fall into one category.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 09:00 PM
feno,
can i get your autograph?
i can't believe how good you were when you were ages 13-17 in el salvador and dutch fork high school! I need to get that autograph before you become rich and famous down at St. Thomas!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 09:18 PM
What are you talking about? You can spout off a thousand names but that will never make you a better player.I have seen you play in the big games and let me assure you you were an average to above average high school player.

It is obvious that you have tried to rationalize your mediocrity in the US by blaming the style of soccer that is played over here.But hey man, whatever gets you to sleep at night. Every time you get on this board your lunacy is documented. Thanks for the cheap laughs pal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why soccer will rule the Untited States? - 10/07/05 09:56 PM
Hahaha i'm sure you've seen me play. In fact a lot of people have, there is nothing wrong with having some confidence, the best players in the world know they are the best because they know what they got!

Ask Henry if he is better than Ronaldo... Henry will say he doesn't know but in fact he knows, he is not.

Ask Ronaldo if he is better than Henry, he will laugh and he will tell you he doesn't know, but in the inside he knows he is the best...

He shout down Eto when Eto was talking crap about Barcelon beating Madrid, he said "Eto is still too young and he hasn't won anything yet."

Big men take big Challenges. Take me to Madrid I will get the ball and show my stuff to Robinho, not I'm not going to sit outhere laughing on his game, make fun of him, or tell him that his game suck, I'm not going to break his legs also.

I told you, I knew my opinion was going to be different, I knew a lot of people wasn't going to like it, but I took the challenge because I felt like is necessary, soccer in the USA will grow just like everywhere in the world, nobody can't stop it, is the global game.

Well if soccer is going to stay here, you have know who is the best, what makes Argentina, Brazil or Latin America that good, you need to look up and see what's in there, why is so popular, how you will play them.

Critiques on the games always hurt, any critique has a purpose, if somebody tells you what you're doing wrong is because you're doing it wrong, is part of evolution, is part of growing up, soccer is still a young sport around here.

After reading all my "controversial, pointless, mean, or racist" comments, whetever you want to call it, you will be ready to have a good soccer conversation with anybody around the world, I can garantee that... I love it when it comes to facts, smart conversation, with a lot of information... Jose is a good example of it, even though he gets mad because he is learning futbol, a new field of knowledge for him, he is taking it like a man.

I hate when you take it personal and start asking who I am or where I come from... I'm not scare of telling people what I've got! I've play with Brasilians and Argentinas, WITH PROS! I have play all around Columbia, and all around this "continent" called North America. I'm going to play somewhere in College, I had some phone calls already and some mails including one division 1 school.

If you insult me believe me I will insult you back, if you don't like me, well I don't like you either, I don'lt have to like you or be nice to people that is mean to me.

Peace out.
Fenomeno, enough is enough! ... This thread is getting closed due to your persistence on ruffling the other posters feathers time after time ... I have received so many e-mails this week asking me to ban you from this forum, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt -- you've ruined that possibility.

For the record, I saw you and your brother play for Dutch Fork and you two were good high school players (though I think your brother was better than you) ... Enjoy the adult league wherever you decide to live!
© SC Soccer