SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/02/06 06:30 AM
I think this is a good topic.

I've traveled a lot since I have family all over the States (LA, Miami, SF, NC, NYC, Atlanta, DC, TX). I think Los Angeles which I consider my hometown (I love LA dude, I cant wait to go back) is the only place in America where soccer is really serious now days. Los Angeles Galaxy and Chivas are some good examples of it.

Around here, club soccer is good, its kind of expensive though, HS is not really a big deal, 4 or 5 competitive games in the season, when I was a senior we used to beat teams like 15-0.

I guess College is the only place where you can see a good bit of the most beatiful sport in the world. There is a quote that says.

"70 Billion Hooligans can't be wrong."

Here, read what the ESPN crew think about soccer.

http://espn.go.com/eoe/rome62003.html

quote:
Lastly, further proof that I just don't get the passion and creativity of soccer or evidence that soccer player and soccer fan takes himself way too seriously, soccer star, at least I'm told he's one, David Beckham got all bent out shape recently when he and his former spice girl wife asked a Beverly Hills shoe store owner to close the store so they could shop. The owner, a smart guy, said he had no idea who Beckham was and refused. When Beckham said he and his wife were a big deal in England, the owner smacked him again saying, you're not there, you're here, and I've never heard of you, the store stays open. Becknaldo is a beauty: imagine this guy rolling into store in Beverly Hills and saying, "Becknaldo and his wife are here, lock the doors, we need some socks. . I don't know how to break this to you, Becknaldo: but you're a soccer player: unless your name is Alexi Meola-Chasti-Donna-Hamm, no one in this country is going to know who you are or care, much less close a store for you. If you want to be treated like John Lennon, you're going to have to stay home.

I think the "big boys" of ESPN haven't been exposed to the real deal yet (futbol). I think!

Henry and Beckam haven't impress the American "athletic" crew. That's just my point of view.

I wonder what would Michael Jordan, Mohammed Ali, Koby Bryan or Shaq Oneal will think of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Gerrard, Zidane, Batistuta, Hugo Sanchez...

As far as I know America hasn't been exposed to Latino-Futbol yet... that's just my opinion, not to make controversy. Certainly if you think of soccer by watching David Beckam playing... your opinion on soccer will be different that what us(Latinos) think of soccer.

Alright, later dudes.
feminin when are you going to take life serious. honestly just do us a favor and take your life. i mean if you want to offend americans and our way of life well youve just done. i think we should close this topic just to save feminin some face. just close it before more people see it and respond to this myopic idiot.
oh yeah way to bring race into the mix you f/n idiot. you call everyone else racist but your just displaying what you really are. gosh im tired
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/03/06 05:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by SwanseaWinger07:
oh yeah way to bring race into the mix you f/n idiot. you call everyone else racist but your just displaying what you really are. gosh im tired

Is just my opinion on that ESPN article. Go to the link that is below. There is nothing racist in that. Any more comments.
WOW, well said winger07! I guess you boys from Swansea can bring a little something to the board! Feminin is a joke, and if he LOVES LA so much why is it so hard for him to get there? I guess the enticing Columbia MAN's league is to much for him. Go for it feminin, get yourself another trophy, I beleive in you. haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/03/06 05:23 AM
College, Pro & International Soccer
This is the place to discuss, college, pro, or international soccer!

quote:
Originally posted by AH2K3:
WOW, well said winger07! I guess you boys from Swansea can bring a little something to the board! Feminin is a joke, and if he LOVES LA so much why is it so hard for him to get there? I guess the enticing Columbia MAN's league is to much for him. Go for it feminin, get yourself another trophy, I beleive in you. haha

Go to the High School side of the board amigo, oh wait you didn't even make the High School team...
I'll take a honest stab at answering the question.

Q: When is America going to take soccer seriously?
A: We already have, in the 1920's.

This website has the best history of US soccer on the web. Check it out if you haven't already.

An Overview of American Soccer History

A few excerpts from the above:

quote:
During the mid 1920's, the crowds for games were large, with 10,000 a not uncommon attendance figure. This was on a par with the NFL for much of the 1920's.
quote:
By the mid 1920's, the ASL had reached such a level of prominence that major foreign teams were enticed to perform major tours of the US playing against top ASL and other clubs. Sparta Prague and Vienna Hakoah, an all-Jewish side both toured the US in 1926, to record-breaking crowds. Hakoah's first three games drew 25,000, 30,000 and 36,000 spectators respectively, culminating in the famous May 1 1926 match at the polo grounds in front of 46,000 spectators, a crowd record that stood until 1977 when three consecutive records were set by the Pele-led New York Cosmos.
We have a rich soccer history that has been all but forgotten and buried. The real question is when will we as a nation rediscover the sport.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/02/06 06:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Soccer Watcher:
I'll take a honest stab at answering the question.

Q: When is America going to take soccer seriously?
A: We already have, in the 1920's.

This website has the best history of US soccer on the web. Check it out if you haven't already.

An Overview of American Soccer History

A few excerpts from the above:

quote:
During the mid 1920's, the crowds for games were large, with 10,000 a not uncommon attendance figure. This was on a par with the NFL for much of the 1920's.
quote:
By the mid 1920's, the ASL had reached such a level of prominence that major foreign teams were enticed to perform major tours of the US playing against top ASL and other clubs. Sparta Prague and Vienna Hakoah, an all-Jewish side both toured the US in 1926, to record-breaking crowds. Hakoah's first three games drew 25,000, 30,000 and 36,000 spectators respectively, culminating in the famous May 1 1926 match at the polo grounds in front of 46,000 spectators, a crowd record that stood until 1977 when three consecutive records were set by the Pele-led New York Cosmos.
We have a rich soccer history that has been all but forgotten and buried. The real question is when will we as a nation rediscover the sport.

I know most of the history... but somehow "the big boys" still don't recognize soccer as an american competitive sport.

Professional Football players, Basketball players, Hockey players, even Beisball players still trash soccer a lot, on tv, radio, and everywhere. Not to mentions comedians... They describe soccer as a "foreing hobby" as an sport for "third world countries." Is Germany a third world country I wonder?

I was looking into an article the other day, published by a Harvard graduate. He was talking of soccer as a thread... soccer is still a joke for a lot of Americans, mostly conservative Americans or those from the East side of the country...

Americans that travel a lot, that have actually been out of the States, is kind of embarrasing looking to all the World Super powers competing at a high level, and the US is still another guest... I don't think America has any chance of winning this World Cup, neither the next one. I wish it would be different though.

Just some thoughts on this sensitive issue.

I have been out of the US twice already since I moved from ES... people always come out with the same questions... when is America going to win a World Cup? How much more time do you guys need?

The answer is obvious.

Give us 5 or 10 more years... Do we really need all that time, living in the most powerful country in the world?
feminin, you think you are better than me because I didn't make a team? That's laughable!

When is America going to take soccer seriously? Maybe you should ask that of your own countrymen? ....oh OK then come back when you are better! Stop trying to give us that tired old line of "latino soccer is the best". We all know their strenghts and we know that the popularity of American soccer is not as great, just as you are not as great and if you were you would be playing for your country or maybe even a real college team, Columbia MAN's league does not make you a good player. Why don't you try to do something to make soccer here "more popular" instead of trying to remind everyone that "american soccer is not good and is boring and unpopular" and "Latino soccer is so great, I pee myself everytime I think about it"
Your post are neither interesting nor ground breaking, they are just cheap shots at anything other than DF, MAN's league, and Latino soccer...kinda like all my post to you!

Later dudes?!....really, could you be more of a dork?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/02/06 06:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AH2K3:
feminin, you think you are better than me because I didn't make a team? That's laughable!

When is America going to take soccer seriously? Maybe you should ask that of your own countrymen? ....oh OK then come back when you are better! Stop trying to give us that tired old line of "latino soccer is the best". We all know their strenghts and we know that the popularity of American soccer is not as great, just as you are not as great and if you were you would be playing for your country or maybe even a real college team, Columbia MAN's league does not make you a good player. Why don't you try to do something to make soccer here "more popular" instead of trying to remind everyone that "american soccer is not good and is boring and unpopular" and "Latino soccer is so great, I pee myself everytime I think about it"
Your post are neither interesting nor ground breaking, they are just cheap shots at anything other than DF, MAN's league, and Latino soccer...kinda like all my post to you!

Later dudes?!....really, could you be more of a dork?

First of all you start for introducing yourself. Second what do you know about soccer? Who do you play for? Whats the point of coming to the "College, Pro & International Soccer side."

Why don't you go to the High School side and post about how Swansea is going to win the state this year?

What the kids that never made the High School team need to do to make it!
Feno- I think you'd probably get more positive feedback about your threads. If you made them about the topic..and not yourself.

There are just other/better ways to preface a topic/post..without making it all about YOU.

Not trying to start stuff..just saying.

As for the topic:

Soccer popularity in the US is definitely on the rise. However, I don't think you'll have mainstream acceptance of soccer until the US wins the World Cup.
And ..sure..that sounds ridiculous to us. But look at college basketball..it's all about the Final Four. Look at how much we obsess over THE SUPER BOWL..or THE STANLEY CUP. Look at how many regular season games there are in the NBA..we talk about Kobe's 81..then wait for the playoffs.

That's my observation..as for this thread. You guys must have grown-up the middle child..right?
fenomino..uh.. i didnt even know who you were until i looked at this board.. but i can tell not many people like you. like i said.. i dont know you but i dont mind your opinions or anything like that but im not a fan of your annoying habits like copying what everyone before you said onto your post. thats really not needed. and the only people in the world that like latino soccer is latinos. but thats just my opinion..
fenomino..uh.. i didnt even know who you were until i looked at this board.. but i can tell not many people like you. like i said.. i dont know you but i dont mind your opinions or anything like that but im not a fan of your annoying habits like copying what everyone before you said onto your post. thats really not needed. and the only people in the world that like latino soccer is latinos. but thats just my opinion..

there you go buddy..now you dont have to copy and paste it..no thanks needed
ledude, there is a good bit of truth in that. Look at the womens team, they won big and it set of a firestorm for womens soccer, but now seems to be fading a bit as you don't hear as much about them anymore. We do need to win the big one, but unfortunately it might be awhile. Bad media coverage of our own pro games and college matches, along with odd(due to time zone differences) gametime of foreign matches does not help those of us that love the game. So yes, getting some press by winning the big one would help, nobody wants to hear about the loser's!...as my hero Patton would say "Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed........ because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans."
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/02/06 07:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by L-E Dude:
Feno- I think you'd probably get more positive feedback about your threads. If you made them about the topic..and not yourself.

There are just other/better ways to preface a topic/post..without making it all about YOU.

Not trying to start stuff..just saying.

As for the topic:

Soccer popularity in the US is definitely on the rise. However, I don't think you'll have mainstream acceptance of soccer until the US wins the World Cup.
And ..sure..that sounds ridiculous to us. But look at college basketball..it's all about the Final Four. Look at how much we obsess over THE SUPER BOWL..or THE STANLEY CUP. Look at how many regular season games there are in the NBA..we talk about Kobe's 81..then wait for the playoffs.

That's my observation..as for this thread. You guys must have grown-up the middle child..right?

Haha I'm glad Clemson dude is back, "el tigre fan."

I don't think I do the posts based on me, but my experiences as a soccer player. Nothing wrong with that (I think). It helps a bit I guess, but again I may be wrong. Did you have a post about yourself with about 40 responses? Are we talking democracy in here? haha just joking.

If that "talking about me" thing is going to keep HS kids out of posting "loco" ideas and attacking latino civilians for not reason. I am cool with that.

I don't need any more attention that the one I already have, being a brown man, with black hair, black eyes and with an accent living in South Carolina oh and playing in a League that is 95% white population should be enough, dont you think?

Alrite tigre fan, nice to see you back in the game. I'll take your advice. But hey, this is a good topic aint it? Come on, you know it is!
It certainly doesn't help that the World Cup is every four years. Americans have horrible memory (as for their heros)..the media especially will turn on an athelete/team at the drop of a hat.

side note: Patton was/is a bad ass. Indeed.
Who needs a World Cup victory? America wins da Super Bowl every year!
And the baseball WORLD SERIES [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] ..what a joke.
Speaking of jokes....ESPN sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"sports" my big hairy b***s. If, and only if soccer is shown by them,it will be on espn2. The media is killing soccer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/02/06 07:35 PM
The big question is, are we really trying? or we are just waitin until people laugh at America in Germany? and in the next one, and the next one?

Does anybody really knows how much more time America needs to be a serious contender? Come on now... everybody knows that America its all about winning... thats why we live here! because we like to win... to be the best of the best.
Yeah.. I'm a bit disenchanted with Disney/ESPN too.

The other day..they had the director of some basketball movie Disney made on the ESPN "Hot Seat" ..and they just asked him questions about the movie. Shameless self-promotion.

Not to mention their sports reporting is just a joke in general now. Sensationalization. And many other multiple syllable words that i've made up.
Yeah, sick of getting up every morning and hearing about, T.O. and L. James, K. Bryant and D. McNabb! We played Sunday, no mention on sports center. The football coaches that said espn controlled how the country looked at sports were right, we only get to see what they push at us. Personally I would like a "free kick" at their espnuts!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/02/06 08:57 PM
My fellow Soccer-Lovers, that is why you get Satelite (Dish-Network or DirectTV), so you can get RAI, Univision, Galavision, Trace TV, Telemundo, Gol TV, STP, ERA-Sport, Fox Soccer Channel, Aztec TV, Deutsche Welle, Fox Sports spanish, ESPN spanish at the same time. All are international channels from around the world were soccer games are broadcasted every week, they go from spanish channels to Greek, Italian, Portugese, German, you name it!!!!!!!!!!!!
footballerTR-I think that the point is, we can watch it if we pay lots of money, and know where to find it, but for it to become popular, its going to have to be on mainstream stations like espn, abc, fox, cbs and such.
alright, i personally didn't see anything wrong with the fenom's post....but anyway...soccer is getting bigger. this year every single world cup game will be televised. I am pretty sure that is an improvement from the last world cup. So this world cup i think the US will become more involved in soccer, that is unless the US gets knocked out in the group stage.
Sorry, i meant to say that too. Not a bad topic or post at all femoneno. Anything winger says is automatically thrown out because he plays for swansea, and no one really likes that ah2k3 kid either.
I think "AK47" is a good nickname..his jingoistic-Patton-humping demands it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/02/06 10:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by benp:
Sorry, i meant to say that too. Not a bad topic or post at all femoneno. Anything winger says is automatically thrown out because he plays for swansea, and no one really likes that ah2k3 kid either.

I really don't mean to be ass.. in fact i try to be nice to people that I don't even know because i don't see the point of gettin into the "iam better thing." Again, you respect me i respect u, and that's it.

USA soccer is always interesting and always a "sensitive," issue.

But hey, we don't want to get laugh by "70 Billions Hooligans" every 4 years... I mean, soccer needs to go to the next level. Think about it, I feel shame when people in other countries asked me about American soccer and I am not even an American! How would you feel about it?

I am not saying soccer will be on top of football, because football is a good way to represent America, "The Big Dogs," but soccer should be seen as an Army... America needs to be at the same level of the SuperPowers... American soccer needs an evolution... and the sooner it happens the better it will be.
Three reasons that soccer will never become a major sport to watch in America:
1. It will never become the passionate pro sport that it is is other countries, because it is not a spectacular/exciting pro sport to watch on TV, unless you are a real soccer fan.
2. It is still primarily considered a social/fun sport at the youth levels compared to the competitiveness of basketball, baseball, football. Certainly there are some levels of competitive youth soccer, but it is not the majority of the sport.
3. It is not a moneymaker in America.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/01/commentary/mediabiz/index.htm?cnn=yes
[]Originally posted by Fenomeno:

I don't think I do the posts based on me, but my experiences as a soccer player.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

well if the post are based off of your experiences then they are based on you. proof read idiot.....next

If that "talking about me" thing is going to keep HS kids out of posting "loco" ideas and attacking latino civilians for not reason.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

well talking about you doenst provoke attacks on latino civilians, just one civilian...you. if people wanted to attack latino's then your comments wouldnt put a fire to it. they do it without you so quit taking credit for things that happen naturally.....next.

I don't need any more attention that the one I already have, being a brown man, with black hair, black eyes and with an accent living in South Carolina oh and playing in a League that is 95% white population should be enough, dont you think?
[/QB][/QUOTE]

well good point but you also described me you except the part about the accent. that really doesnt draw attention to you. its your actions that do. who cares what the percentage of whites are in your league it was your choice to play there. so quit your b****ing. your choice dont complain.....next
Those are pretty weak reasons.

Winger- Learn the intarWEB, please.
the one thing wrong with his post is that he constantly names latinos are the best and how if america played more like them then we might win. quit ragging on swansea you broke down whiny pudendum. yeah look that last word up.
They are spoton reasons.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/03/06 12:17 AM
quote:
the one thing wrong with his post is that he constantly names latinos are the best and how if america played more like them then we might win. quit ragging on swansea you broke down whiny pudendum. yeah look that last word up.

South American soccer is the best, period!

This is a forum to discuss about profesional soccer, amateur and INTERNATIONAL, the HS forum is somewhere else.

I've been winning soccer games my whole life, you don't... so be quiet and learn some!

Not just Americans... Europeans play like Latinos... thats an old issue... and sorry if you don't know much about this kind of things... most of the moves that are used in European Leagues by European players came from "Streetfutballers" in Latin America.

Zidane who happens to be the most skillful European player I've seen, said that his hero was "Enzo Franchescoli." Means most of the things he does he saw it from Enzo!

I've seen Swansea playing before I Coached DF JV in 04 when they won the Irmo Preason tournament, your team was there, you were probably there too, and I don't remember seing any D1 prospect on the Swansea team!

If you don't know anything about profesional soccer you may want to stay in the HS side of the board... botton line, I don't even know why I waste my time with you... you make HS kids or the other kids from your school look bad...
you look bad period. i mean swansea did win that tournament so idk what does that say. i know plenty about pro soccer but i dont think youve mentioned one good point about pro soccer other than that they all learned from south americans. not true. speak the truth and we might have a good conversation on pro soccer.
Swansea

Shut up, you are just as bad.

Feno

American soccer is improving. Just take a look at the product on the field, ie National Team, compared to those in the 90s. Also, how many players are playing abroad and playing significant minutes. it gets better every year. if that is not progress, then what is?

while making it to the quarterfinals in 02 was not winning it, it was a step in the right direction. we will make it to the quarters this year? who knows. the US got a tough draw. we will look better and play better than both the 94 and 98 teams did.
not even a fraction as bad.
Look kid. You need to stop, seriously.

You may have good intentions..but the way you go back and forth with Feno is really distracting and annoying.

There may actually be something to say on the topic. So stop clogging the thread..trying to prove yourself.
This place really needs a Misc Forum or something.

How about we all relax..and have a little "Get to know your fellow poster"

Let's all meet our friend SwanseaWinger07

Name: warren weyer
Birthday: december 25 88
Birthplace: hampton, virginia
Current Location: wtf? my house idk or swansea, sc
Eye Color: brown
Hair Color: dark brown
Height: 6'1"
Right Handed or Left Handed: right
Your Heritage: white/indian/mexican/canadian/icelandic
The Shoes You Wore Today: none yet
Your Weakness: i guess girls that i like...i get goofy around them
Your Fears: dying by myself
Your Perfect Pizza: any kind
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: make it to state for soccer
Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: dont really use an instant messenger
Thoughts First Waking Up: what day is it
Your Best Physical Feature: idk
Your Bedtime: havent had one since 5th grade
Your Most Missed Memory: my og friends in texas
Pepsi or Coke: coke
MacDonalds or Burger King: wendy's
Single or Group Dates: single
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: tea is tea
Chocolate or Vanilla: strawberry
Cappuccino or Coffee: definetly cappuccino
Do you Smoke: only on rare special occasions
Do you Swear: on a regular basis.....keeps me healthy
Do you Sing: in the shower
Do you Shower Daily: yes
Have you Been in Love: once
Do you want to go to College: yes
Do you want to get Married: eventually if i find the one
Do you belive in yourself: 110%
Do you get Motion Sickness: idk
Do you think you are Attractive: of course, who doenst think that they are beautiful
Are you a Health Freak: no
Do you get along with your Parents: mostly
Do you like Thunderstorms: yeah
Do you play an Instrument: used to
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: yes
In the past month have you Smoked: yes
In the past month have you been on Drugs: no
In the past month have you gone on a Date: no
In the past month have you gone to a Mall: yes
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: no
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: no
In the past month have you been on Stage: no
In the past month have you been Dumped: nope
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: nope
In the past month have you Stolen Anything: never stole
Ever been Drunk: never
Ever been called a Tease: not to my face
Ever been Beaten up: by my brother
Ever Shoplifted: no
How do you want to Die: nobody whats to die, stupid ****ing quiz
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: an mls player would be nice if not business management
What country would you most like to Visit: united kingdom or germany
In a Boy/Girl..
Favourite Eye Color: blue
Favourite Hair Color: dirty blonde
Short or Long Hair: both
Height: just shorter than me
Weight: just enough to look good with how tall she is
Best Clothing Style: idk
Number of Drugs I have taken: 0
Number of CDs I own: maybe 30
Number of Piercings: 0
Number of Tattoos: 0
Number of things in my Past I Regret: i have a few but im glad i did those things

..my turn.
Name: Jack Rozier
Birthday: August 23, 1986
Birthplace: Takoma Park, MD
Current Location: Clemson, SC
Eye Color: hazel
Hair Color: brown
Height: 6'
Your Heritage: Lebonese/Scottish/French/Awesome
The Shoes You Wore Today: Saucony Jazz - black
Your Weakness: internet surveys!!!
Your Fears: ever meeting 2004striker
Your Perfect Pizza: Todaro's sausage/green pepper is pretty good
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: Get an apartment/job in Rochester, NY.
Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: hi
Thoughts First Waking Up: I'm awake.
Your Best Physical Feature: impeccably charming..eyebrows [Wink]
Your Bedtime: right after Benp nods off [Eek!]
Your Most Missed Memory: snow/MD
Pepsi or Coke: Cream Soda
MacDonalds or Burger King: Chinese Buffet
Single or Group Dates: oh..naughty
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: tea is pee
Chocolate or Vanilla: vanilla
Cappuccino or Coffee: coffee
Do you Smoke: DO I!?!
Do you Swear: yes
Do you Sing: yes..for the ladies
Do you Shower Daily: yes
Have you Been in Love: everyday of my life
Do you want to go to College: no..but i'm stuck here
Do you want to get Married: the real question is..does she.
Do you belive in yourself: uhh..i think i'm here..yes.
Do you get Motion Sickness: no
Do you think you are Attractive: my mommy tells me i'm beautiful
Are you a Health Freak: ..not a health freak
Do you get along with your Parents: yes
Do you like Thunderstorms: yes..and long walks on the beach
Do you play an Instrument: yes
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: yes
In the past month have you Smoked: yes
In the past month have you been on Drugs: non-stop
In the past month have you gone on a Date: yes
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: no
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: yes
In the past month have you been on Stage: yes
In the past month have you been Dumped: no
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: unfortunately..no
In the past month have you Stolen Anything: yes.. souls.
Ever been Drunk: I already said I go to college.
Ever been called a Tease: sure
Ever been Beaten up: no
Ever Shoplifted: no
How do you want to Die: very ..morbidly
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: An astronaut
What country would you most like to Visit: Easter Island has those funky heads..that's pretty cool.
In a Boy/Girl..
(I have opted not to answer the following questions..on account of them being too ridiculously stupid..even for me.)
Favourite Eye Color:
Favourite Hair Color:
Short or Long Hair:
Height:
Weight:
Best Clothing Style:
Number of Drugs I have taken: (0.0)
Number of CDs I own: a bazillion
Number of Piercings: zero
Number of Tattoos: none
Number of things in my Past I Regret: 1 - registering for this forum
was that a myspace quiz...
Yes.

side note: We have to give Warren some credit. He likes Coheed and Saosin.
very true on the musical issue. But seriously, notice how fenomeno does nothing but state the truth about US soccer (maybe slightly exagerated) and warren gets offended, but when i state the truth about specifically the soccer that warren plays(that swansea is awful (not exagerated)) he doesn't seem to notice...i wish his myspace said what club team he plays for.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/03/06 05:14 AM
quote:
you look bad period. i mean swansea did win that tournament so idk what does that say. i know plenty about pro soccer but i dont think youve mentioned one good point about pro soccer other than that they all learned from south americans. not true. speak the truth and we might have a good conversation on pro soccer.

one last thing.

Swansea won?

OMG dude, my kids (Dutch Fork) won that thing easy... beating Irmo in the Championship 3-1!!! The same kids that are going for the State this year... not a chance... Swansea lost to Irmo and you guys could have gotten literally "raped" by DF!!!

Just be cool, and show some manners, how hard is that?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/03/06 05:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:

1. It will never become the passionate pro sport that it is is other countries, because it is not a spectacular/exciting pro sport to watch on TV, unless you are a real soccer fan.

OMG kid... not exciting? Are you joking... "70 Billion Hoolingans can't be wrong"

Go here

http://media.putfile.com/soccer-best-goals-and-moves-in-history-2

If after you see that video you don't think soccer is just one of the greatest things invented after pizza of course... Not a chance, I think everything comes to a conclusion.

America hasn't been exposed to the best soccer in the world... South American... and yeah I'm not a South American I can play like them though... and hey there is nothing wrong with saying that... Pele and Maradona... Ronaldo and Ronaldinho... you just can't touch that!

We (Latinos) were exposed to Michael Jordan, so we know what basketball its all about. America hasn't been exposed to Maradona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos... The real deal!

Hope that is not "controversial" either.
well from my point of view soccer is growing rapidly here in america. during the fall take a look at how many little kids from the age of 5 are playing Rec to the many guys playing classic. just here in south carolina its huge! i am not certain about how many club teams exist here in SC but im pretty sure there are over 100 or somewhere near that. but as for nationally i would like it to be televised on local channels. i dont think i have ever seen a single game on a local channel. but thats all i have to say for now. take it easy guys and you too warren
and im sry about mentioning the girls too for the classic level too! sorry about that. but i say its still growning and in the future like maybe 4 more years this sport we all love will be a huge sport here in america.
Is it absolutely essential that we have to see this yourspace crapola? Its getting as bad as the posts about the Red Neck League. Hey........wait a minute.......
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/03/06 08:38 PM
I agree with the myspace thing. How many people has myspace here? We should all be myspace buddies.

Oh yeah and we need to see pictures of "el tigre" fan with the clemson futbol trophy... i mean we're all winners here right?
I..unfortunately..am not cool enough for myspace. But..I was very intrigued by Warren's survey..and I just thought we should all try to learn about eachother..rather than tear eachother down.. we should build bridges!

And.."el tigre" fan..is that me? I'm confused.
yeah i was just saying that the us is actually taking soccer seriously. to say that we arent if foolish. we do take it serious but nothing compared to europe and other continents. im going to stop defending myself and just say my comment and leave it at that. but i was angry at how feno always says south americans are the best. it gets old. im done.
thanks for checking out my myspace. i feel......well wierd.
oh my other mistake swansea did win the irmo post season tournament, in the black division. im sorry
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/03/06 11:56 PM
quote:
I..unfortunately..am not cool enough for myspace. But..I was very intrigued by Warren's survey..and I just thought we should all try to learn about eachother..rather than tear eachother down.. we should build bridges!

And.."el tigre" fan..is that me? I'm confused.

Damn "el tigre" fan aint cool enough for my space?

I though winners were cool enough to do anything... i guess u get confused with those terms...

I was just sayin, we can all have myspace so we can go to the HS games together, like wearing pink shirts and stuff, oh yeah, holdin hands maybe?

So if you play futbol in "la casa de los tigres" u should be able to win that intermiracle thing pretty easy. I mean we're all winners in here right?
..I..have a hard enough time understanding your english posts. Help me out here.

But really.. what's going on?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/04/06 02:01 AM
quote:
..I..have a hard enough time understanding your english posts. Help me out here.

K, easy for u.

1st place? Champion? El Campeon?

Do you play for a frat winning team? Pics whenever you get that trophy big dog.

Lata
i think "intramiracle" is like intermural soccer....i probably spelled it wrong, but i dont think i butchered it like fenom did.....
quote:
Originally posted by Fenomeno:
quote:

K, easy for u.

Lata

is that a knock on him mr. plex indoor 6v6 champion? you're a joke
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/04/06 05:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by shut^&play:
quote:
quote:

K, easy for u.

Lata

is that a knock on him mr. plex indoor 6v6 champion? you're a joke
oh i'm a joke, but i win, numero uno... u?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/04/06 05:01 AM
what u got?
im not being mean but feno do you always have to quote previous posts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/04/06 04:55 PM
its better man, so people knows who ur talking to, believe me, i had bad experiences by no quotin people.

yeah i'm just messin around now, el "tigre fan" talks too much... he does not have numbers...

its cool dude, winners smile most of the time... unless we are playing a real game, and i mean a real game!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/05/06 05:50 AM
Name: Beto Guerrero
Birthday: yesterday
Birthplace: San Mike, ES
Current Location: Irmo, SC
Eye Color: black
Hair Color: black
Height: about 7 3
Your Heritage: mayas, italian, spanish
The Shoes You Wore Today: adidas samba
Your Weakness: senoritas
Your Fears: playin soccer agains clemson fan
Your Perfect Pizza: pizza is pizza
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: gettin shut & play's respect haha
Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: dude!
Thoughts First Waking Up: i forgot to do my math hw!
Your Best Physical Feature: physical? u mean like physic? like gravity an stuff?
Your Bedtime: idk
Your Most Missed Memory: surfing, beatin irmo, idk...
Pepsi or Coke: none, i drink gatorade
MacDonalds or Burger King: both
Single or Group Dates: idk
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: idk
Chocolate or Vanilla: both
Cappuccino or Coffee: either
Do you Smoke: nah
Do you Swear: yah
Do you Sing: only after championships.. "we are the champions my friend."
Do you Shower Daily: maybe
Have you Been in Love: always... with futbol
Do you want to go to College: its my dream!!!
Do you want to get Married: with a nice senorita.
Do you belive in yourself: nah
Do you get Motion Sickness: ?
Do you think you are Attractive: nah
Are you a Health Freak: idk
Do you get along with your Parents: idk
Do you like Thunderstorms: idk
Do you play an Instrument: the oboe.... "danm gansta i was f.. with u dawg"
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: nah
In the past month have you Smoked: nah
In the past month have you been on Drugs: nah
In the past month have you gone on a Date: maybe
In the past month have you gone to a Mall: maybe
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: nah
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: kind of nasty
In the past month have you been on Stage: what stage?
In the past month have you been Dumped: nah
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: ?
In the past month have you Stolen Anything: nah
Ever been Drunk: i could say that...
Ever been called a Tease: ?
Ever been Beaten up: oh yeah... "there aint friends in the street."
Ever Shoplifted: ?
How do you want to Die: idk... ridin a nice wave maybe, playin a hardcore futbol game?
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: be as cool as jack rozier (LE Dude)
What country would you most like to Visit: Argentina all the way... "Dale dale dale dale booooo daleeeeeee daleeee boooooo" "para salir campeones, hay que poner mas webos, webooooos, sudar la camiseta, quiero salir primero, quiero salir primerooooooo"
In a Boy/Girl..
Favourite Eye Color: idk
Favourite Hair Color: idk
Short or Long Hair: idk
Height: not taller than 5 5
Weight: idk
Best Clothing Style: whatever is on the mall
Number of Drugs I have taken: its bad for ur health (i am serious)
Number of CDs I own: idk
Number of Piercings: gay
Number of Tattoos: nasty
Number of things in my Past I Regret: most of them words... in here.

whos cool enough to keep it goin?
?
TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF - The Survey
Name: Alek Canner(full name is Aleksandre Lee Canner. but no one calls me that)
Birthday: January 18, 1988
Birthplace: Prince George County, Maryland
Current Location: Gaston, SC
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: redish
Height: 6' 1''
Your Heritage: jewish, german, dutch, spanish
The Shoes You Wore Today: just my puma cleats (we had practice this morning
Your Weakness: food
Your Fears: failure
Your Perfect Pizza: one that tastes good
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: make all region in soccer
Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: I hate instant messengers, that annoying sound drives me crazy
Thoughts First Waking Up: crap...school again
Your Best Physical Feature: what kind of question is that?
Your Bedtime: never!
Your Most Missed Memory: teenage mutant ninja turtles
Pepsi or Coke: yes
MacDonalds or Burger King: sonic
Single or Group Dates: whatever, whenever, however
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: bottled tea is gross
Chocolate or Vanilla: depends on my mood
Cappuccino or Coffee: cappuccino
Do you Smoke: no
Do you Swear: not really
Do you Sing: unfortunately
Do you Shower Daily: another stupid question
Have you Been in Love: not sure
Do you want to go to College: yes
Do you want to get Married: yes
Do you belive in yourself: yes next question
Do you get Motion Sickness: too often. the fair is tough for me
Do you think you are Attractive: of course
Are you a Health Freak: nope
Do you get along with your Parents: mostly
Do you like Thunderstorms: sure
Do you play an Instrument: no
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: i sipped my daddy's beer... jk yes
In the past month have you Smoked: no
In the past month have you been on Drugs: just aspirin
In the past month have you gone on a Date: "sigh" no
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: a whole box?
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: yes i love it
In the past month have you been on Stage: yes
In the past month have you been Dumped: no
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: is that legal?
In the past month have you Stolen Anything: no
Ever been Drunk: i...can't....remember... no
Ever been called a Tease: been called worse
Ever been Beaten up: ask this question to my little brother
Ever Shoplifted: sadly, yes... when i was 5. My mom made me bring it back and apoligize to the owner of the store.
How do you want to Die: with dignity
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: still searching
What country would you most like to Visit: Australia, or the UK again
In a Boy/Girl..
Favourite Eye Color: doesn't matter
Favourite Hair Color: see above
Short or Long Hair: longish, shortish
Height: above 4' and below 6'
Weight: between 100 and 150
Best Clothing Style: umm.............................................
Number of Drugs I have taken: 3... including advil, motrin, and tylenol
Number of CDs I own: many many
Number of Piercings: 0
Number of Tattoos: 0
Number of things in my Past I Regret: no worries, and no regrets
wow... this is... nice guys... we're like..... bonding.

geez thanks L-E dude.
This soccer forum has really gone down hill. I am gonna give it up for a while til about 14 posters are locked up.
You're full of **** Stroke..
Wow, that sounded just like Sheerer. What is all this hisspace crap?
Well..I did have a few "ales" last night..so that's my excuse.

..and please..stop pretending like you don't have myspace, xanga, and all that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/05/06 07:35 PM
whats wrong with havin a myspace thing? myspace is my life!
idk how it started people just posted my survey.
word
quote:
myspace is my life!

..that's what's wrong with it..heh.

..don't go changing usernames now Warren..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/05/06 08:29 PM
dude... i've met a lot of rock starst and movie starts from myspace, its so cool!

I used to have Kenny Chesney, Brad Peisley, 50 Cent, LC (Laguna B), Kristine (LB), Linnyrd Skinyrd, Stephen(LB), Spicoli, Eminem, but unfortanly i eresed that account cause some weird people were tryin to hit on me.

Myspace is like the cooles thing ever!
..eh.. I met Stroke's daughter on myspace.. but then we met in person ..and instead of Jessica Simpson ..she looked like Marge Simpson. Since then I've been skeptical of myspace.
....eh....so its called whyspace?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/05/06 08:44 PM
i still have to meet pam anderson, kid rock, shaq oneil, alpaccino... oh and david beckam (my dream), and if i give up myspace, i'll never have chance to meet them! basically i'll give up my dreams!
R u guys for real? Maybe it should be called nospace.
or maybe ourspace.

Stopit striker, we finally found something we have in common. We're getting along for some short breif moments.
http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=19079DFD-EF5F-4335-92BA-8&action=1 i love myspace.
sorry ill change it back
All this nospace has gotta stop.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So when is America going to take soccer serious? - 02/07/06 04:59 PM
hahaha myspace is awesome! I added Enrique Iglesias today to my bud list! so awesome!
You know what else is awesome....YOU ARE GAY!
© SC Soccer