SC Soccer
Posted By: Edmund Carson EPL Champions again. - 04/29/06 06:26 PM
Chelsea 3
Man U 0
Chelsea retains title with the win. Any thought on the game?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4955410.stm

-
Posted By: MP Re: EPL Champions again. - 04/29/06 06:59 PM
Rooney was carried off the field on a stretcher after sustaining a foot injury off a challenge from Paulo Ferreira. I hope he will be ok for the World Cup as it is getting close and Michael Owen just recovered from his injury.

Chelsea claims their second consecutive Premiership title and Mourinho's fourth. Now, I only hope they can carry this success over to the European stage.
Posted By: goals66 Re: EPL Champions again. - 04/30/06 01:14 AM
any word on rooney?
Posted By: Man U Fan Re: EPL Champions again. - 04/30/06 01:28 AM
He has a broken foot. He is expected to be out for 6 weeks but he did the same thing in Euro2004 and was out for 10 weeks so we will see what happens.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: EPL Champions again. - 04/30/06 02:02 AM
When did Jose win two other Premiership titles? I know he was in Portugal for a while, but not that he previously managed a Barclay's club.
Posted By: Bazza Re: EPL Champions again. - 04/30/06 12:37 PM
He is refering to the fact that he won back to back championships with Porto of Portugal.
Posted By: MP Re: EPL Champions again. - 04/30/06 03:06 PM
I also read a newspaper article that described an interview Jose Mourinho gave with a television station in which he said he had contemplated stepping down from Chelsea this season. He said that Chelsea should get more respect as a club but that he would be back next season.

Also he is reported to want 3 new players to sign, including the transfer of Ballack from Bayern Munich. For this to happen 3 players would also be allowed to leave to preserve the 24 man squad.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: EPL Champions again. - 04/30/06 05:02 PM
...ahhhh, MP. His fourth league championship. As well, Ballack is not transferring since his contract is up and he is free to sign as he wishes. Der Kaiser has criticized his form recently and says "He is already at Chelsea in his mind."
© SC Soccer