SC Soccer
Posted By: Hurst66 UEFA Cup Final - 05/11/06 01:02 PM
How come only one team showed up yesterday? Wow!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: UEFA Cup Final - 05/11/06 02:00 PM
3 scores in the last 12 minutes. That sucks. Your new England Manager
Posted By: Anthony Pelton Re: UEFA Cup Final - 05/11/06 02:21 PM
Viduka was mugged in the 62nd in the area. The P.K. that should have resulted would have tied the game.Two minutes later,2-1 Seville.
A blind ref with a seeing eye dog in the dark makes that call, unbelievable!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: UEFA Cup Final - 05/11/06 02:57 PM
I agree, but Viduka should have done better with that one-timer from point blank that he blasted into the keeper. Unlucky!

Overall, Seville's sleek, skillful, Spanish-Brasilian flair clearly out-classed the Euro-Brits from Boro yesterday.
Posted By: Anthony Pelton Re: UEFA Cup Final - 05/11/06 03:41 PM
Outclassed I think is a little strong. Up until the early 60's I felt the game was fairly even with Boro creating some nice chances off of counters.
The Spanish seemed more comfortable with possesion penetration as the game wore on, which I felt was helping the Boro counter.
All in all, the better side probably won and yes you are right about Viduka's one timer--problem was he was about 6 feet out when he received the ball with an advancing keeper coming fast.
Posted By: Edmund Carson Re: UEFA Cup Final - 05/11/06 07:33 PM
I think the no call on the penalty broke the Brits up a bit. They were pressing pretty well up until that point. After Seville's second goal it just fell apart.
That Seville supporter in the stands looked like they had just rescued his family from a desert island. I thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: UEFA Cup Final - 05/11/06 07:41 PM
Great analogy EC. He was literally crying and trembling from euphoria.
© SC Soccer