SC Soccer
Posted By: ChuckNorris Poland/Ecuador Game thread DO NOT READ - 06/09/06 07:02 PM
And here we go. My batteries are dying and unless they extend me a cord I will have to sign off. But anyway, World Cup is well underway now, no turning back!!
15 minutes in and Poland is hard pressing. Not too many great oppurtunities but they are really controlling the match so far.
Oh no, Ecuadorian defender just got megged in World Cup play, that must be embarassing!
Goal by Ecuador's Tenorio
Great goal by Ecuador!!!!! Throw in, head flick, then a header to finish in the back side. Beautiful finish!
24 minutes, Ecuador 1-0 Poland
Great endline drop, but blown shot from the six, over the net!(Ecuador)
That play looked similar to the play they scored on
First yellow of the game, for Ecuador.
Given to Hurtado, the captain
The Ecuadorian keeper is sporting some nice face paint. Lokks like he is on the warpath. Almost as bad as the American haircuts in 2002.
Thanks jf, trying to get all the names and then spell them correctly is a task. So I have just chosen to be lazy, sorry.
No prob man imma be ur sideline reporter
Another yellow, this time for Poland, Smolarek I believe. 36th minute
Correct see what Ecuador does
Ecuador's defense is playing very good right now
Ecuador has really taken the momentum since the goal. Much different game now. The Keeper seems to be really good also, he had a punch out on a corner early, he's very aggresive and seems to know where to be and when.
Ecuador is controlling this game. Their defense is playing very agrresively and their young goalie is making some good decisions. Poland looks lost and they cant find a way to get thru that d or that keep. See how the second half turns out
Definately right about that. Turning out to be another great first day match.
At the half Ecuador 1-0 Poland
some half time stats...shots on goal 7-2, Ecuador...on goal 4-0, Ecuador...foouls 9-7, Ecuador....corners 5-1, Poland....offsides 1-0, Poland...possesion is 50/50
Great oppurtunity denied by the Ecuadorian keeper! He is the difference in the game.
Wow, he tagged that ball into the back of the net, to abd he was offsides!(for Poland)
WOW, stellar defense is keeping the ball out of the net for Ecuador! Poland just had a couple of great oppurtunities but denied each time!
Poland now is attacking aggresively, but Ecuador's defense is defending just as hard
Poland is really pressuring right now, a lot of momentum for them. 60 minute mark, a lot of soccer left.
Kaviedes comes in for Tenorio, who scored the goal, in the 19th minute of the second half
Jenis comes in for Sobolewski in the 22th minute of the second half, 1st sub of the game for Poland
Second card for Ecuador, 70th minute, to Mendez
Precautionary sub for Ecuador as the captain Hurtado comes out after the hard fall. Couldn't get the subs name. Alson, mendez just picked up a yellow card, Ecuador's second booking in this game.
Kosowski for kwzyrsinovek(somethin like that). Second sub for Poland
9th corner for Poland in the 78th minute, shot at top of box is a rocket but slides over crossbar. Score still 1-0 Ecuador.
GOALLLLLLLLLLLL! Ecuador, nice work into the box then slidinbg it home.
80th minute, Ecudaor 2-0 Poland
The Poland fans are in shock, dumbfounded! Even though Poland has the edge on possesion with 55%, they are still down 2-0.
Goal by "tin" Delgado. Ecuador leads 2-0 with about 9 minutes left in the second half
This goalie from Ecuador is something else. I see a star in the making.
Second half shots Poland 4-2 Ecuador. Poland just lands one off the post, unfortunate for them.
I agree, he has been tremendous in the goal today, should be man of the match for Ecuador. I have been really impressed with him, even more if he holds the shut out. 88th minute now.
His name's Cristian Mora, this is his first World cup appearance and he's only 23 years old.
WOW, two off the p[ost for Poland now. They can't buy a goal. In extra time now.........
my bad 26 years of age
Great goalkeeping by Ecuador's Mora, helps them to a 2-0 shutout of Poland. Good match, great opening day, Can't wait to see England's side on the pitch in the morning.
Told ya'll Ecuador was gonna win. I think it's their firs ever win in the world cup. Great game by Ecuador.
Posted By: Man U Fan Re: Poland/Ecuador Game thread DO NOT READ - 06/09/06 08:56 PM
Not their first win the world cup, during the game they said how they beat Croatia in the last world cup.
o yeah i remember. My bad. I was watching the spanish broadcast.
Good call jf, I was way off. But even they call it an upset. Ecuador did win a game in the 2002 World Cup, but just one.
Thanks Chuck, but i dont think it was an upset. i guess its just how one sees it
Posted By: CJ Re: Poland/Ecuador Game thread DO NOT READ - 06/09/06 09:02 PM
Didn't they ask us not to post the scores?
Posted By: CJ Re: Poland/Ecuador Game thread DO NOT READ - 06/09/06 09:03 PM
http://www.scsoccer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000958
You guys shoud try like instant messaging eachother or something cuz yall are havng your own game convo on here
Posted By: Man U Fan Re: Poland/Ecuador Game thread DO NOT READ - 06/09/06 09:16 PM
Jags you went from like 3 posts to 39 just today, definitely listen to MPSC and get AIM to talk to each other because we don't want to know every little thought you have on here.
2nd
the ecuardorian goalie was alright...i thought a lot less of him because of his cute little flags he had on his face.
Posted By: benp Re: Poland/Ecuador Game thread DO NOT READ - 06/10/06 04:03 AM
In case Hurst reads this, sorry your wifes jersey was bought in vain, looks like 3 again for Poland.

I thought Mora was good, but he nearly cost them a goal coming out on a corner when he had no business leaving his line.
If you guys dont want scores dont read the thread, it explicitly says game thread and do not read. But for those of us that are watching and for those that want to know or discuss what is happening, we will post. Thanks Jag for the in game commentary, keeps people on their toes and thinking.
ben, come on, give credit where credit is due, Mora, played great, yes he came off his line, but at the right times to make it effective, he had a shutout against quality shooting, what more do you want?
© SC Soccer