SC Soccer
Posted By: cat's cradle Best strike through first matches - 06/15/06 02:07 PM
Togo—great ball served down the middle, ball brought down with the outside of the right thigh between defenders, one look up to frame the goal and keeper, first touch strike on the ground into far-post corner. Brilliant!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/15/06 02:35 PM
This is tough.. off the top of my head I'd say either..

Cahill's 2nd goal off the post (not the hardest strike..but a beauty and IMPORTANT goal)

or

The 4th goal for Spain. Just a beautiful series finished by a KILLER finish from Torres.

(disclaimer: I didn't see Germany/Costa Rica but the replays of the Lahm goal are pretty impressive)
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/15/06 03:30 PM
Rosicky's first goal against the baddies of the US.
Posted By: Man U Fan Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/16/06 04:08 AM
Frings' goal against the Costa Ricans has to be the best of the tournament so far if we are talking about a pure strike
Posted By: AirMaddox Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/15/06 07:43 PM
1. Frings vs. Costa Rica
2. Lahm vs. Costa Rica
3. Rosicky #1 vs. U.S.
Posted By: goals66 Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/15/06 07:50 PM
1. Frings vs. Costa Rica
2. Lahm vs. Costa Rica
3. 4th goal for Spain
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/16/06 12:21 PM
Best strikes:
1. Frings vs. Costa Rica
2. Rosicky's first vs. USA
3. Gerrard vs. T&T

Best goals (drama):
1. Cahill's second vs. Japan
2. Neuville vs. Poland
3. Jaidi vs. Saudi Arabia
Posted By: MPSCplayer73 Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/16/06 09:46 PM
i got a new one Argentinas Crespo to Camibasso beautiful set up
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/17/06 01:54 AM
That was indeed a beautiful goal.. the backheel was a nice touch.. but Torres still had a better finish..
Posted By: THE LEGEND Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/17/06 03:56 AM
i dont remember his name, but the dude from ecuador's second goal, he just blasted it by the keeper!
Posted By: AirMaddox Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/19/06 03:38 PM
honorable mention:
switzerland's second
ukraine's second
Posted By: AirMaddox Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/25/06 04:56 AM
Argentina's second today against Mexico has to be the best so far....wow is all i can say
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/25/06 10:50 AM
AirMaddox, I'm with you. That Argentine goal Saturday by Maxi Rodriguez in overtime against Mexico was a thing of beauty.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/25/06 01:03 PM
..benp told me that was Zidane! [Confused] [Confused]
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Best strike through first matches - 06/26/06 11:58 AM
This were Spanish is better descriptively..... these are GOLASOS not gol(es).

It loosely translates to WHAT A @#$%$#@ GOAL!!!!!
© SC Soccer