SC Soccer
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/08/08 04:49 PM
Anybody else watch that fulham vs blackburn match today. Johnson really does not seem to be fitting into the EPL very well.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/08/08 05:19 PM
Fulham freekick evens match toward end. . .
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/08/08 05:56 PM
I watched the match and except for the strike Eddie Johnson had off the crossbar/upper right post, he didn't fare too well -- especially when given space he just turned the ball over far too easily.

Like the announcers said, though, Arsene Wenger has a belief that it takes forwards a little bit longer to get acclimated to the EPL, but Fulham's days are numbered if they don't get in some much needed points over the next nine EPL matches. Hopefully the Cottagers will escape relegation and send Birmingham down to the Championship Division.

Jimmy Bullard's free kick with two minutes left was exceptional!
Posted By: CescFab4 Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/08/08 06:14 PM
was the final 1-1 i didnt get to see the end
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/08/08 06:21 PM
Yes, the freekick evened it, final 1-1
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/08/08 06:25 PM
ya the one shot that hit the crossbar was encouraging, but it really looks like he needs to hit the weight room, he was falling alot. He did seem very nervous though if you noticed everytime he would have a break he would always settle for the drop pass.

Not to mention that the referre they had was very unconsistant. Glad to see that doesnt only happen in SC.
Posted By: Columbia21Champion Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/10/08 11:27 PM
Quote:

Not to mention that the referre they had was very unconsistant. Glad to see that doesnt only happen in SC.

speaking to the crowd
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/17/08 11:24 PM
Great goal by Brian McBride to keep Fulham alive if you will in the EPL, good to see him scoring again. (Of course with his head)
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/23/08 02:57 PM
another depressing game by Fulham. Johnson should have shot at the end of the first half. He also plays way too many drop balls.

WHY IS DEMPSEY STARTING ON THE BENCH?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Eddie Johnson and Fulham - 03/23/08 03:40 PM
I noticed the same thing when I watched the replay late last night.

Johnson goes backward every time.
© SC Soccer