SC Soccer
Posted By: Hurst66 Clover HS to add lacrosse - 03/20/12 02:32 PM
Clover High School to add lacrosse
The (Rock Hill) Herald
March 20, 2012
by Mychal Frost

http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/03/19/3832061/clover-high-school-to-add-lacrosse.html
Posted By: Old Gal Re: Clover HS to add lacrosse - 03/20/12 03:01 PM
I don't have a problem with new sports being added (the more the merrier). However, why can't the SC High School League use some common sense on when to schedule the season's for each sport? They could have easily slated Lacrosse for the winter months right after football so that it does not go head-to-head with soccer.

Also, why are the golf and tennis seasons split? Seems like you could do one (boys and girls) in the fall and the other in the spring. Might alleviate some travel issues.

Fall - Competitive Cheer, Cross Country, Football, G-Golf, Swimming, G-Tennis, Volleyball

Winter - Basketball, Wrestling

Spring - Baseball, B-Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, B-Tennis, Track & Field

One more question: has anyone heard if indoor track got approved at the Principals/Athletic Directors meeting earlier this month? I know it had been tabled once again by Coach Bob Jenkins from Rock Hill, but I haven't heard the outcome. Next thing you know folks will be wanting to sanction Rugby as a prep sport!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Clover HS to add lacrosse - 03/20/12 03:44 PM
Doesn't Wando already have have rugby, crew, equestrian and squash?
Posted By: Snicklefritz Re: Clover HS to add lacrosse - 03/20/12 04:40 PM
There goes our beautiful game field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: The Chief Re: Clover HS to add lacrosse - 03/21/12 10:35 AM
Biggest problem you will have now is waving off the small planes trying to land there because the lines of a football field with soccer lines on top of that and then lax lines ontop of that look like a small airport runway. That or one of those acient mystery Myan desert drawings you see on those UFO shows!
Posted By: TugJobber Re: Clover HS to add lacrosse - 03/22/12 05:27 PM
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Clover HS to add lacrosse - 03/22/12 05:49 PM
Ahhhhh, the movie that changed the music.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/03/17/3826907/memorial-service-for-rock-hill.html
© SC Soccer