SC Soccer
11/9/12

Lower Richland's playoff hopes smashed
The State

Diamond Hornets learn at end of Thursday’s practice they are ineligible for tonight’s long-awaited game
touche' ... "An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules..." for what it's worth, I bet this coach has been doing this for years in Florence where no one could watch him.
This is certainly on the coach, but also the athletic director. Which of course could be the same person. Unfortunate for the team as a whole. Tough life lesson.
Byrnes had a similar issue. They dressed a JV player for a varsity game with Dorman. They told the Dorman AD Wed, but not the SCHSL until Friday, hours before kick off. It is very noisy on Palmetto Football message board. Byrnes got a hand slap.
Quote:

Byrnes had a similar issue. They dressed a JV player for a varsity game with Dorman. They told the Dorman AD Wed, but not the SCHSL until Friday, hours before kick off. It is very noisy on Palmetto Football message board. Byrnes got a hand slap.

What were the differences in circumstances that would allow one team to be banned and another to get a "hand slap?"
Dont know how true it is but Local Television reported that a petition with over 5,000 signatures were sent to the SCHSL this morning demanding the removal of Byrnes from the South Carolina 4A playoffs or the immediate dismissal of Jerome Singleton. Boy this story has just gained legs....it seems a bit more serious than it first appeared. Good luck to Byrnes and keep us up with what transpires throughout the day.

http://forum.palmettofootballtalk.com/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=63361bc2a28cf35ca39f0f1e8ff1c031
11/10/12
Source: Byrnes football team will remain in playoffs

http://preps.goupstate.com/news/article/39905/source-byrnes-football-team-will-remain-in-playoffs/
After reading the verdict ... bunk! How does LR get banned and Byrnes a loss with an asterik, while maintaining a spot in the playoffs and due to the points system in a more favorable bracket than what would've been had the regular season loss to Dorman counted ... Total bunk!!!
Welcome to SCHSL, where who you are means more than what you do.
11/13/12

WCSC Live 5 News

Goose Creek has been disqualified from the Class 4A playoffs.
Between us guys, that was LONG overdue.
with those scores you had to wonder...
i would suggest that its not too late to start over with new brackets & include everyone that lost last week.
i would be calling all the 4a losers last week & tell them to get back on the practice field.
Humerous statement from Bluffton coach.
Now he has a built-in excuse. I.E., "we had to prepare for both." Waaaaaaaaaah.
© SC Soccer