SC Soccer
Coaches, please refrain from discussing the North-South Soccer Classic until we are given the "ok" by Director Tom Reilly of Wando HS.

Apparently, the Aiken Standard newspaper has run a story in the Sunday paper announcing that players from that area were named to the North-South Soccer Classic.

Coach Reilly is still preparing the final rosters, so we should know shortly, but until then we ask you to keep this information quiet.

Thanks!
It was asked very politely that no one release anything on the N/S game until Tom had a chance to confirm everything. People don't know the headaches they cause when they do what they aren't asked to.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: North-South Soccer Classic Release of Teams - 04/30/02 12:42 PM
Coach Dick Smith, and Kyle, Apparently when the Region III 4A team was released last Firday either our AD or the Region Co-ordinator saod something to the Aiken Standard, thus it was printed. I kept up my end, unfortunately I thought I could trust the school not to say anything as asked.

I feel badly about this, as I ma a representaive of Aiken High School, this ultimately falls on my shoulders. I have made a call to the Aiken Standard asking that nothing further be printed on this matter.

I am hoping this does not in any way hurt the two boys that have been selected to play in this precious event.

Again I apologize for the mistake.

Coach Dave Myers-Aiken High School
© SC Soccer