Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
correct..Also Summerville's JV squad only lost one game 1-0 to Wando and gave up only three goals on the season

W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

I'm pretty sure the Wando Girls JV team went undefeated this year as well, and they might not have given up a goal.

H66, you are correct, no goals given up in 2008 and only one goal to Spring Valley at the 2007 Irmo post season tourney. Undefeated in 2006 as well. The best I can tell...Wando JV has not lost a game since March 2005.

Wando's JV has played some of the best schools in the State, not just local region.

There are lots of great high school teams throughout the state and should provide for exciting girls soccer next season.

world cup
world cup
WandoFan,

Ohhhhhh I remember that 2007 Irmo post season tourney. I had a front row seat for that one.

Fort Mill Girls JV lost 1-0 to Wando in that tournament. Our best offensive player was carted off the field with a broken nose, after colliding with a Wando player, who, a few weeks later, scored a goal for the Wando varsity team in a second round state playoff game.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
W
throw in
throw in
W
Well, gee, she doesn't need her nose to score! JK (just kidding) Yea, those collisions can be brutal. Hate to see anyone get hurt. Does Ft Mill have an Irmo curse? Didn't one of your girls have a broken leg this year? I hope she's on the mend.

I believe it's customary to move your talented JV players up at end of season.

Last edited by WandoFan; 05/30/08 07:16 PM.
world cup
world cup
I believe it's customary to bring them up too....and then leave them UP.

If you're good enough to score a goal in a second round 4A state playoff game, you shouldn't be dropping down to play in a JV Girls tournament.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

The injury bug hit Mauldin this year. A ACL, MCL, knee clean up (previous knee injury), foot (previous broken foot), and a player returning late in the year from a ACL injury in the fall. The last half of the year Mauldin had two forwards playing in the defense to fill in for the injuries. Even with all the injuries they came together and made a great run to the title game. Mauldin would love to have a "no excuse" year in 2009. Since Mauldin only had 2 seniors on this years team the future is bright. And with the Mauldin JV girls going undefeated this would lead one to believe they are ready for next year.

A "no excuse" year doesn't mean that you don't have injuries, it means that you don't use this or anything as an excuse. Everyone has injuries. The best teams are the ones that wear the bullseye that comes with being the highest ranked teams with pride and don't make excuses if and when they lose.

W
throw in
throw in
W
I really don't know anything about the timing or individual players.
Too bad we couldn't meet in the finals this year for a rematch.

world cup
world cup
You are right. Fort Mill went undefeated in four matches at the Irmo Tourney, just couldn't collect enough points to make it into the final.

Question for you.

We played against the '07 team, I only saw the '08 team (from a distance) play about a half. Which team do you think was better? I thought the '07 team (with JK) was bigger and better.

W
throw in
throw in
W
I am more familiar with this year's team. With their records it would be hard to say which team was better. I've heard it discussed in the stands and the opinions were about 50/50.

My use of JK earlier meant "just kidding".
Last year's team was bigger, half or more were sophomores (who did not even try out for varsity this year) and this year the majority of the team were freshmen.

world cup
world cup
WF,

My apology. I thought JK were the initials for Jen the Killer!

All kidding aside, you guys have a great program down there.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard