Next Thread
Print Thread
#106264 06/05/08 12:53 AM
W
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
W
US looked alright during the first half as Adu can create a bit when given time on the ball, but the second half was lackluster to say the least. can we please give up on eddie johnson? and also demarcus looked a step off the pace, hopefully he can find his form again soon, but overall spain dominated and really should have finished more chances, what are everyone else's thoughts?

goal
goal
Garbage by the US. Adu gave us some light and finally someone in the center who could distrubute the ball and create chances. Yes we really do need to give up on Johnson, if he is great coming in and scoring in at the end of games let him do just that and start someone else, maybe a Jaqua or Altidore or Donovan, somebody. Look what Liverpool does with Crouch. I thought Bradley has not looked well lately either, I think he gets frustrated and just starts fouling, he could be taken out eariler and just let him grow a little.

I started thinking and realized the US really hasnt won a game of any importance since the 2002 WC. I know we beat all these tiny nations in the caribian to qualify, but anytime we play a good European team or South American team we lose or if lucky tie. And we refuse to play Mexico in The Azteca. Kinda depressing when I think about it. We need to learn how to win on other continents and quickly.

I hate floppers
goal kick
goal kick
I got very frustrated watching this game, when the US had a chance to attack they had no attacking players. One time a ball was crossed into the box (The US) and the only players in the box were the Spanish goalie and four Spain defenders. Yes, Spain is better than the US but it was very agitating to see the US just sit back and take it on the chin from Spain. I do not like Michael Bradley on the field, he does not have a lot of self control. I realize some players cannot play due to the MLS but it was aggravating to see no attacking output from the US. At the same time i know every player on the field for the US is 10000 times better than me, but I do not believe the team is playing to their full potential.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
gerrard15 #106267 06/05/08 12:54 PM
goal
goal
Why wasn't Jozy Altidore on this trip? I see he's more of a La Liga man now!!!! Looks like he smartened up nas!!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I enjoyed the first half actually, problem was, I watched the second half also! I think it is really unfortunate to see that our best player is a 19 year old. Or should I say our best days are years away and will not include many current players that have good experience!

Let's face it we are the best National side in North America and the Islands. After that, we have to play our best game to be in the game against world class competition.

We have not replaced McBride and E. Johnson does not have the years under his belt to be our scorer. Neither does Altidore. A kid with little or no Europe experience will be handled easily by a Puyol or any quality back.

Bradley probably is not looking at results as much as team chemistry. I hope he saw what I did in the second half....

Crabb #106269 06/05/08 06:31 PM
goal
goal
O what I would do to have a hard nosed player like McBride back at the top.

I hate floppers
gerrard15 #106270 06/06/08 01:11 PM
Brace
Brace
Quote:

I do not like Michael Bradley on the field, he does not have a lot of self control. I realize some players cannot play due to the MLS but it was aggravating to see no attacking output from the US.

Interesting take on Bradley. Check this out:

Michael Bradley has said that he wants to move to England. The SC Heerenveen and United States midfield player, 20, has attracted interest from Newcastle United and Everton. Middlesbrough claim to have made a £3.2 million bid.

Bradley Eyes EPL

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
The Hammer #106271 06/06/08 04:37 PM
goal kick
goal kick
Well this comes to show why I am the one sitting at home watching the games and not playing on the field. Everyone I have talked to does not agree with me about Bradley, but for some reason I do not like his playing style. But then again he is about to make 3.2 million euros, more money than I will ever see in a lifetime.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
gerrard15 #106272 06/06/08 05:34 PM
goal
goal
Adu played well. Very quick. Johnson played like garbage but I like Johnson and Adu rather than Johnson and Wolff. I would like to see Jozy in there at some point though.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Can anyone explain to me why we seem to developing a habit of playing "less-motivated" in the second halves of matches? Its becoming a sickening pattern.

Link Copied to Clipboard