Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
goal
goal
S
Hatem..."kind of edgy ain't we"! In your opinion who is the one additional Blythewood player you think should be included?

Blythewood's numbers weren't exactly stellar against these same teams either: BC(0-6), Dreher(0-3, 2-1) and you didn't even play Chapin. If you look at common opponents between the two teams Blythewood gets the edge offensively but Flora gets the edge defensively: 14 common opponent games Blythewood(60 goals scored 33 goals given up) AC Flora (49 goals scored 25 goals given up). Oh, and Blythewood gave up two of those goals to Eau Claire.

It must be a vast right-wing conspiracy against Blythewood!

throw in
throw in
soccer16 you make a good point but lets look at the finishing record for both teams and region record. Blythewoods finishing record was 17-6-1, A.C. Flora's was 9-11.Region record for Blythewood was 11-1 only loss to a #8 ranked Dreher team, A.C. Flora's region record was 8-4. If you have forgotten Blythewood is a 3 year progam some of the players had not played together in a game against a top opponent like BC.( not taking anything away from the win for BC)And you trying to take away the 2 goals that Eau Claire scored against us, that team may not have the skills as alot of other teams but i can guarentee you they have more heart than most of them. You are also forgetting a very big win over Daniel second round of play-offs who was at the time #10 and had recently upset a talented Greenville team who was #1 at the time.What did A.C. Flora do in playoffs? oh yea they lost to Wade Hampton 1-0... im not argueing with the choice of having only 1 Blythewood player on the team its the coach's choice.

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
S
goal
goal
S
Bengal #11 - I did not mean to degrade Blythewood with my comments but to defend AC Flora against the comments of others.

AC Flora lost 4 of it's starters in the first 2 weeks of the season. 2 of those players were lost for the season and the other two only returned the last game of the regular season. The comments about forgetting that Blythewood is just a 3 year program really doesn't hold water. This would only give other schools a 1 year advantage as High School is only 4 years. Then take into account the enrollment of the schools. I would think that Blythewood had many more students tryout for varsity soccer than did AC Flora. AC Flora's coach has only been there 2 years. I agree with your comments about Eau Clair, however, they only scored 4 goals all season.

I know that at least two of Blythewoods players play Region III Premier League and many more play club ball. So where is the inexperience. This same inexperience arguement/not playing together can easily be used in support of AC Flora. The 4 losses in region were to Dreher and Blythewood. Yep, Blythewood came in 2nd and AC Flora 3rd. But the last Blythewood game was determined on penalty kicks.

Blythewood should be commended for a fine season. Obviously, their are some of your supporters who disagree with the selection of this team. I am interested to hear what their suggestions are for improving the selection process?

BTW-I hope you enjoy your new class and region! Hopefully, Blythewood and AC Flora will be able to play several more intense contests in the future.

World Cup
World Cup
Link to The State/Neighbor's All-Area Boys Team 2008.

throw in
throw in
No offense taken i agree with you completely, i do disagree with the whole part about Blythewood having more kids come out. We only had just enough players to make a JV and V team no one was told they couldnt play soccer for Blythewood besides the seniors who couldnt play JV and were not good enough for Varsity.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Who were the starters Soccer16?

Flora's two players chosen were deserving. Both excel at what they do.

C
bench
bench
C
I'm not sure who you take off, but if you had seen Aaron Mayes for Blythewood play throughout the year you would have to vote him on the team. IMO, if Aaron's not on the team, Blythewood probably doesn't tie the region and make the playoffs.

Not slighting Eau Claire, they played Blythewood with as much heart as any team all year, but if you had been there you would have seen why the two goals were scored.

throw in
throw in
Agreed Aaron is a very taltented player definatly one of the best on our team. if we didnt have him this year i would predict maybe a 10 win season not making it past the first round of play-offs and us giving up more than 60+ goals all year.

The two goals were scored when our coach took out a player because we were just botting it over the Eau Claire defense he wanted to make us have to pass around them to score so that we actually got something out of it. The funny thing is the 2 goals Eau Claire scored on us were scored on Mr. Jim Wolf the only player on our team to make all area.

cockn'fyr you must attend Blythewood high no?

throw in
throw in
I just want to show my appretiation to those of you who did take the inititive to make this list of young men who had a great season.

C
bench
bench
C
No, just a fan.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard