Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#106841 06/21/08 11:39 PM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Great map showing the location of the MLS and USL teams in the United States.

MLS/USL USA Map

world cup
world cup
What jumps out at me right away is:

1. No team in St. Louis
2. No team in Philadelphia
3. Only one team in the state of Florida (Tampa?, Orlando?)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Philadelphia has a MLS team on the way however in 2010.

Philly Pro Soccer Foundation

MLS Philly 2010 Official Website

Sons of Ben

As for St. Louis, they are organized and want a team desperately.

St. Louis Soccer United

Florida will have another USL First Division team in addition to Miami FC, as the Tampa Bay Rowdies will make a comeback in 2010.

Rowdies bringing pro soccer back to Tampa

I like the fact that Tampa Bay is coming back into the mix. That gives the USL First Division a very good Southern group with the Atlanta Silverbacks (GA), Carolina Railhawks (NC), Charleston Battery (SC), Miami FC (FL), and the Tampa Bay Rowdies (FL). Geographically, you can throw in the Puerto Rico Islanders as well!

goal kick
goal kick
its crazy that they overlook the possibility of maybe establishing a MLS team in the Palmetto State. that would be great.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
L
throw in
throw in
L
This is actually a good chance of founding a MLS team in Atlanta...check out the link.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/mlsatlantaspt.html?cxntlid=inform_artr

We all dream of a team of Carraghers...
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
i know this is more on the men's pro side of soccer but i think charleston or columbia should get a w-league team. with all the women's collegiate teams in south carolina it would benefit these women; they go to other cities to play; they could tie it with charleston battery as many other minor league teams have done; and the southeast region has a good core of women's team-this is the pro's of women's soccer right now until the new league starts

goal
goal
Add to this the womens league starting in 2009 and we will start to get some soccer saturation that may lead to more growth.
http://www.womensprosoccer.com/

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
M
kick off
kick off
M
I think Blank will bite off too much if he tries for an Atlanta team. Atlanta fans are notoriously fairweather. Only a couple years ago we had the Beat (W-League) who played games one year at GT, and then later at Morehouse. At the same time, the Silverbacks were playing at Georgia Perimeter.
Now the Silverbacks have a new stadium--right at Spaghetti Junction, but you can't quite see the pitch from the road. It may be too soon to try to add another stadium and team.

"It's more than just a race, it's a style" -Pre
goal
goal
Atlanta has the best shoot I think for an MLS team in the south.

I hate floppers
Brace
Brace
TORONTO -- Major League Soccer Board of Governors approved expanding by two teams by 2011, MLS Commissioner Don Garber announced following Thursday's Board of Governors meeting in Toronto.

At the meeting, Commissioner Garber provided updates on prospective expansion markets throughout the U.S. and Canada. Markets reviewed during today's meeting included (in alphabetical order) Atlanta, Las Vegas, Montreal, a second team in the New York area, Ottawa, Portland, St. Louis and Vancouver.

In conjunction with prospective Canadian expansion, MLS officials will work with Toronto FC owners Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, as well as potential expansion candidates, to develop national commercial revenue streams to support expansion into Canada.

MLS officials will issue specific details on the expansion application process within the next seven days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard