Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
I may be mistaken regarding North Augusta ... perhaps soomeone else could shed some light?

I believe LBSC is in NC - just north of Myrtle Beach! I suspect new affiliates are not yet listed on the SCYSA website?

Georgetown is listed on the SCYSA website as an affiliate.

T
throw in
throw in
T
New club in Myrtle Beach, mostly girls from the southern area of the Grand Strand.

They have a U15 girls team (mainly girls cut from Coast FA over the years) and a U13 girls team that played U12 for Coast FA last year, but switched to Long Bay this year.

There are two boys teams, U11 and U10.

Soccer in the Myrtle Beach area is still dysfunctional. Maybe this will end up being a club that can do things right.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Thanks for correcting me SoccerMom.

With my track record it looks like I need to stay out of the club name guessing game!!

H
bench
bench
H
SoccerMom,

Who is running the club that can correct the "dysfunction"?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Well, my guess is that you are from the Myrtle Beach area, so you probably know.

I have no wish to debate on here. There are lots of problems with soccer in Horry and Georgetown counties. It is very unfortunate, because the ones that suffer are the children.

Who knows, it may all blow up and be as big a mess as other clubs....only time will tell.

I do know what has not worked for all those years, so a change to something is better than being stuck in the situation that has gone on and on and on for years. Pretty soon it will be a second generation of kids in Myrtle Beach who ultimatly pay the price for the problems of egotistical adults.

H
bench
bench
H
Honsetly I'm not all that familar with soccer in MB. I do know that MB would be great place for a club to succeed and there was someone who could correct that problems that you are talking about then it would add one more good area for SC to draw players from.

I know that there was some kind of merging of clubs a year or 2 ago but... I guess you are saying this new club (LBSC)can correct problems that the merger could not?

and if all that is so then what is LBSC going to do that the others in the past could not?

T
throw in
throw in
T
It's not so much correcting problems, as it is running a club that works for the kids, not the other way around.

MB is not like Columbia, Greenville, or Charleston. We don't have lots of kids coming to tryouts. We are not elite here, not like the other three metropolitan areas in the state (well...four if you include Charlotte).

Hopefully the focus of the new club will be on ALL the kids, not just the top 2-5 per team. The level of play between the best and worst on CESA, CU, Bridge, etc, is not that big....it is in MB.

So, it's not a matter of "correcting problems"....it's a matter of doing things differently, with the result being kids who feel a part of the team, kids of ALL level of skill being trained with as much interest as the upper skilled kids, and parents who aren't treated like they should feel lucky to hand over hundreds of dollars in coaching fees only to see their children made to feel inadequate.

Hopefully the new club will do things differently. It will be the only way to succeed.

No, the merger did not work. It really was not a merger, one of the clubs backed out and pretty much turned things over to the other club. Just has not worked out for alot of people.

The older teams that were already in existence have done okay, but the turmoil in the younger ages is growing with each passing season.

J
throw in
throw in
J
That's an interesting take on it.

U
goal kick
goal kick
U
Another take on which clubs are fielding the most challenge & premier teams (U13 and up)

Challenge & Premier Teams by Club

Totals Percentage

1 CESA 25 21%
2 CUFC 18 15%
3 LCSC 9 8%
4 MPSC 9 8%
5 SC BULLS 8 7%
6 BRIDGE 8 7%
7 CFC 7 6%
8 Coast FA 6 5%
9 DISA 5 4%
10 DSC 5 4%
11 CSSC 3 3%
12 SSC 3 3%
13 CASA 2 2%
14 CESA-Col 2 2%
15 FSCG 2 2%
16 CUSC 1 1%
17 HHBSC 1 1%
18 JIYSC 1 1%
19 LLSC 1 1%
20 SAA 1 1%
21 USA 1 1%

Total 118 100%

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Interesting post on the Georgia Soccer Forum:

We want to be called the GA-SC Bulls yet we are recruiting players in South Carolina so we can have the right number (50% + 1) to play in the SCYSA league. Why you ask? Because our new coaches don't think we can compete in Georgia. So it plays out like normal - we'll get our hopes up by losing only to CESA, Bridge, and Columbia United, but by beating teams from Mt. Pleasant, Lexington, and Greenwood. Then we'll go to a tournament and get shellshocked by real competition. Why not play quality teams every week in Georgia and quit trying to get our club on the map by beating puny teams in South Carolina?

The new club is willing to waste several age groups players' careers by forcing them to play only to gain recognition for the good of the club. Hey moms and dads, better pay attention because your rising stars will get little payback in SC. I love the people and state but it will never gain the respect that Georgia youth soccer has - ever. I want my GYSA back..........

http://www.network54.com/Forum/171923/thread/1217287992/SC+Bulls

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard