Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

I don't know about the first match, but the 2nd match ended with a 2-2 tie. PK awarded to Japanese with about 3 minutes to play, after a defensive mistake. I got a recap from a very dejected center back who feels pretty bad for his team. Ball was played to the back, under pressure, played the ball without enough pace back to the keeper, forcing the keeper to come out, Japanese player slipped him, but was then fouled. Tie game. Only good thing, it was a tie, but he's still pretty dissapointed.

That's why they call it a game!! If he was involved in the mistake, I hope he has forgotten all about last night's game and had a great day today. If I had a dime for every mistake Eric has made while playing - then I'd have made a profit from the expenses of playing club soccer. In a state playoff game Eric headed it back to the keeper because of pressure from the strikers - well the keeper wasn't expecting it and Eric scored a beautiful goal for the other team (in fact this was the first time this team had ever scored on us and it was Eric's goal). He was very thankful when our strikers scored two before the final whistle!! Eric lives by Teddy Roosevelt's poem: Man in the Arena: "It is not the critic who counts....The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Eric didn't seem to be upset by the final score last night. Said the Japanese guys were little, fast and never stopped running. He said every time he turned around another Japanese player had whizzed by him. He thought they all were being run by the Engergizer bunny.

According to Eric - his fellow centerback from SC is playing Great. Eric said it feels natural for the two of them to be in the back together when they get a chance to play on the same team. He has spoken very highly of his fellow centerback. He looks forward to playing with him again in a week or so!

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Any reports of holdovers for the SC 94 or 93 girls?

world cup
world cup
I don't believe any of the 93 or 94 girls got held over.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
E
bench
bench
E
More good news for the 91 SC/NC boys. They finished first in their bracket, after beating TN 1-0 this morning. As a reward, their final match tomorrow morning will be against Mississippi in the stadium. It's a beautiful facility and a a great way for the boys to end camp.

For tonight, Alex Martinez, Dennis Moore, Thomas Valikonis, Joe Sweet, Jason Chapman and Ryan Goodwin have all been selected for the final pool match.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Region III 92 Pool Players:

Ricky Garbonzo - F - (CESA 92 Premier / Northwestern)
Emmett Lunceford - MF/F - (CESA 92 Premier / IRMO)
David Walas - D - (CESA 92 Premier / Fort Mill)
Mathew Palma - D - (Alpharetta Ambush 92 / Greenville)
Joey DeMare - F/MF - (CESA 91 Premier / Chapin)
Benjamin Limbaugh - GK - (CUFC 91 Elite / Spring Valley)
Oliver Nobles -D- (CUFC 92 Elite / IRMO)

As holdovers, one or more of these players are now eligible to be selected for any Region III team event during the next year. Congratulations again to each of these boys and their teammates for creating a winning environment in which so many members of the team were able to be identified.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I don't believe any of the 93 or 94 girls got held over.

that really does not make sense.if they showed that well then they should have someone.

H
brace
brace
H
i havnt seen the whole list but as far as the 92s are concerned there was 1 sc, 1 miss(not 4)and 11 fla girls.that is a lot of fla girls from a pool of 30.i think there was 4 nc girls held over but i am not sure.3 goalies and 27 field players was the total holdovers.i hear it is even more in the 94 group.15 fla girls!!!!

N
bench
bench
N
I just got home from Alabama as a parent following the '93 girls. No girls from the SC girls '93 or '94 team were picked for the final region team. The 93 girls played well, going 1-1-1. All three teams they played had at least one player on the region team. MS had two starters on the region team play against us. From what I saw of the '94 team, they're good, really good and should have had at least 2 girls picked for the region team. The '94 goalie is great and should have been picked. I'm very disappointed in the coach of the '93 team and will post more on my observations after I get some sleep.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
The SC '94 girls got hosed. They went 2-0-1 and didn't have one holdover. Florida had 15 of 43. SC had no SCYSA ODP representative there to my knowledge to make sure this kind of thing didn't happen. Apparently the Florida rep. and coaches did a good job, almost demanding their kids be held over. When the kids put in this kind of effort and the parents put in this kind of money the state association should be there to help them. This team had a starting keeper from Bridge that didn't allow a goal and a starting forward from Columbia United that scored 3 of the teams 6 goals. Both achieved this against some of the best players their age in the southeast and neither were held over. I hope SCYSA goes the extra mile for all of the girls on this team and fights as hard as they can to get this team a wild card slot at nationals.

H
brace
brace
H
its obvious odp in south carolina is getting better at the younger ages.it shows with results in games at regionals.with the region staff not picking any sc players from the 93/94 ages i hope it does not hurt in the long run by these players not coming back.
if what has been posted is true then the two age groups combined were 3-1-2.they may not have played all top level teams but wins are wins.
i always thought over the years that if the team performs well then you get more holdovers.i guess i was wrong.

Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 07/17/08 01:49 PM.
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard