Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 25 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 24 25
P
kick off
kick off
P
After watching SC 94 play this past weekend, I do believe there is good potential. India Robinson and Hannah Chevrier stood out in my opinion. The defense did rather well. ODP looks at excelling in position. If there are 17 teams with at least one or two in each position, it is clear that they will be choosing the ones who perform at the higher level. When a team sees that they are playing SC, we are almost overlooked. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

world cup
world cup
There were 17 teams of 94 Girls in Alabama. At an average of 15 girls per team, that is over 250 girls being observed. South Carolina took 18 girls. How many girls total were heldover for the regional pool?

Our girls played very well but we never faced the best teams in the region. We beat a weak Arkansas team, 3-0. We beat the Florida "C" team, 2-1. We played a good South Texas team to a 1-1 draw.

We never saw Florida 1, Florida 2, North Carolina 1, North Carolina 2, Georgia 1, Georgia 2, North Texas and Tennessee.

If the Region III coaches decided to take just the two top players off of these eight teams.......that's 16 players. All of the above mentioned teams probably have two players on their roster that are more "attractive" than any of our 94 girls.

The 94 girls did have a great camp and it was a great experience for all of the girls. The girls that have already been mentioned by name on this thread played very well and India Robinson should be honored that she was chosen to play in a pool game and received regional consideration. One other girl who deserves to be mentioned is Sarah Tuggle. She was very good at outside back.

I watched Florida 1 versus North Carolina 1 and the game was played at a very high level. After our performance this week I think we earned the right to be matched up against one of these teams next year. Hopefully all of our girls will continue to improve, hopefully some of the better players who didn't try out this year will do so next year, and hopefully we will be back with a little vengeance in 2009.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
i think the 94s kept 48 as holdovers.im not sure of the position breakdown.i know last year for the 92s there were a little over 40 heldover and 10 were mid fielders and 4 goalies. this year there were 30 held over but agian im not sure of the position break down.seemed like this year the defenders had more.atleast that is the position that rotated more.

world cup
world cup
I didn't realize they heldover that many. I thought they only kept about half that amount.

If they invited 40 girls to stay, we probably deserved at least one or two spots.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
i have seen where 48 was held over and someone said 43.not sure which one is correct but i bet it was over 40.

E
bench
bench
E
The 91 boys finished out camp on a high note. The beat MS 3-0, and played as a true SC team. The NC boys joined the pool team to play one match as a full team. Alex Martinez had a hat trick...and all of the boys put in a tremendous effort playing with only 2 subs.

Also, 7 players were named to the final pool. Alex Martinez, Dennis Moore, Joe Sweet, Thomas Valikonis, Jason Chapman, Ryan Goodwin and Stephen Arneson. Congrats to those boys and to the entire 91 team. It was a great week and a perfect way to end their Region Camp experience!!

Best of luck to all the boys as they finish out their high school and club careers and start planning for college.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
I counted 42 typed on the list and 1 hand written. 5 or 6 from Georgia, 4 or 5 from North Carolina, 15 from Florida, and 0 from South Carolina. I spoke with a region 3 evaluator that told me Florida did not seperate their 3 teams based on team strength. I'm not sure if that was accurate. I also saw that the South Texas team that the SC team tied and should have beaten got at least 1 pool player. I have no idea how the process works, it sure seams that SC was not treated fairly.

TS #107176 07/17/08 05:18 PM
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Any news regarding the 95 boys and girls?

world cup
world cup
TS,

The Florida teams may not have been divided by strength (perhaps geography?) but I can tell you Florida team that NC1 played was much stronger than the Florida team that SC played.

For players #30 - #42, you probably could have taken players #30 - #80, shook them in a bag, and pulled out 12 of them. There is little difference at that point. SC should have had a couple in the mix.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

its obvious odp in south carolina is getting better at the younger ages.it shows with results in games at regionals.with the region staff not picking any sc players from the 93/94 ages i hope it does not hurt in the long run by these players not coming back.
if what has been posted is true then the two age groups combined were 3-1-2.they may not have played all top level teams but wins are wins.
i always thought over the years that if the team performs well then you get more holdovers.i guess i was wrong.

The '92 Boys team, which produced 12 pool players, 7 holdovers and qualified for Nationals this year, have only had one holdover in the past and that was two years ago. I make this statement simply as a point of reference to those who may be a little discouraged. This is understandable, but should not overshadow the developmental benefit every player has received as a result of being in the program.

The developmental benefits will pay off for every player who is committed to continued improvement on and off the field. Stay focused and stay involved. In my opinion, it's well worth the effort.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Page 11 of 25 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard