Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
C
bench
bench
C
In case you don't know:
Signing Date For Prospective Student-Athletes Enrolling in the 2009-2010 Academic Year

Sport, Initial Signing Date, Final Signing Date
Soccer,(Regular Period) February 4, 2009, August 1, 2009

For more Information on NLI:
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/nli

For more information on Eligibility & Clearinghouse:
https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycenter/common/

Coaches talking to you can take you through the process too.
I know it's your last semester of high school, don't goof off, make the best of it, GRADES + FUN = SUCCESS IN LIFE at this point. OH yeh, APPLY, APPLY, APPLY for scholarships above soccer.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by cur le d'fhocal; 01/29/09 06:40 PM.
B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

No question that this is a quality graduating class across the state.

What would the class from 2007 or 2008 say? What about 2010 or 2011?

Some of you don't like data and statistics, so I guess it doesn't matter to you what past graduating classes have shown. And I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes.

The 2007 and 2008 class would probably argue against that statement, but I don't recall near the number of Region III team and pool players from either of those previous classes, so this would just be bantering and chest thumping in nature.

The 2010 and 2011 classes aren't graduating yet. They will have an arguement in the future. I think right now it could be said and supported that the 2009 and 2010 class are definitely the tops of the SC chain. Many region pool and team players, both the 91 and 92 state teams competed in the ODP national championships. Many players are critical players for their HS teams. But again, limiting it to the classes that have or are graduating, the arguments are pretty weak if arguing against the 2009 class, right now.

F
kick off
kick off
F
From The Discoveries Website:

News

Players Committ to Colleges

Date Posted: 1/30/2009

The DSC 90 Green boys have worked hard and we congratulate all the boys for their accomplishments. The team won the SCYSA State Cup in December and will play this spring for their respective high schools. This June they will represent SC the Region 3 Championship in Texas. The boys listed below have made committments. We will update the list as more committ.

Robbie Benson, Tyler Vukoder, Frannie Twohig, Ralphie Lundy, Shawn Ferguson, Geordie Khoury - College of Charleston

Taylor Grim - Wofford

Craig Lowe - King College,TN

Zack Clark - Liberty,NC

Enzo Martinez - UNC-Chapel Hill

Best of Luck to all!

H
goal
goal
H
That is an impressive list. Congratulations to all. I can think of only one team that might end up with more D1 commitments, but it's a tad too soon to be sure.

C
bench
bench
C
Wow! The 2009 Class is impressive!

2009 D1 Commitments
LAST,FIRST,COMMITMENT,RPI,LEAGUE,POSITION,TEAM
martinez,enzo,unc chapel hill,5,acc,f,dsc
belair,bobby,brown university,39,ivy,m/d,bridgefa
shumberger,brendan,iona college,57,maac,gk,bridgefa
martinez,eric,university of south carolina,93,usa,d,north meck
goodwin,ryan,university of south carolina,93,usa,m,cesa
mukofsky,leo,coastal carolina university,101,big south,m,cufc
varney,taylor,coastal carolina university,101,big south,f,cesa
bugg,bradley,coastal carolina university,101,big south,gk,cesa
vukoder,tyler,college of charleston,103,southern,d/m,dsc
winstead,tom,college of charleston,103,southern,f,cesa
benson,robbie,college of charleston,103,southern,m/d,dsc
lundy,ralphie,college of charleston,103,southern,m,dsc
ferguson,shawn,college of charleston,103,southern,m/d,dsc
khoury,geordie,college of charleston,103,southern,f/m,dsc
clark,zack,liberty,104,big south,m,dsc
savage,austin,clemson university,122,acc,f,bridgefa
reed,malcolm,university of central florida,125,usa,d,bridgefa
valikonis,thomas,georgia southern university,130,southern,d,cesa
watson,justin,university of memphis,162,usa,f,bridgefa
grim,taylor,woffard,184,southern,d,dsc
quinatoa,byron,presbyterian college,196,big south,m,cesa
rushton,manning,presbyterian college,196,big south,d,cesa

Lot's of great players from SC that will have a chance to continue playing together in college
1 Ivy
2 ACC
1 MAAC
4 CUSA
8 Southern
6 Big South

Could've made one impressive team!
5 forwards
5 midfielders
1 for/mid
4 mid/def
5 defenders
2 goalkeepers
Now, suppose that ODP was run by a board of Nick Finotti, Clark Brisson, and Dom Wren (maybe a few others), would it be better than College coaches who know very little of these players? PAUSE!

Just another thought, but has SCYSA ever thought about sponsoring a dinner for those players who will be moving on to DI,II,III to continue playing? Would be a great opportunity for them to share the moment after many, many years of hard work together/competitive.

{consider that the average team's freshman class is about 7 players, South Carolina is ranked 24th by population and thus should provide about 2% of the class (the average), this class has announced about 1.6% based upon this website, therefore SC should have about 6 more D1 commitments?}

Last edited by cur le d'fhocal; 01/30/09 07:27 PM.
goal
goal
ok, loc dog, you seem to be insistent on the numbers, so… using the last list(s) posted above:

cesa had 24 players commit to play in college
20 of the 24 are in-state schools
3 are in states bordering south carolina
1 is elsewhere

7 of those 24 are d1 colleges
6 of the 7 are in-state, the other is in georgia

note: 2 of the players on the d1 list are also listed on the lexington county soccer club website!

bridge fa had 5 players commit to play in college
of those 5:
all 5 are d1 colleges
4 of the 5 are out of state
1 of those is an ivy-league school

loc, above, you said "I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes."

for your benefit, based on the above data, i will make some predictions:

if you want to be seen by local colleges and play locally, go to cesa
if you want to be seen around the country and play outside the state at a d1 college, go to bridge fa
if you choose to believe what club leadership and bulletin board posters tell you, instead of looking at the real stats, go to cesa
if you want a club that appears to be doing lots more to "promote the player" than anybody else, but doesn't really have the stats to back it up, go to cesa.

sweet feet said "I will stand by my original statement/opinion that CESA gives your child the best chance/exposure etc. to play at the next level, that is not to dismiss any other club in the state. It starts at the top and nobody has a better one two punch than CESA."

sweet, i see the numbers, but i just don't see that "one two punch" you're talking about

bear: you said "Whether you feel it's enough or not, CESA does do more to assist those that desire to play in college than any other club in the state."

bear, again, i'm looking at the numbers. i'll even play along and take your word that cesa does more . . . so what? i don't see that all that work they're doing is paying off.

you say you went to cesa for your own reasons (which i respect) but you go on and on about all that cesa does. this would be a good time to back that up with some hard evidence - what in the way of a college commitment has all of cesa's hard work done for you - specifically.

but, all the "statistics" aside, loc dog and sweet feet, i will go back to what i've been saying all along - you need to do what is best for your own child - just don't get on here and preach that one-size-fits-all - cause it don't.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

ok, loc dog, you seem to be insistent on the numbers, so… using the last list(s) posted above:

cesa had 24 players commit to play in college
20 of the 24 are in-state schools
3 are in states bordering south carolina
1 is elsewhere

7 of those 24 are d1 colleges
6 of the 7 are in-state, the other is in georgia

note: 2 of the players on the d1 list are also listed on the lexington county soccer club website!

bridge fa had 5 players commit to play in college
of those 5:
all 5 are d1 colleges
4 of the 5 are out of state
1 of those is an ivy-league school

loc, above, you said "I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes."

for your benefit, based on the above data, i will make some predictions:

if you want to be seen by local colleges and play locally, go to cesa
if you want to be seen around the country and play outside the state at a d1 college, go to bridge fa
if you choose to believe what club leadership and bulletin board posters tell you, instead of looking at the real stats, go to cesa
if you want a club that appears to be doing lots more to "promote the player" than anybody else, but doesn't really have the stats to back it up, go to cesa.

sweet feet said "I will stand by my original statement/opinion that CESA gives your child the best chance/exposure etc. to play at the next level, that is not to dismiss any other club in the state. It starts at the top and nobody has a better one two punch than CESA."

sweet, i see the numbers, but i just don't see that "one two punch" you're talking about

bear: you said "Whether you feel it's enough or not, CESA does do more to assist those that desire to play in college than any other club in the state."

bear, again, i'm looking at the numbers. i'll even play along and take your word that cesa does more . . . so what? i don't see that all that work they're doing is paying off.

you say you went to cesa for your own reasons (which i respect) but you go on and on about all that cesa does. this would be a good time to back that up with some hard evidence - what in the way of a college commitment has all of cesa's hard work done for you - specifically.

but, all the "statistics" aside, loc dog and sweet feet, i will go back to what i've been saying all along - you need to do what is best for your own child - just don't get on here and preach that one-size-fits-all - cause it don't.

you did a fine job. i wonder how many of those players chose in-state schools to get more money for school.now give us the stats for cesa and bridge girls for 2009.

then you can start on the 2010's

i had to go back and look but you talk about all the bridge players going out of state. from the way you stated your facts i thought they were going all over the country.seems they are still in the south.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/30/09 07:35 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
bridge had 5 players commite to schools out of how many on the team? 16 maybe? i assume bridge just has the one team.

cesa had 24 commite out of how many? i would assume cesa has 2 teams at that age so i would say out of about 32?

i guess that "wanting to be seen around the county and play outside the state at a dI school go to bridge" has come up short if you only have 5 committed. what about the rest of the bridge team?

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/30/09 07:42 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
there is still plenty of time left for the other players to commit if they even want to play soccer in college.

corner kick
corner kick
All,

The problem I see with all the back and forth comments is the data "you people" are using is from a 3rd party. I am sure the creators of the 3rd party data are always placing their club in the best light, thus it could be leaning toward being biased. To report the facts someone should contact each member of all the teams for these clubs and ask the questions listed.

Did you want to play college soccer?
How many coaches contacted you about playing soccer for them?
How did these coaches find you? (tournaments, ODP, Club games, soccer camps, other teammates, High School)
How did you decide on your college choice? (college reputation, degree program, soccer coach, soccer playing time)
Are you interested in playing soccer on the pro level?

This type of data would answer questions above and beyond what you should need to decide how to spend your time and money.

Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard