Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Congratulations to Bobby Belair and Justin Watson of Socastee. Bobby will be attending Ivy League, Brown University and play soccer. Proud of you Bobby! Justin has been invited to California next month and train with the u18 National team with hopes of traveling to Australia in January. Memphis, St. John, Clemson, USC and College of Charleston have shown interest with Memphis offering. Proud of you Justin!

Goal
Goal
It was my understanding that Bobby was headed to Carolina???!?

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Congratulations to Bobby Belair. Brown has a great soccer tradition (NCAA playoffs 4 of the last 5 years) and more importantly he will getting an outstanding education.

Brace
Brace
Good article from the Sun News a couple of weeks ago about the duo.

Socastee Pair Attract Collegiate Attention

S
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Watson will verbal to Memphis, also was chosen for U18 National team that will travel to Australia next friday. If he stays focused I believe he'll get a shot at playing at just about any level. Much respect Watty!

goal
goal
I am continually fascinated by how players are chosen for the National teams... (btw, this post is not meant to be negative in anyway, or in any way questioning Justin's skill or anything remotely close to that - personally, I am excited for him, and wish only the best for him - I am merely using this as a segue)

I had originally heard that Justin Watson would get an opportunity to play with the U18 Men's National Team when his Bridge FA U18 team went to the US Soccer Development Academy Winter Showcase in California in early December. But when they arrived in California, I heard they told him to just play with his BFA team at the Showcase (socitome, I'm sure I got some or all of that wrong, but you know how it is when you hear things through the grapevine)

After that, I kinda forgot about the whole thing, but yesterday, I heard (as stated above also) that he had been one of 18 players (out of 72) chosen to travel with the U18 MNT to Australia. So, I wonder if he was actually seen by MNT coaches while playing with his Bridge team at the showcase.

However the decision was made, this is an awesome opportunity for him – hope he does well!

S
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
I agree with your fascination statement. Same could be said for ODP. It's funny, a very prominent college coach said several years ago that Watson and even Belair were not good enough to play ODP(what a joke that was, as they have proven by their accomplishments.) As far as MNT, the coaches were watching for sure. The young man has so much potential. He just needs to have some better coaching and training, which he will be getting with MNT and Memphis and then himself buying into what is laid out before him. He is an exciting player to watch when is playing at a high level.

M
brace
brace
M
Great job by SC HS and Club soccer programs to produce such talent. Best of luck to both of these young men as they move into the world!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.

Link Copied to Clipboard