Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
Here's a twist..What's wrong with recruiting? If the clubs are doing what they say they are doing then why would anybody want to leave their home club to go elsewhere? The reality is that in some age groups the state Champions are so much stronger than the rest of the field that clubs are left with little choice but to find players to compete against these strong teams..With the exception of a few..most dominate teams are not homegrown..Players choose to move..they are not forced too

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Futbol, what is it that cesa folks don't see?

Happy Daddy, what does it take to develop players?

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
Loc Dog, I am going to take a stab at this and you tell me what you think..I don't think it is something that the folks don't see as much as it is a mentality change. Four or five years is when the mergers and players moving around really started to take shape..For some clubs to see two boys or girls come to play in the lowcountry from the Hilton Head area meant some local players might lose their spots on a team..The coaches were excited to get this talent but team wise the reception of two players out of the area was less welcoming..I think that CESA has handled this perception better than other clubs and players and parents expect to see new players that are from outside of the area and are more comfortable with this other than the one or two that might lose positions on a particular team. Because they see the end result..Championships!!

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
And to add to this is when the player movement began..I would think most Greenville kids stayed there and new players came in..but in the case of let's say MPSC or SSC..Most of these players moved causing the clubs to have less success in certain age groups..

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
I will leave on this note...CESA does things well because you have a couple of individuals making the decisions..If you don't like the decision..you can choose to move on..Other clubs still have to much involvement from parents and I think this hinders their chances for success..DONE!!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
LD I was just explaining to happy that if he feels that CESA does not see recruiting and he does...then he does not see CUFC recruiting and everyone else does

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
CESA was first in line with merging two successful clubs which has evolved into a super club. They were successful in the beginning and that attracted players from all over. CESA got there first and they have been able to reap the benefits, everybody wants to be associated with a winner. It's been said here before, the best recruiting tool is winning.

But then there's some of us who don't want to travel that far, so we stay within our local communities. Might not like losing to CESA all the time, but it's supposed to be about having fun win or lose. At least that's what every club tells you at the parents meetings.

As far as illegal recruiting goes, probably most of what could be termed recruiting, if any, occurs from parents telling opposing players they should come play with their club.

There's also a mindset with players who dread playing CESA, so they enter a game with a defeatist attitude which is hard to overcome when your team goes down a goal. In addition, there are still a lot of young players who are more interested in being with their friends than working to improve their own individual play and leaving it all on the field.

H
goal
goal
H
My problem with the ODP recruiting thing was with both SCYSA and CESA. Having ODP teams compete in a CESA event, in the middle of "recruiting season," was a bad idea. I know that several of the ODP coaches were furious about what was going on. (What was going on was recruiting, not just having the event at CESA). As I have said, it wasn't a violation of the rules (as I read them), but I think it violated the spirit of the rules.

Your Bridge coach scenario is too vague to respond to. As a general proposition, I think ODP should be off limits to recruiting conduct, regardless of what time of year it may be.

Finally, if a CUFC coach did what you describe, I disapprove of it as strongly as I do any of the conduct at CESA that I've talked about.

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
Maybe CUFC should offer to host an ODP event and show us how it's done right.It makes sense..Tryouts are in the Columbia area and most teams train there..

A
bench
bench
A
There are clubs that do not "welcome" talent from the outside. The team/teams will take the new players and use them as subs. There is no quality playing time for the new players as they are new. The majority of the team has played together for a while-being the local ones,and there is no new kid going to take another ones spot. Parents of the local area would not let that happen as well as the coaches from the area. The new talent is there for injury/sub purposes only and only make the roster for that reason.

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard