Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
bench
bench
R
I'm a parent of a 2009 boy. First let me say CESA did an outstanding job. Coaching turnout on the boys side was lower than advertised but sill a lot of coaches there. About half the coaches (D2 schools) came by the early match between the two 2009 teams. The late match 2009vs2010 had a few of the D2 coaches and most of the D1 coaches for a portion of the match. I would guess the D1's were looking at the 2010. have already received some positive feedback from a couple of coaches, but this was not his first look either. I would imagine of you are a 2009 and this was your first discussions/looks by any coach you are behind the power curve.

world cup
world cup
I thought the combine was very well organized. Only gripe is that I wish it would have started earlier because my youngest daughter had a 6 PM match and then speed & agility testing after that. We didn't get home until 9:45. I realize there were a lot of girls out there and CESA was doing the best they could to accomodate players and coaches, but a noon or 1 PM start time for the field players would have been better.

Just a side note, as a big supporter of high school girls soccer, I would have loved to have had a roster of each team out there, indicating the high school and year of graduation for each player.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I will say that the girls we had go up there enjoyed it a lot- it was the first time for us. Their only gripe so far that I have heard was that instead of chic-fil-a they got Arby's roast beef sandwiches. Several of them are wearing their "CESA/Adidas Combine" jackets to school today.

I agree with Hurst too! I know it would have been an added expense for them, but it would have been neat to see where all those kids were coming from- I would have loved to have seen the “coaches packet” they got.

The only other thing I can think of is that it would have been nice if there was a chance for the high school and club coaches who also went up there to “meet and greet” or at least introduce themselves to the college coaches. I think that might have facilitated an easier exchange of information to/from the college coaches if they were looking for some additional information on a player or two and it might have given the opportunity for greater feedback to the players too as to who/what/where might be interested in them.

Great Job!

tk

Tony King
world cup
world cup
Tony,

I saw some Blythewood soccer shirts....on both players and parents. Very cool.

Chic-Fil-A would have been stale on Sunday!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Goal
Goal
L
i heard the "roast beef" was gross, too. chic-fil-a would have been a home run.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
We had a long day too but we had players on our team from as far away as Raleigh, NC. If they had started any earlier it would've been an overnight trip and not so good a deal for some. My child didn't get Chick fil A meal on Saturday. I don't know how true it is but someone said they ran out.

brace
brace
Quote:

I thought the combine was very well organized. Only gripe is that I wish it would have started earlier because my youngest daughter had a 6 PM match and then speed & agility testing after that. We didn't get home until 9:45. I realize there were a lot of girls out there and CESA was doing the best they could to accomodate players and coaches, but a noon or 1 PM start time for the field players would have been better.

Just a side note, as a big supporter of high school girls soccer, I would have loved to have had a roster of each team out there, indicating the high school and year of graduation for each player.

College coaches' list only had the club team and did not include the high school. I thought that was interesting.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
corner kick
corner kick

Quote:

Chic-Fil-A would have been stale on Sunday!

To Hurst's point Chic-Fil-A is closed on Sunday.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Hurst...

Had 11 girls register- 1 fell sick and did not make the trip- but 10 of them went up there and had a ball, they are all a bit sore today. Add in 3 Super Moms, 1 Great Dad, my Super Wife and me and that makes 16.

ROH- I find that very interesting too... but then again... high school soccer and us high school coaches don't really matter anymore anyway- right? On the player registration form they did not have spot to put any HS information- other than their year of graduation.

RE: "Chicken-yea" we were wondering the same thing too about Sunday and Chic-Fil-A, but I can also tell you that my freshmen girls were with the first group to eat and it was ALL Arbys, although one of them did say she got an "egg roll thingy" instead of a roast beef sandwich

Tony King
A
bench
bench
A
does anyone know if they post results etc for the combine...had some kids there and wanted to see how they did.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard