Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
World Cup
World Cup
You use the terms logical, unbiased, and methodical.

Methodical, yes.

I do think your system is biased toward premier play. Some talented freshmen do not wish to play premier with their age group because it interferes with high school play.

It is not logical. A girl maybe highly talented, yet choose to take a year off from club thus receiving less points than a classic/recreation league player. It does not take into effect the possibility of being a former premier or even challenge player. Therefore a player who played on an 0-19 classic team and never played in a varsity match would warrant the same numerical importance of a player who previously played premier and started on varsity, yet took the club season off.

PLEASE, do not take my comments as unappreciative of your efforts. I simply go on record as saying it is very well impossible to make objective and definitive assessments out of subjective compilations such as high school soccer teams.

If your initial description of the evaluation methodology limited it's terms and intentions to a general, evaluation of subjective material that takes out the human element of favoritism - then it would address many of the shortcomings of which it previously claimed to not exist.

As long as it does not claim to show no bias to any parties or be free of all logical mishaps - we're ok. But if it does, then we have a problem for the very nature of what we're evaluating cannot be mathematically and accurately assessed without flaw.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Whoa--Dale actually sounded intelligent in this last post? Who stole Dale's password? Someone is using his account for sure!

brace
brace
Jeff Gordon #24.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
World Cup
World Cup
Once a year I use all the words in my vocabulary. See you guys in 2010...

1977 Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I respect and appreciate your comments, the system is designed so that Table B takes into account the overall performance of the team and coach, this corrects the biases in Table A, which includes minor details such as a freshman who misses part of the soccer year and consequently misses getting a point.

I remind you that this system attempts to forecast the seeding for the next season, a one-time event. It will allow people who know the players in a team to calculate where their team ranks in relationship to its peers.

World Cup
World Cup
Hopefully we can log some of the given results and see how things turn out come May. I like it and, who knows, maybe ESPN will pick it up one day! Let 'em know SC girls soccer was where it all began

brace
brace
It's really an interesting look. I am using it at our Parent's Meeting to demonstrate the different things that parents and kids can do to improve their chances, and to show the cumulative effect on our team's prospects. One the game begins, winning takes over, but this system is very interesting and useful.

I also looked at each class cumulative and it shows me the year that I really need to have some solid JV help coming up.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
V
kick off
kick off
V
Sorry it's taken me a while to do this. Been a little distracted.
Dutch Fork's top 13 with Coach looks to be around the 74 point mark.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard