Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
world cup
world cup
Can we start considering Dennis Moore as a candidate as well?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
What are the dates of this tournment? Hard to lose such good players during the HS season.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
M
brace
brace
M
The '92 Region team players will be out of country from February 24 - March 4.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
throw in
throw in
S
i dont see how playing odp makes you a best player in the state considering i know plenty of players that have not played odp and are complete ballers . odp costs way to much money for some people. So the kids with money get exposed? And in my opinion the academy league is ten times more competitive. Fowards:
Enzo
Taylor Varney
Micheal Valencia

Mids: Zach acree without a doubt
Leo mucufsky
Alex martinez
Backs:
matt sieverding
robbie benson
oliver nobles

M
brace
brace
M
No question there are plenty of D1 level players who do not play odp. As for the academy being 10 times more competitive, I have to take issue with that claim.

Academy teams participated against USYSA teams during the '08 Disney Showcase and the last time I looked the win/loss results were split pretty evenly with a slight edge going to the Academy teams.

This is to be expected given the fact that USYSA pulls the region players from their club teams for region competition during the tournament, leaving USYSA teams to compete without key players.

Tons of talent around the state and country who participate in a variety of programs/leagues all year. Solid coaching combined with natural talent plus highly competitive training and game environments are producing some exceptional SC players.

Every name that has been posted in this thread is that of a player who has put his stamp on the game regardless of where he has or hasn't gained exposure.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

What are the dates of this tournment? Hard to lose such good players during the HS season.

The '91 Region III team goes to Costa Rica March 7 - March 14.

bench
bench
I would consider Robert Beebe the best goalkeeper in the state, better than Ben Limbaugh who he played over on the 1992 odp team for three years before leaving odp to join his club's academy team.

M
brace
brace
M
No question, Robert is Beebe is a fantastic keeper and a great young man. Having said that, Benjamin has made more outstanding saves than not during the state and region matches I've seen over the past couple of years. I'd love to see Beebe and Limbaugh compete for the position again, but those days are gone. Best of luck to both!

H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

I would consider Robert Beebe the best goalkeeper in the state, better than Ben Limbaugh who he played over on the 1992 odp team for three years before leaving odp to join his club's academy team.

Without getting into the question of who is better (I'll let neutrals make that judgment), I have to correct the above. Benjamin and Robert played exactly the same minutes during their years together on ODP. Neither played "over" the other.

W
kick off
kick off
W
Beebe and Limbaugh are both great keepers. I would put Limbaugh as number one and Beebe at number two for the moment.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard