Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
C
throw in
throw in
C
But, wasn't there an ODP season where Ben Limbaugh did not make the team? And Robert Beebe did? Or am I mistaken? Alot of state team's star players have given up ODP to play Academy for their club team.

Who knows who would of been chosen to be held over in 2008 region camp if Beebe would have attended instead of traveling around the country with his club team.

This again would go into the topic of ODP vs. Academy.

bench
bench
i think its very strange how hardly any lower state players have been mentioned in this thread
Porter Massey -Def/mid James Island
Ralph Lundy -Mid Wando
Geordi Khoury-Forward BE

M
brace
brace
M
Hunter Harrison sophomore of Christ Church is an exceptional defending central mid player and may get overlooked during HS because of being at a 1A school. Very strong on the ball and plays with great vision.

Joel Perez junior of Mauldin. An outstanding forward who knows how to use his support to split defenders with diagonal runs for the ball to be played to his feet. A very rare commodity in this state where the forwards go one on one and dribble too much, don't defend and don't work away from the ball to create options.

Joel, Zack Acree and Ricky Garbonzo are the only forwards I've seen who truly understand a strikers role in how to break down a defense with the rest of their team.

Enzo is a dribbler and a very good one. Can't take that away from him nor do I want to because he can do it successfully more often than not and UNC - Chapel Hill is going to love his skill set.

Brandon Burkholder of Wando is another player to watch. He's very fast on the right wing and capable of serving great balls resulting in goals. His flip throws into the box aren't bad either.

Billy Padula, sophomore, of IRMO is a very strong defender with a great ability to deliver throws into the box from the sidelines. Great focus, strength and ability to communicate from the back.

Oliver Nobles, sophomore, IRMO very strong defender with an excellent ability to attack out of the back. Recovers well when beat on the dribble and capable of scoring headers in the box. Plays with a lot of passion. Looking for a solid year from Oliver this season.

Alex Burnikel. This kid is a sophomore and is one of the best right backs I've ever seen. He can tackle hard or simply take the ball off the foot of the opposition under control. Can attack at will and has great passing skills. He's another 1A player who won't be seen much during HS but he is exceptional. He has a great future ahead of him.

H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

Or am I mistaken?

Yes, you're mistaken - and I'll just leave it at that.

I'm not going to get into silly hypotheticals, or into an even sillier discussion of who is "better." Both are having successful youth soccer experiences. Both will play D1 if they want to. They're friends and respect the others' ability. That should be good enough for all concerned.

R
kick off
kick off
R
Post deleted by Kevin Heise

throw in
throw in
Not that good compared to whom? What are you basing that statement on? What is your soccer background, coaching expertise? Why would coaches with far more knowledge and experience than most of us select him to our Region III ODP team? Why is he being recruited by a number of Div. I programs? I stated in an earlier post that Joey had talent, but also had a number of weaknesses. I believe he can play the game and will enjoy a fine Div I playing career.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Hunter Harrison goes to southside christian and is pretty good, but not on the caliber of the best in players in the state. good for his age though. if im not mistaken i thought joel goes to berea.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Jason Chapman plays on the same CESA team with Joey DeMare and would never talk trash about anyone, especially one on his own team. Jason has too much class.
Also, Billy Padula and Oliver Nobles are Juniors.

C
kick off
kick off
C
I would have to say Limbaugh is the top keeper in the state at this moment. I used to play club with him some of the the saves he made were just unreal, you wished you had instant replay to watch them again... and plus you cant forget the work he has done in the SCHSL... but I must say Beebe is def giving Limbaugh a run for his money it hard to chose one over the other I still think the title of best Keeper is contested.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
is Limbaugh the keeper for the 17 columbia elite team

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard