Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
F
bench
bench
F
Zach Acree and Joey Demare are clearly the best players in the state! beside enzo of course coming from northwestern

S
kick off
kick off
S
I know he wasn't around all of last year, but I think it's hard to say that Antoine Parris (sp?) from Spring Valley isn't the most dominant player in the state when active.

I was at the 4A state final two years ago, and Spring Valley wasn't on the same field as Northwestern in terms of the overall run of play. Being generous SV controlled 10% of the match. However, Antoine single-handedly scored two brilliant goals for Valley and put them in the position to win. When I say singlehandedly I mean he received the ball on Valley's end of the field and took it at least 60 yards twice.

I would bet my right boot that if he had been playing last year in the final Spring Valley would have won again. There's just no answer for his speed and touch, on a full sized field. Enzo is pretty to watch, and apparently scores frequently, but I've rarely watched Antoine when he wasn't scoring goals and controlling the match. If I could pick one player to win with there's no question who it would be.

bench
bench
GK Chris Duzan one of best in state

goal
goal
If Antoine was playing last year SV still would of lost. ZING!

throw in
throw in
Unfortunately Antoine wont get the respect he deserves because he doesn't have a team around him... if he played for a NW or a Irmo I believe he would be in this conversation. No disrespect to him but a player is only as good as those who are around him.

W
kick off
kick off
W
Antoine is always a threat! Even if he is on a team that doesn't have good players around him. Best player in the State? I don't think he is up to the level yet. His game is running at players and that's about it. Enzo-Can dribble, pass, shoot, has strength, play defense, and has a very impressive work rate! Antoine has great potential though.

Acree and Demare are def. up on the list top the best player. For my preseason list it is, 1. Enzo... it will take a lot to take that from him. 2. Demare...Has what I think the best chance of taking that away from him along with Antoine. 3. Acree...Very fast player...good shot 4. Antoine..If he continually does what he did 2 years ago in the state final match then he will be number 1. I just haven't seen it since then.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I've watched Antoine play 5 or 6 times, mainly in big playoff-type games or against quality teams, and I've never seen him not score. Usually he has scored more than one goal. To me that is greatness - especially since he was often scoring the winning goals, and I never saw his team lose with him on the field. I didn't see BC's tournament last year, where Holland (another great player) apparently was the star, but I would imagine playing with Antoine made Holland's job a little easier. And I bet he got some sweet balls from Antoine.

When I've seen Antoine his dribbling has been a combination of speed and finesse, his passing has been precise and showed real vision, and he's been a sharp shooter. After early freshmen year I haven't seem him put in situation where it was his role to defend, so I have no idea if he's a competent defender, but I've certainly never seen him anything but very strong on the ball. He's too lanky to look really "powerful," but I'm sure he is.

I think it's fair to say he doesn't get to be the preseason best player in the state since he didn't play all of last year, but I'm just saying that I think he was as good as anyone in the state - as a freshman. His potential junior and senior year is scary. Enzo is clearly a great soccer player, and has the body and style of a classic "great," but I think Antoine is more dangerous.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Acree yes, DeMare is good but not in the league of antione enzo acree etc.

corner kick
corner kick
Achmed agree Demare is good, but the Stone man from BC sort of neutralizing him last year.

It be the BC Stone age.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
M
kick off
kick off
M
exactly. one defender can t shut down the other players mentioned

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard