Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
D
kick off
kick off
D
I have it good authority that several 2008 soccer alumnae will be attending tonight's Dreher / Blythewood matchup in support of the blue. None of them will be suiting up, regardless of what coach K. says! ;-)

My player is retired now. She's matriculating at Boston University.
G
throw in
throw in
G
this should be a very good game. especially if coach K slides some players in there.

Running with the big dogs
goal kick
goal kick
@ Ben Lippen, 3/12

Ben Lippen-1
St. Joseph's-2
in PK's

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Put this in the category "Hard to believe, but true".

DF is ahead 4-0 at RNE. The RNE coach quits at halftime. She refuses to put her team on the field for the 2nd half. Why?? "We have had some injuries, we only dressed out 15 kids, we have some kids who have never played before, blah blah blah". Didn't the DF girls who don't normally get much playing time deserve a chance to play? What example is the RNE coach showing to all of the kids?? That it's OK to just quit?? This is an absolute travesty.

Question to those who know more than I on the rules... can or should the RNE coach be disciplined by the SCHSL for quitting during a game? What a dissappointment the RNE coach is to the game of soccer.

V
kick off
kick off
V
Agree ScotW, poor example for the kids. Would she have went to Coach Painter at halftime if they were only down 1-0 or even 0-0. No probably not. What about the games she won in the tourney she just played in 8-0 and 6-0. do you think she would have extended the same courtesy as DF Coach did tonight if Indian Lands coach would have approached HER with the same story,doubt it. Tell us all these things before we drive over there, granted not far, get off work early,rearrange our schedules, etc.

world cup
world cup
I heard you did get a refund as you exited the stadium.

That was nice.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Yes, refunds were available. My only question is, what about our next region game with them?

Tomorrow...is too late.
S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Hurst - we got $2.50 back. We lost far more than that. I am not talking about time or gas money. I am talking about the playing time and the experience that many of our girls would have gotten had the game been completed - the girls who haven't gotten much if any playing time thus far. These girls deserved to play, and they were shortchanged. How do you think they feel? Have you ever seen a coach quit simply because they were losing 4-0 at half? Like Vickers, should the RNE coach have asked the other teams she played and beat soundly to quit at half because they were getting beat? No, this is an abomination. My girls all deserve an apology from the RNE coach.

scott

Last edited by ScottW; 03/13/09 12:49 AM.
world cup
world cup
Scoot, M & Vick,

You need to be mad at Nation Ford, channel your "anger" at them. They are the ones that took the fight out of Richland Northeast. RNE was buzzing right along until the Lady Falcons did a number on them in the Wateree final.

Hate on NF!!!!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
V
kick off
kick off
V
NF did do number on them I see. Hopefully she'll have all her kids back for round 2 with DF later in the year.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard