Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Irmo won i dont see what all the fuss is about, they will play alot higher caliber teams well see what they'll do then.

Irmo make Achmed look bad.
Achmed say 5:0, now he lose face.

Ahhg! Achmed has no face to lose.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
L
throw in
throw in
L
Midlandskid you are right they won thats all that matters but the thing everyone is saying is their style of play was not attractive and to tell you the truth not going to be very successful vs higher caliber teams. Great teams beat the teams who aren't much competition by 5 or 6 goals. That is what should have happened last night but the style of play caused them to not be very successful and really got lucky on the first two goals. Yea the throw in was a good throw but Sieverding (sp) headed the ball from inside the six. The goalie needs to come punch that ball. And the second goal was a scrum in the box that popped out to Oliver's feet. Irmo needs to combine more in order to score more goals which we know they have to talent to do so. Yes they won but the style of play will not get it done vs the top notch teams.

ScottW #115402 03/19/09 03:50 PM
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
it was a good game irmo controlled it the whole time limiting chapin to 2 shots on goal all night, a lot of the players couldn't seem to find their footing and were slipping alll over the place, and if it weren't for colden irmo would have put up about 20, but once irmo got up 2-0 chapin focused more on trying to take out Acree, and Leo, then actually playing soccer, there were a couple what should have been fouls inside the box that were never called, but irmo dominated probably had about 75% of possesion time great game undefeated outscoring opponents now 48-0 in last five games thats pretty impressive if you ask me

Feel the Sting!
S
throw in
throw in
S
yea irmo played real bad .... 3-o is pretty convincing win to me. im pretty sure irmo had about 12 shots to chapins 2.
just a bunch of haters in this thread

links5 #115404 03/19/09 04:40 PM
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Midlandskid you are right they won thats all that matters but the thing everyone is saying is their style of play was not attractive and to tell you the truth not going to be very successful vs higher caliber teams. Great teams beat the teams who aren't much competition by 5 or 6 goals. That is what should have happened last night but the style of play caused them to not be very successful and really got lucky on the first two goals. Yea the throw in was a good throw but Sieverding (sp) headed the ball from inside the six. The goalie needs to come punch that ball. And the second goal was a scrum in the box that popped out to Oliver's feet. Irmo needs to combine more in order to score more goals which we know they have to talent to do so. Yes they won but the style of play will not get it done vs the top notch teams.

So you saying you want to see more side to side play from irmo, more passing chemistry and a higher score against decent teams??

links5 #115405 03/19/09 05:12 PM
goal
goal
Well, 3-0 is pretty impressive to me considering Irmo dominated a good team like Chapin. Regardless of the score Irmo will face only one other team the rest of the year better than the Eagles and that is Dutch Fork, which Irmo has owned since the school opened. Only threat this year will be when Irmo self inflicts its own undoing by not putting shots in the net and until Northwestern. Other than that it will be a smooth ride for the Yellow Jackets.

Quote:

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
ScottW #115406 03/19/09 05:18 PM
C
bench
bench
C
There is no doubt irmo is the better of the two teams. Irmo has shown that they are a dominant team in the state if they play together. I see a problem coming with all their individual talent. With all the super stars on that team i would not want to see their attack fall apart. Chapin on the other hand has not impressed me in the least. For the most part they dont take the game seriously. I feel for a few players who have the passion that others do not. It also seems that they are lacking firepower in the forward position. Congrats on irmo getting a solid win.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

All in all, it was an OK game. Good atmosphere, but performances that were lower than expected. On a side note, Demare had a very cheap shot on (I believe it was Leo) after a play. I know that he is a good player, but he needs to get his attitude in check if he wants to continue to play at a high level. I have seen too many kids with that type of talent waste it away due to their own attitudes. I hope that Coach Hiller gets to him because those type of things should not be tolerated.

Once foul occurred...did Demare play nice and offer to help the player up????

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
no he didn't, i have no respect for that kid after that game and following his actions at his club championship match. he is a complete jack ass.

Last edited by pinger90; 03/19/09 07:25 PM.
L
throw in
throw in
L
Quote:

Well, 3-0 is pretty impressive to me considering Irmo dominated a good team like Chapin.

Okay i wouldn't consider Chapin a good team at all. Last year yes they were a good team but this year they have 2 or 3 good players. The team itself is not good so 3-0 over a pretty average oponent is not good for Irmo. Dominating would be 5 or 6-0 because Chapin is sub par this year. Im not hating on Irmo whatsoever. I am saying they have potential to be a dominating squad but they have yet to play a decent team and play to the style they are capable of playing with all of their talent. Neither team seemed to impress me last night so i guess we will have to wait and see what Irmo is capable of doing when they play a better oponent if they play like everyone thinks they can.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard