#115463 03/18/09 06:26 PM
C
Celtic9 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3958650

Great article on female soccer player and her recovery from multiple concussions. Great information for coaches, parents and players.

world cup
world cup
Very good article.

Scares the crap out of me when I see two young ladies violently clash heads in a match.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Mauldin girls did some kind of benchmark concussion test last week. My daughter told me it was administered by Steadman Hawkins. I don’t know if it something Coach Czar initiated or the school. Either way I think it’s a great idea.

Only time will tell
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Quote:

Mauldin girls did some kind of benchmark concussion test last week. My daughter told me it was administered by Steadman Hawkins. I don’t know if it something Coach Czar initiated or the school. Either way I think it’s a great idea.

All Greenville County Schools are encouraged to administer this 25 minute test to all their athletes in a high risk sport before their season begins. Here is some additional information on the ImPact Concussion Test http://www.impacttest.com/impactbackground.php It is said to help athletes, coaches, and parents to recognize better when it's safe to return to play.

I've been trying to promote the Full90 headgear free of charge to my players who already have a history of concussions, but with very little success. I thought smart and successful players like Sara Jacobs and Alix Zongrone had set good examples at other schools. But the vast majority of players seems to be too vain.

Link Copied to Clipboard