Throw In
S
Post deleted by ScottW

N
bench
bench
N
Quote:

DF has got to be the Region 5 favorites. They are off to a really good start, and are the 3 time defending champs (including the 2006 yr when they won the region but were DQ'd from the coach having a "practice" 2 days before the official 1st day).

Go Foxes!

Its a new region this year though. Don't forget DF is in the same region with Irmo.

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Post deleted by ScottW

Last edited by ScottW; 03/20/09 02:26 AM.
G
GWS Offline OP
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
G
Region 1
Greenwood
Region 2
Dorman
Region 3
Northwestern
Region 4
Spring Valley
Region 5
Irmo
Region 6
Carolina Forest
Region 7
Wando
Region 8
Fort Dorchester

A
throw in
throw in
A
So are you saying that you honestly believe that DF are the favorites in their region, over Irmo? If you are, then I want whatever you're taking! Anyways, here are my predictions:

Region I- Tough to choose, as it is arguably the weakest region in the state this year (along with Region VI). I'm going to say Greenwood because they're the only team that has played any competition. But I guess I could see Wren doing well. Just a weak region.
Region II-I'm torn between Dorman and Spartanburg. I'll pick the team with more experience in this sort of thing: Dorman.
Region III- Northwestern. 'Nuff said.
Region IV-Spring Valley. This region is not as cut-and-dry as most will probably think. No one side is too greater than the rest. This region will perhaps be the most interesting to watch unfold.
Region V- Irmo. 'Nuff said.
Region VI- This region is always tough to pick, but it usually never matters...no offense to anyone in this region. I'm gonna go on a limb and say Carolina Forest.
Region VII- Wando. Not a tough region for the Warriors.
Region VIII- Intriguing region. Could very easily see Fort Dorchester, Summerville, or West Ashley winning this one. I'll say West Ashley with no confidence at all.

K
kick off
kick off
K
Region 8- Beaufort will take it once more.

kick off
kick off
Region 5

1. Irmo - entirely too talented...they werent ranked #3 at the begining for no reason
2. Lexington - watched them versus spring valley...they should scrap out wins against dutch fork and white knoll
3. Dutch Fork - solid team from top to bottom...could easily be #2 in the region at the end
4. White Knoll - great new freshman will give them the scoring attack they have been needing...i can see them upsetting a few teams
5. Aiken - they have a couple decents players that will keep them alive all season...need finishing desparately though

all the rest are too pathetic to comment

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

DF has got to be the Region 5 favorites. They are off to a really good start, and are the 3 time defending champs (including the 2006 yr when they won the region but were DQ'd from the coach having a "practice" 2 days before the official 1st day).

Go Foxes!

Scott W
This is the BOYS forum--not the girls. The Irmo boys are the favorite in this region but DF will give them a good run I am sure. As it relates to the girls, I bet the Irmo girls will most likely follow the lead of RNE and not even show up when the DF/Irmo game is scheduled.

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
hey Socdad- funny you should post this. I just realized my error and deleted my posts. Oh well.... thanks for pointing out my mis-posting.

All - I agree with the posters that the Irmo boys team is the favorites of Region 5. They are loaded this year. I wish them the best!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard