Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
R
throw in
throw in
R
Cj
Hillcrest does have a excellent freshman, Stephanie Devita, her presents makes the team much much better than it has been the last few years. Stephanie is a very talented player.She has great speed, good ball skills and can finish. She understands the game and can control the middle of the field, Her play at midfield has allowed Hillcrest to move Savannah Younts from midfield to center back. This is Savannah's natural position so this helps make Hillcrest's defense much better this season. Our problem as always is a lack of depth, but we do have enough quality players this year to at least put a pretty good team on the field.

C
bench
bench
C
hey steve, whats up with the home field?
when will hillcrest get to play home again?

Goal
Goal
Quote:

BC 1-1 D end of regulation (Pk's 4-2)

BC scored in early first half (9th minute I think) when the keeper dropped the ball in keeper box, BC put it in the back of the net.

Dreher scored second half, nice shot by McKay Sharpe.

Big German player for BC got red-carded near end of 2nd OT; didn't seem to take it too well, laid on the ground for a few seconds pounding on the turf, little tantrum. Rumor has it she cursed the ref, in German...I don't know.

Not that I condone her action, but it was such a bad call it about got a "ScheXXe" out of me too!

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
C
kick off
kick off
C
Coaches please excuse this interruption but is there a way to teach a girl to overcome the fear of heading the ball? It may probably be just mine, but we may only head the ball 7-10 times a game...maybe! With 50 opportunities. We're playing ok right now but I think posession % would be a bit more if we could have all the girls overcome this fear. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. (I'm speaking of 7-9th graders). Thanks!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Personally, I have them stand with their arms by their sides and bounce a ball off their heads progressively harder until they realize it doesn't hurt and quit flinching away.

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
Head/Catch is always a fun game to play. I have no idea how well it would work for truly fixing the in-game problem, but it might get them used to heading in a fun sort of way. Maybe make it a pre or post practice game.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
throw in
throw in

Mauldin vs Spartanburg game canceled for tonight.

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
world cup
world cup
Head-Catch is so much fun.....until somebody gets popped in the nose!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye...

I've got good news and bad news...
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter Gaud 6 Charleston Christian 0

Pleasure to coach against Mr Tom Riley, he has a young team but never gave up. Coach Riley a class act, good luck to him and his squad as he builds that program.

Next Porter Gaud vs Northwoods
Charleston Christian @ Lowcountry Day School

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard