Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#116579 04/01/09 03:33 AM
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
A friend told me about this forum and I had to investigate. Very cool. anyway...

Would like to introduce you all to a new initiative east of the Cooper in the Lowcountry. A group of passionate soccer parents and coaches are opening a new youth soccer Club this fall that will add a new facility and much needed dedicated soccer fields to the Charleston area. This is not your typical adventure, but rather than write an essay here explaining our mission, I would like you to visit our website and check it out for yourself.

www.cainhoyathletic.com

Anyone interested in learning more or helping out, just ask.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
W
goal
goal
W
Nice. What schools does this feed into?

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
We are located close to the border of two school districts (Charleston and Berkeley Counties).

One of the benefits of our site is proximity to several elemntary/middle schools, most notably, Charles Pinkney, Daniel island and most importantly the underserved (at least in soccer) Cainhoy Elementary (85% disadvantaged kids with little prospect of quality soccer instruction).

These schools will feed into one of four high schools: Bishop England, Wando, but more likely Hannahan and Berkeley High.

Down the road, there are 'plans' to build a new public K-12 within a five minute drive from our club, but that is probably years away.

kick off
kick off
Where exactly is this facility located is it off of clements ferry

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Exactly. Map available on website for more details.
It is on Cainhoy Rd (opposite Nucor Steel) which is off Clements Ferry.
To be fair, today it is a half cleared field but we hope to complete grading soon (construction has started) plus install sod in time for the fall soccer.

Always need help in this area. Anyone in the grading or sod business and have a soft spot for soccer charity? Appropriately our club is located in teh community of Charity, South Carolina.

Brace
Brace
How many acres if I may ask? Private funding?

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
6.7 acres in phase 1. We have more when needed.
Our focus is to scale appropriately and as needed.

It is privately funded with nonprofit mission and status.

Brace
Brace
Another Lowcountry soccer club? Who will the coaches be? Who will be the coaches? Impressive website! I love the history behind the name too! Ought to be interesting!!!!

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
By focusing on development ages and playing in the Lowcountry Youth Soccer League, the coaches can be parents.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Fireant..... parents cannot coach challenge and classic ???

I know a lot of parents who are a lot more qualified to coach than some of the paid coaches currently coaching in the lowcountry clubs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard