goal kick
P
I agree the Irmo pitch is looking awesome this year

S
throw in
throw in
S
Manchester,
I suggested the Irmo stadium in an earlier discussion regarding playoffs....got laughed at. Glad to see I'm not the only one to think it a viable option...not just because of the IRMO connection, but because it is a great field to play on this year.

M
brace
brace
M
I don't think there is a fan in the state who would say the atmosphere generated in the IRMO stadium is anything less than electric. Having the finals there allows fans to be right on top of a pitch that was seeded this season with a sports rye grass. It's a fantastic surface to play on!

I'll try to post a picture if I can.

B
throw in
throw in
B
While I agree with everything about Irmo stadium, playing the championship on one of the favorites to be in the game's home field doesn't seem right.

M
brace
brace
M
BeenAround, that's true, but playing in Memorial Stadium doesn't seem right either because it's narrow and as I recall the surface is crowned a bit.

My personal preference would be Wofford, College of Charleston or Clemson since USC isn't available. If none of those are available, then the best HS pitch would be my next choice. Hard to say IRMO doesn't qualify.

The stadium is large enough to hold all fans, which would create an incredible spectacle of all finals.

Of course I'm acting like I have control over such matters, which I don't. Pure wishful thinking on my part!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
R
bench
bench
R
We should play at Irmo for sure. It will be a awsome game.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the field at irmo a football field inside a footbll stadium? not big enuf girls and boys, not big enuf....not even close enuf to being big enuf. while there are lots of nice college fields, clemson is probably the only place besides blackbaud that could handle the crowds, but irmo is just like memorial, a football field. nuff said

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the field at irmo a football field inside a footbll stadium? not big enuf girls and boys, not big enuf....not even close enuf to being big enuf. while there are lots of nice college fields, clemson is probably the only place besides blackbaud that could handle the crowds, but irmo is just like memorial, a football field. nuff said

You are correct but you overlook the fact that there is no crown and the pitch is widened during the spring for soccer. I don't know the size but I've never heard a complaint about the field being too small, that's for sure.

Here's a link to an image from yesterday afternoon:
http://irmosoccer.com/pitch.jpg

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
bench
bench
S
The Irmo pitch is not constrained by a track around it as so many HS stadia are and is widened for soccer 6 to 10 yards each season. Would be a great venue for the championships and certainly better than memorial.

S
Brace
Brace
S
State Championships used to be at Memorial, that could be one reason it could be there.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard