Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

I would imagine the Bridge players really like their coaches at this point....but how do you follow a coach whose "program" had to be changed because they were not allowed to be in the "program." (SCYSA to US Club) What message does it send to the kids???

The Bridge did not "change" their program...they added to it. They are still fielding teams in SCYSA. The US Club is just another program. You need to get your facts right before you open your mouth.

YOU need to learn reading comprehension before you open your mouth. Try to READ and COMPREHEND what I wrote you moron.

goal
goal
loc, exactly what results DO merit continued membership in the academy? i can't seem to locate the page on the website that lays that out.

i'm guessing you're talking about one or both team's records? do you realize that one of the main problems with soccer in the us is caused by a certain mentality you just displayed? you wanna try and figure out what that is?

you have been more than happy to point out all the negative - how about try and be a little helpful. you've had plenty of suggestions for what NOT to do - so, what do you suggest i DO now? are you all about raising the level of soccer in this state, or just all about cesa?

if you aren't a part of the solution, then you're part of the problem...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I can't quite figure out where this is going..Sounds to me like if the man was banned for 15 months..That means he won't coach for 15 months..Does that mean everything that has his name tied to it stops for 15 months? I doubt it..I think any program is bigger than one man. At least I would hope so..

R
throw in
throw in
R
CHT,
That man is listed as the executive director; I think that is an issue that the South Carolina United membership needs to address. I'm pretty neutral here but this damages the credibility of the club.

Belligerent. Glad you're back to being belligerent. I'll take a stab at this. From what I've heard, the Academy is looking to move forward with a relegation system so the results might not be the issue but infractions might be a deal breaker. I thought someone mentioned earlier that Solar had some problems here.

I hear what you're saying about results. It's the age old argument that going after results hinders development of the player. I would agree with that but at the older ages results do in fact matter. If there is a relegation system that will take place, then they matter to the academy as well. I actually like this concept. CASL and the Texans should not be playing Bridge and North Meck. Breaking up in to divisions would be a good move. Let like teams compete against like teams.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So the executive director does not coach for 15 months..And what? Credibility? Will this not be established by the players that chose to play there..How about the other 15 or 16 names that are tied to this? Are they catching fleas?

R
throw in
throw in
R
You brought up the issue here but I'm sure you're heard the cliche that if you lie down with dogs you'll get up with fleas.

You obviously are trying to minimize this issue and I get that. You're excited about this "agreement" and you don't want this to gain traction. I get it and so does everyone else. But answer me this question. If you were starting a business and you brought someone in to run that business would your list of candidates come from Rikers Island. You know that if you did this your company would lose credibility. Just watch Fox or MSNBC - depending on your orientation- and you'll see this same scenario played out over and over again.

I'll say it again. For the life of me, I can't understand why South Carolina United would put themselves in this situation. I'll say right here that this is total speculatuon but from the outside looking in,it looks like ethics were jumped over for getting the deal done. Regardless of this being Mt. Pleasant, CESA,CFC or whoever I would have a problem with that. This is not the type of behaviour South Carolina soccer wants to be associated with. Every coach, club, director needs to be held to a higher standard.Surely you see this don't you.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So much for the neutral comment..I am excited about this from the girls perspective..We are not taking part in this due to economic reasons and my child has two years left of ball and I see this venture as something that could benefit girls down the road..If I was starting a business and this man came to work for me..I would put him where I could get the most out of him but yet tie his hands so he could not ruin my business..
Is everyone in your place of business ethical or have the right character? Does your company still survive because of the other hundred employees that make it work but yet this person does bring something to the table?
I am not trying to defend his actions..he has to answer for that but I would not throw a program under the bus just because he is associated with it.
How many rules do we have at SCYSA because of what coaches or parents have done in the past? There is a form to fill out for every thing you do..Why? Because at some time in the past someone crossed into that grey area or got caught cheating..SCYSA decided what his punishment was..It's not for us to do..

M
kick off
kick off
M
I understand what you wrote-MORON! Maybe you don't know the differance.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

I understand what you wrote-MORON! Maybe you don't know the differance.

I know the difference between the word "coach" and "program"....you don't. Otherwise you would not have made such a stupid comment to what I posted. So no, you did not understand what I wrote. You just think you understand, but by your response you don't.

I take it you never bothered to go back and read my original post.

I have a question, what is the definition of "differance?" Maybe I should ask Jeff Foxworthy....what do you think?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Belligerent,
I find your perspective quite hypocritical. Results have mattered to Bridge CUFC, and every other club for that matter for quite some time. In fact, and corret me if I am wrong, but weren't you the poster on this board a couple of years ago slandering a youth girls CESA team for playing up an age group? I believe it was stated that they couldn't compete at that level. What were the results of that rage?

If results didn't matter, Bridge nor CUFC would be attempting to leave SCYSA. Yes, that is correct. I believe that a major factor in the decision to move to the Academy and adopt the convenient "results do not matter" or that they aren't as important philosophy is in part due to the lack of success in the SCYSA and its competition structure of head to head, state cup playoffs. A system where everyone doesn't qualify for Premier League. In this system, it becomes very obvious the differences between one club and the next. The results have been well-documented.

Furthermore, I find it very interesting that a club will promote itself as playing in an elite national league on the girls side, when they honestly don't know if they will gain acceptance into these tournaments. Look at past results for that matter. Why do teams attend the orange cup or bowl or whatever it is called? CESA will be a part of a legitmate league where their acceptance into the league guarantees participation.

Finally, I have a decent idea as to where results stand in the big picture. However, I think they matter a little bit more than your boy and CUFC would care to admit.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard