Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
C
kick off
kick off
C
Thanks for your support wino.

I understand the comment freaky zeeky, but after last season, it was very hard to make a schedule. From those just hearing the story, many didn't want to play us, which is understandable from hearsay, which is already in the process of being changed for next year.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Bluffton is not the best team in 3A. If you examine the rankings every team ahead of them is better and have had far better competition. Not knocking your win total but they've had one challenge against Hilton Head. Besides that nothing is making them legit for conversation of a state championship so be easy.

Those stats can be misleading...Just look at Northwestern's competition..OR LACK thereof.

Bluffton got a raw deal, but I'm sure they will be back

S
Brace
Brace
S
I've seen Bluffton a few times this year, form the blowout wins against lower competition, to the PK win over Hilton Head, and they are a different group of players from what is usually known of Bluffton futbol. I don't think they're the best team in 3a, but I will say they will turn a few heads next season once they become eligible for the postseason once again. Coach Cook is doing a great job changing the face of that program.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
C
kick off
kick off
C
Update:

I spoke with Roger Hazel, and he told us that our probation ends on May 5th. This means that we ARE aloud to play in playoffs, but where we are placed is up to our region.

throw in
throw in
This is complete BS!!! This is not fair because they played an ineligible season so the games didn't count which in turn means they miss the playoffs!! If this is true the high school league is even more than a joke than we thought.

Yeah!! HAHA
S
Brace
Brace
S
no offense to Coach Cook or Blufton but I have to agree it is a little unfair since a decision was previously made. I say this not as a team who may ultimately play Blufton, but on behalf of the rest of that regions. There would have been a team able to make the playoffs who now will not because of this. I just don't think it is right to change a decision like that. The least they should do is make them the #4 seed in that region

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
The hypocrisy of the SOUTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE continues to amaze me. Our football team was banned for a full athletic year (including playoffs) this past fall for getting into a fight. This is preposterous and I'm sure it's because soccer folks have money to fight the system!

However, looking at your record in the region it seems the only "playoff" eligible region match would be the May 5 game vs. Hilton Head Island. Is that correct? All other games would have been "ineligible", correct? So that means Bluffton would be 0-7 despite actually being a possible 7-0 prior to the HHI game. If BHS wins that game then one region win might get you into the playoffs as a #4 seed I guess because Battery Creek and North Charleston are horrible.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
C
kick off
kick off
C
From what I was told, by Roger Hazel, it was not a reversal, but the paperwork said our probation would last until May 5th.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Our season was not deemed ineligible. The probation was for scrimmages and pre-season and in season tournaments.

S
Brace
Brace
S
my understanding last year was that the team was eligible for regular season but they penalty was to be ineligible for the playoffs. I guess you would know better than any of us coach. I was at that match last year so I saw it all unfold and I know you have gotten rid of the bad eggs and really changed the reputation of that team. Good for you though, good luck.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard