Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
brace
brace
Quote:

Maybe I need to schedule Blythewood next year so I can see for myself what all the talk is about this pond!! Sounds like Bill Dance and Jimmy Houston may be coming in the future!

The pond is nothing. Wait til you see their practice fields: Arnold 1, Stumpduck 2, Tony A, Tony B, and Tony To Be Named Later. The University of Dorman has nothing on Blythewood!

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
If there is pond fishing involved, I am in! Don't be surprised if you get a call from Mauldin...but don't let Kevin Czar anywhere near your pond. He will wipe it out!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Congratulations to Woodruff Girls JV Coach Fran Thomas and the entire JV team. The Woodruff JV girls came up short Tuesday night against a talented Riverside team. 2-0 The match was very evenly played, with just a couple of keeper errors. This was the first loss for Woodruff since the JV program was started in the 2007 season. Keep up the hard work ladies. Great facilities in Woodruff.

Very classy. Way to call out a JV goalie on a public message board.

brace
brace
I live on a lake (big pond). You may fish here anytime. Let me know so we have worms.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Maybe I need to schedule Blythewood next year so I can see for myself what all the talk is about this pond!! Sounds like Bill Dance and Jimmy Houston may be coming in the future!

Here is the pond/school at twilight: http://www.ladybengalsoccer.com/directions_files/page0020.htm

ROH-- Next time I am up that way my daughter, son, and I may very well take you up on that offer, although I will probably bring crickets. Yea, I am a bait snob and prefer the jumpers to the crawlers.

Sounds like I need to figure out a way to have a soccer/fishing fundraiser over the summer.....

As for practice fields-- scuttlebutt says that Lacrosse is going to get their own practice field next year- Congrats to the Lady Bengal Lacrosse team by the way for winning state last weekend.
tk

Tony King
brace
brace
We got crickets. We got corn. We got chewing tobacco (don't use it for fishing though; not that many fish that chew). Hang dowgit, we got hot dogs. You come, we'll use every thing but a cherry bomb to haul in some of them little snappers.

Postnote: I have lived here 5 years and haven't caught one fish. My 5 year old nephew caught two in 15 seconds and holds the family record. Postpostnote: I really, really don't know anything about fishing but love to try it.

C
bench
bench
C
Wren 4
Greenwood 0

Goals (Assists)
Harris (G.Fennell)
G.Fennell (Baker)
Barthelmes (none)
T.Fennell (none)

C
Coach
Coach
C
Berkeley/Wando JV and varsity girls' matches tonight canceled due to gross neglect of common sense. Without any commmunication with our athletic department, the district office sent a crew to spread fresh fertilizer on all our athletic fields during the school day today.

No word on whether a makeup date at this point will be possible.

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
World Cup
"Hey Earl, ya think they even usin deese here fields?"

"Jimmy just put the stuff down and lets go!"

C
Coach
Coach
C
Yeah, why would anyone be using soccer, baseball, or softball fields during the last weeks of spring sports season?

Been doing this for 13 years now...never in my life had a game called on account of fertilizer before.

At least, not the store-bought kind.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard