Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#119063 04/30/09 01:07 AM
L
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
L
I am a keepers dad and have the gray hair, pocket full of Tums, and portable defibrillator to prove it. This season I have seen some outstanding keeper play by many of our opponents. It has been wonderful to watch and is much better overall goalkeeping than I have seen in seasons past, both in high school and club ball. Just to ask the coaches out there, do you see the same? Are you practicing your keepers more, or differently? What's up?

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Not a coach, but also a keeper's dad. My theory is we are seeing the result of more and more clubs having added keeper specific training to their programs. Most of the better keepers in high school also play club, so the high schools benefit. I know my daughter has improved greatly as a result of keeper specific training, both through her club and private lessons (before the club offered it).

K
kick off
kick off
K
Who would you rate as some of the top keepers in the state this year?

brace
brace
Caitlin Fountain, Blue Ridge. 4 year starter, 15+ career shutouts, 541 minute school record shutout streak from last year. 7 shutouts this year. Also the leading scorer on the Blue Ridge team this year as she comes out and plays midfield/forward.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
C
bench
bench
C
dont know names, but for 3A, the keepers at chapin and south aiken are very solid.

throw in
throw in
Morgan Hert of Mauldin AAAA region 2 is outstanding and she has committed to play for the Lady Tigers.

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
corner kick
corner kick

I have watched Morgan play for CESA. She is great keeper. Good Luck with the Lady Tigers.

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

Who would you rate as some of the top keepers in the state this year?

Katie Tate, Woodmont. Committed to play for USC (So. Cal.) next year.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

I am a keepers dad and have the gray hair, pocket full of Tums, and portable defibrillator to prove it.

I love it...I know the feeling. Let get rid of PKs :-)

My son (I know, wrong subject heading), was born to be a keeper (what ever that means), but until about 3 years ago he didn't have the proper training, and he really struggled. His club started having special keeper training, and then our high school picked up a keeper coach. Wow! What a difference it made. Not only did he learn what and when to do things, it also gave him the confidence that what he was doing was the right thing (no hesitation - make a decision, either right or wrong, but make it. You can evaluate your decision after the game)

If your club has separate keeper training, make sure you take advantage off it. You might even look into some keeper camps.

Good Luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwlZY1ps-g

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
L
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
L
Thanks HeTakes Pictures! I am sure there are several of us out there. My daughter had to fill in as a keeper in a tournament in Statesville, NC when she was a U11 and has basically been in the goal ever since. It was ugly at first but she has attended one or two camps every summer and had specialty keeper training from an outstanding keeper coach in Augusta. It has made a difference, as have just growing older and gaining more experience. Like any player she has good games and not so good games but she says all of the time that she "just loves the sport". That is the reason I am LadyVolDad. She joins the Tennessee Lady Vol Soccer squad this summer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard