Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Truth #119353 05/05/09 04:54 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...NOT pay for your coach's travel expense
NOT pay any training fees
NOT pay for a uniform...

Where will the funding come from to cover these expenses? Does CESA just have a bunch of $$ salted away that they can use to cover this? Do they have corporate sponsors covering this? Private donors? Or are the Challenge/Classic players having to pay more to cover the Premier costs?

Coach P #119354 05/05/09 05:04 PM
R
throw in
throw in
R
I think I have seen this before...

If you have any other questions regarding CESA, please call the Executive Directors. You can find their contact information at www.carolinaelitesc.com.

Raekwon #119355 05/05/09 05:22 PM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
"Darned if you do, darned if you don't." Let's just all applaud any and every opportunity that will give the players in this state an opportunity to participate in USSF, Premier League, Showcase tournaments, ODP,etc. and allow them to be competitive and represent South Carolina regardless of the club affiliation.

Raekwon #119356 05/05/09 05:28 PM
R
throw in
throw in
R
Utd,
Let's get this straight once and for all. I am obviously a supporter of CESA. Looking at your earlier posts, you obviously are not, which is OK.What I take personal is the fact that I have answered all of your questions yet you want to imply that in some way there is some hidden agenda here.As far as I know, the directors of CESA have never served a suspension, so your implications do in fact bother me.

I don't know what your interest is here, but let's do this. Here are some simple instructions that even you might be able to fathom.Pick up the phone and address your concerns about this fraudulant scam to Andrew Hyslop or Pearse Tormey.They will give you all the answers you need.

Harry, where did you get this information if I can ask.

Raekwon #119357 05/05/09 07:18 PM
L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
Last time I checked everyone is allowed to have opinion. You have yours I have mine so lets leave it at that. When did I ever imply anything about those 2 doing anything wrong or were suspended? I just questioned few things and you got all excited about it. Last time I checked it's a forum remember?
I can follow instructions just fine, but thanks for your concern.

Coach P #119358 05/05/09 11:11 PM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[Coach P] Where will the funding come from to cover these expenses? Does CESA just have a bunch of $$ salted away that they can use to cover this? Do they have corporate sponsors covering this? Private donors? Or are the Challenge/Classic players having to pay more to cover the Premier costs?<<

As I understand it, CESA has worked with the Obama administration and both houses of Congress to receive $700M dollars. But it's where the $700M is coming from that's really interesting.

Mark Sanford has redirected the $700M in stimulus funds from the state of South Carolina to CESA - the theory is that because CESA contains the term "Carolina" in its name versus "South Carolina" that these funds are being accepted on behalf of North Carolina. Sanford is hoping that by doing so he can get the Democratic National Committee to stop airing commercials critical of Sanford's opposition to the stimulus package being used for purposes other than paying down state debt.

However, the Obama administration has placed two conditions on their approval of this redirection of funds. First, CESA must produce an automobile capable of achieving 100 miles per gallon - which of course is in CESA's strategic interest because the organization sees it as a method to enhance their recruiting of players from farther away. Second, both Andrew and Pearse must change any and all accents they have from Scottish/Irish to Turkish. Not sure why - but I figured it was a national security issue.

Shibumi #119359 05/05/09 11:48 PM
T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

>>[Coach P] Where will the funding come from to cover these expenses? Does CESA just have a bunch of $$ salted away that they can use to cover this? Do they have corporate sponsors covering this? Private donors? Or are the Challenge/Classic players having to pay more to cover the Premier costs?<<

As I understand it, CESA has worked with the Obama administration and both houses of Congress to receive $700M dollars. But it's where the $700M is coming from that's really interesting.

Mark Sanford has redirected the $700M in stimulus funds from the state of South Carolina to CESA - the theory is that because CESA contains the term "Carolina" in its name versus "South Carolina" that these funds are being accepted on behalf of North Carolina. Sanford is hoping that by doing so he can get the Democratic National Committee to stop airing commercials critical of Sanford's opposition to the stimulus package being used for purposes other than paying down state debt.

However, the Obama administration has placed two conditions on their approval of this redirection of funds. First, CESA must produce an automobile capable of achieving 100 miles per gallon - which of course is in CESA's strategic interest because the organization sees it as a method to enhance their recruiting of players from farther away. Second, both Andrew and Pearse must change any and all accents they have from Scottish/Irish to Turkish. Not sure why - but I figured it was a national security issue.

Okay....this was funny. No matter what your political affiliation here in the State of South Carolina, this was funny.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if you are a Democrat or a Republication either.

Shibumi #119360 05/06/09 12:37 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick

Shibumi #119361 05/06/09 01:09 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Free Soccer!! That is outstanding!

I believe that Chico/Shibumi/"He who shall remain nameless" may be onto something here--with these "TARP" funds (T ogether, A ndrew and pearse R ule the P iedmont--and beyond!!!), they will be able to spread the great game to underserved areas of the state(as the Obama adminstration would intend). They have some experience in this area as they previouly did this with the inception of Cesa-Columbia in that "soccer-poor" area of Irmo in the midlands.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard