South Aiken 1

B
bench
bench
B
Pendleton @ Seneca on 5/6 for Seneca's senior night

Seneca 2
Pendleton 0

First half, Courtney Pund (senior captain) scored off an assist by Krystal Goss.

Second half, Emily Nicholson (senior captain) scored off another assist by Krystal Goss.

Normally I don't post much on here, just read everybody else's comments, but had to say how much I've enjoyed having Courtney, Emily and Hillary Lee (our other senior captain) lead our team this year. What made me especially proud and caused me to write this up is the fact that Emily broke both bones in her shin back in February in a scrimmage against Blue Ridge (a totally clean play, just collided the wrong way with the keeper) and was able to endure a long rehab that is still ongoing to get her ready for SWU in the fall. I was considering only putting her out for 5 minutes but her constant dedication to always be at practice (even knowing she can't participate) and strenuous workout schedule with rehab, how could a coach keep her from the game she loves so much? It's girls like her that make me love coaching and make it worth the time and effort. SWU is getting more than just a great player. I wish our three seniors the best of luck next year at school and hope that they know how much they have done for our program. I'm losing 3 girls that not only would coaches love to have as their players, but also as their daughters, truly great kids. Good luck girls!!!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Barnwell 5
Pelion 0

On Senior Night, the Lady Warhorses secured their 2nd straight region title and 3 out of the last 4. They are the best group of seniors and are some of the smartest girls there are. All of them will be successful in their future endeavors and I am glad that I got to coach them for their last two years.

S
bench
bench
S
WF 2 SV 1. Hard fought match. SV gave WF all it could handle throughout the match. Good luck to SV next week as the playoffs begin.

Goals for WF: Alexanria Jackson (1), Alexa Gainey (1)

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

. . . SV gave WF all it could handle throughout the match. . . .

Wish I could have been there, glad to see SV played a good game. Thanks for posting score.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood Prep 3
Heathwood Hall 0

hat-trick
hat-trick
Irmo 6-0 Richland Northeast

On senior night at Irmo, all three seniors scored goals. Congratulations to Alicia, Mandi, and Stephanie.

Scoring:
4 min - Dherckers (Unassisted)
5 - Warder (Farnham)
13 - Baxter (Werdunn)
32 - Warder (Werdunn)
74 - Northington (Farnham)
77 - Funderburk (Frick)

Brace
Brace
Is Region 3 listening?

Brace
Brace
Whoops, Region 3 gets it right, Region 4 needs to study the others. At my old age hard for me to remember which child is in which region!

brace
brace
Quote:

Pendleton @ Seneca on 5/6 for Seneca's senior night

Seneca 2
Pendleton 0

First half, Courtney Pund (senior captain) scored off an assist by Krystal Goss.

Second half, Emily Nicholson (senior captain) scored off another assist by Krystal Goss.

Normally I don't post much on here, just read everybody else's comments, but had to say how much I've enjoyed having Courtney, Emily and Hillary Lee (our other senior captain) lead our team this year. What made me especially proud and caused me to write this up is the fact that Emily broke both bones in her shin back in February in a scrimmage against Blue Ridge (a totally clean play, just collided the wrong way with the keeper) and was able to endure a long rehab that is still ongoing to get her ready for SWU in the fall. I was considering only putting her out for 5 minutes but her constant dedication to always be at practice (even knowing she can't participate) and strenuous workout schedule with rehab, how could a coach keep her from the game she loves so much? It's girls like her that make me love coaching and make it worth the time and effort. SWU is getting more than just a great player. I wish our three seniors the best of luck next year at school and hope that they know how much they have done for our program. I'm losing 3 girls that not only would coaches love to have as their players, but also as their daughters, truly great kids. Good luck girls!!!

OH MY! OH MY! OH MY! Having seen Emily go down, and watching the pain she was in during the beginning stages of her rehab, and hearing the predictions that she might be able to play next year before college....

That young lady must be the bravest, most courageous teenager in the world. To come back and play, to score, is impossible. I am sitting here at 4:24 am, reading about soccer like I love to do, and reading the best story of the year. What a wonderful young person, and what an inspiration to all.

It must have been the Krispy Kremes, Emily. Congrats - you are my new hero.

Coach Sumwalt

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard