Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Mauldin Girls Senior night.

It was a raining senior night at Mauldin High School as Mauldin girls outlasted the Hillcrest Rams 3 - 0. This was the final home game for this group of girls:

Shannon Brennan
Allie Cripps
Brooke Nemecek
Sarah Schaidle
Current Smith
Emily Sorgenfrei
Emily Taylor
Ariel Whatley
Jennifer Withey

I have watched all of these girls grow into fine young women and great soccer competitors. I wish all of them well in their future endeavors. I also wish them luck in the up coming play-offs.

I would like to thank Coach Kevin Czar, Coach Kristin Ryer and the entire Mauldin soccer team for including Emily Sorgenfrei as an active member of the team. It has be a tough year for her watching each game knowing she can't play the game she loves. Also would like to thank Andrew Fleming and the CESA 90 Challenge team for their support during the club season after her second knee injury.

Good luck to all the senior girls in the state and best wishes on your future endeavors.

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
brace
brace
Emily would have made a great team even greater.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
corner kick
corner kick
I have been to numerous senior nights over the years and based on the academic awards and scholarships this group of young women received, they must be the most intelligent group of student athletes to pass through Mauldin or any school in quite some time. I know all of these young ladies have bright futures ahead of them. Good luck to all.

Only time will tell
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I have been to numerous senior nights over the years and based on the academic awards and scholarships this group of young women received, they must be the most intelligent group of student athletes to pass through Mauldin or any school in quite some time. I know all of these young ladies have bright futures ahead of them. Good luck to all.

Mavs Soccer Dad. I found this list from senior night on the gomavs.net website. Very impressive !

Congratulations to our graduating Seniors:

Shannon Brennan
Shannon has played 4 years of Mauldin Soccer. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Student Council Treasurer for 4 years, Life Scholarship recipient. Shannon will attend Clemson University with plans to major in Nursing. Senior advice to the underclassmen on the team: Make it count!

Allie Cripps
Allie has played 4 years for Mauldin High School. She has received The Junior scholar award from Coker College.She is a member of the Beta club and will be graduating with Honors in June. She will be attending the University of South Carolina, Majoring in Nursing. Advice for underclassmen on her team: Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's what you do in between that counts the most.

Brooke Nemecek
Brooke has played 4 years of soccer at Mauldin and lots of years with CESA. Brooke plans on attending USC majoring in Physical Therapy. Her advice to the underclassmen is: "Have fun and play each game as if it were your last."

Sarah Schaidle
Sarah has played 4 years of Mauldin soccer. She has been a three time All-State selection, a two-time All-Region selection, two time Team MVP, one time All-Tournament, and Junior and Senior Captain. Sarah is a member of the National Honor Society, Honors Student Council, National Spanish Honor Society, Who's Who Among American High School Students, The National Society of High School Scholars, Junior Marshall, AP Scholar, and College of Charleston Cistern Scholar. Sarah has signed to play soccer at the College of Charleston where she will be attending the Honors College major undecided. Senior advice to the underclassmen on the team: bring a ball pump to practice

Emily Sorgenfrei
Emily has had 4 years of Mauldin Soccer, Freshman year she was the Defensive MVP on JV Team, She earned the Brevard College Leadership Scholarship, the Savannah College of Art and Design Academic Honors Scholarship, a Soccer Scholarship from Anderson University in addition to an Academic scholarship. Emily will be attending Clemson University with plans to
major in Visual Arts/Graphic Communication Senior advice to the underclassmen on the team: Always put forth your best effort in every game, you never know when it will be your last one!

Curren Smith
Curren has been the starting goal keeper for the Mavericks since she was a freshman until this year when an early season injury tore her ACL. As a freshman, she captured the defensive MVP award. Curren is an AP scholar, a Wofford scholar, A Jr. Marshall, a Palmetto Fellow, was voted Most likely to Succeed, and her teammates selected her as a team captain this year. After the Mavs win this year’s state championship game, Curren will have knee surgery and then attend Clemson University in the fall and will major in Genetics.
Curren’s advice to underclassman: STAY AWAY FROM POWDERPUFF FOOTBALL!!!

Emily Taylor
Emily has played 4 years of Mauldin Soccer, 2 Time State Champion with CESA Premier, 5 time member of South Carolina 1990 ODP team, Junior Marshall, AP Scholar with Honors, Erskine Fellow, Who’s Who Among American High School Students, Palmetto Fellow Emily will be attending The United States Military Academy at West Point with goal of working towards a medical career Senior advice to the underclassmen on the team: Pain is temporary but glory never fades. Through all the running, the goalposts and our treasured time in the gym, always remember that it’s worth it.

Arial Whatley
Ariel has 4 years of Mauldin Soccer and as a Freshman year she was the MVP on JV Team, AP Scholar, Wofford Scholar, Converse College Leader. She will be attending Clemson University with plans to major in BioMedical Engineering Senior advice to the underclassmen on the team: Keep it fun!

Jennifer Whithey
Jennifer has played soccer at Mauldin all her 4 years, the last 3 on the varsity team. Jen is an honor roll member, member of the National Society of High School Scholars, and a member of Who’s –Who. Jennifer has a love for all animals and plans to attend Tri County Technical College and major as a Veterinary Technician. She will continue playing soccer in college for the Lady Hawks and hopes to maybe coach someday. Jen’s advice to all players is it’s not how tall or big you are, it’s your desire and what’s in your heart that counts and my heart will always be a MAV! Maverick’s Forever!

Link Copied to Clipboard