Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
bench
bench
C
The profanity on the field and from the stands (at certain stadiums) is pretty bad from what I've seen, it's taunting plan and simple and shouldn't be tolerated. I've heard it goes on in alot of games and could easily be policed by the referees and coaches if they really wanted to put an end to it. The only thing turning a deaf ear to the problem does is allow incidents described earlier in the thread to happen and eventually someone is going to get hurt, if it hasn't already happened.

S
goal
goal
S
Soccer cannot be adequately monitored with only 2 refs. This will not solve all your problems as earlier posts have pointed out the complexity. Getting the call correct or at least being in position to make a call adequately would help. As to taunting, when anyone on the field verbally (kind or foul words) retaliates against the stands they are inviting trouble. I do not understand why players, refs and coaches can't just ignore those hooligans! It is a shame that our society reflects so negatively upon a game. I have not experienced such over the top behavior that has been described although yelling and screaming at refs is common place mainly due to the arrogance of referees. I think refs are more offended by the way comments are delivered than what is actually said. Then again I haven't seen the over the top stuff in my experience. BTW – There are many players, etc. that are able to control themselves and conduct themselves with the utmost dignity. However, it is very rare that these players are recognized for this control. It might be a very good year-end award for schools to consider.

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
No I will not single any program out but I will say it has just been outrageous in multiple instances and yes I agree a player should be able to shut out the fans opinions and stay focused on the game I am almost always capable of that but when fans are clearly screaming insults such as ni**er and bean**r and wet back and other derogatory terms it's just over the line and some players snap. Some one already brought up this point but it is even worse when coaches and or parents can hear their fans and or children shouting this and dont do anything about it. Like someone already said the apple does not fall from the tree. Individuals should respect others so they will be respected I have seen fights happen because of fans insults, I have even been in the middle of my high school team being jumped by a group of rowdy fans after a game it's just going down hill. Programs should be able to control their own crowd, as they control their own players. I was told by my athletic director after one incident that Soccer is the sport in SCHSL with the most fouls the most ejections and the most violence... Im not certain if that is correct but it sounds about right. Im certain that my thread wont bring an end to this but it will bring it to programs directors attention.

S
goal
goal
S
Now there are some other interesting comments that you bring up. The impression by administrators that Soccer is the sport with the most fouls, ejections and violence. Hmm, most fouls? I find that position difficult considering basketball gets 5 fouls before someone fouls out. Soccer only gets 2 before you are ejected so how can soccer have more fouls. As to ejections of course soccer has more ejections because they are allowed only 2 fouls. BTW in football you can commit as many fouls as you like until your coach pulls you out because your team lost so much yardage. As to the most violent I guess we need a definition of violence because football's very existence is predicated on violence.

IMO there is no reason for a fan to scream or yell insults or deragatory statements. However, I do feel it appropriate to disagree with calls. So yelling about your disapproval is very different then throwing defamatory statements. If I were to encounter such that I feared for my child on the field I would certainly make sure the administrators were aware of my concerns and the police were at the next game!

As to the apple not falling far from the tree please remember that in public high schools we do not choose who attends the school with our children. In most cases, I would interject when I see inappropriate behavior but there is a very fine line when it comes to disciplining others children. Then throw in the social issues at hand and (for lack of a better example) guns and the general public will shy away.

I have taught my kids the old cliche of act like you have been there before. So there is no excuse for players to "snap". I don't snap in my place of work, worship or the local grocery store so what makes it acceptable on the soccer field? Ignorance is bliss so ignore them!

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Now there are some other interesting comments that you bring up. The impression by administrators that Soccer is the sport with the most fouls, ejections and violence. Hmm, most fouls? I find that position difficult considering basketball gets 5 fouls before someone fouls out. Soccer only gets 2 before you are ejected so how can soccer have more fouls. As to ejections of course soccer has more ejections because they are allowed only 2 fouls. BTW in football you can commit as many fouls as you like until your coach pulls you out because your team lost so much yardage. As to the most violent I guess we need a definition of violence because football's very existence is predicated on violence.

Actually, I think I counted 42 fouls in the Airport/B-C match where someone posted the stats. That's a lot. What was it...2 coaches ejected but since they weren't playing, that wouldn't go into the foul count.

What gets me is how players can commit flagrant fouls in other sports, be ejected but their position is replaced. What would it be like it a football player was ejected from a game for accumulation of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and they had to play a man down the rest of the game.

corner kick
corner kick
you know racism and violence are typical on third world countries and is hard to stop it, one of the things i watched the most in los angeles were gangs and fights for a lot of reasons in public.

after all i was glad i ever lived here bc South Carolina was that, an state where you dont see things like that happening like in third world countries. this is a really clean state and im not just talking about class, im talking about trash too.

after all i gone get that dudes name from my younger brother, even though it didnt end up in a fight, ill make sure the things the usc business student does when he is drunk, ill make sure next time he is in a situation like that, he think twice about bringing races and nationalities to arguments in a public bar and even trying to start a fight, business college students cannot do that in public.

i think the best thing to do and again that is just my opinion, you gone have to punish the high school or team for their fans behavior for the good of the sport.

does this happend in other sports? who cares, our sport is soccer and we have to keep it clean and make a difference.

i remember playing for a semipro team in LA where we were to play in colleges and nice turf in the finest places in california, my team was full of hispanics and most of the players in there were from poor neighborhood so to them, playing in those fields was the best, not to mention was the most expensive latino league in los angeles.

the teams would get fine with a good amount of money if we even throw trash in the field, we are talking of the most exclusive latino league prob in california, not to mention about fights, the team could be put out of the league if something like that happened. im not sure about the numbers but the team just could not afford to do that, it was too much money on the table to play around with it. bad players were out of the league along with bad fans and bad teams.

the best players did get payed some most of them would behave.

that is just my 2 cents, if we dont start cleaning the game from now, it may get ugly with the time.

racism isnt funny, is something serious and we have to learn to respect others with different ethnic backgrounds, we dont want to look like the poor side of california.

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 05/08/09 10:35 PM.

Club of the century.
kick off
kick off
Dude what are you talking about? It will all make sense if anyone knew what the problem is. Do you care to elaborate on your current situation?

"I'm Not Fast You Just Move Too Slow"
Brace
Brace

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard