3. Blythewood
4. Lancaster
5. Rock Hill
6. South Pointe

tk

Tony King
Brace
Brace
Bummer for RH. Feel they showed their worth more than Lancaster in region play but congrats to all the teams making the playoffs. Bummer about the w/l tie breaker a big advantage if a team has played more games.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Coach Chass, what determines if Region VII #4 or Region 5 #5 goes to the first round of playoffs? I'm confused by the postscript on the bracket.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
If I'm looking at the brackets right, Wando could conceivably have to play/win against Irmo, Lexington and Dutch Fork out of Region V at Wando to make it to the championship game?

world cup
world cup
Region 3 4A

1. Fort Mill
2. Clover
3. Nation Ford
4. Northwestern
4. York
4. Gaffney

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
If I interpret it correctly (and unfortunately I have backup on my interpretation) Region 5's #5 will definitely go to the playoffs no matter what. They have been granted five playoff spots to offset the 8-team region. The contest came down to Region 7's #4 and Region 8's #4.

I am told the first determiner between those two is head-to-head competition. Looks like Region 8's #4 will be Summerville, and since we lost to them in the second game of our season, they will apparently get to go. Last night's hard-fought loss to Stratford in PK's ended our chances to take the #3 spot, so it looks like once more Berkeley High is making history...

Thanks to the SCHSL's realignment based on geography rather than evening the regions and their decision to let the mostly-Columbia area have five teams in the playoffs...

...looks like Berkeley girls will be the first and only fourth-seed AAAA girls' team in the state of South Carolina NOT to go to the playoffs.

Hate it for my girls...they are playing better and harder than they have in the past...hard to explain to them that they haven't gone backwards or down the ladder...the League just took away the rung we were standing on.

All the more motivation to get better next year.

I've got good news and bad news...
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Thanks to the SCHSL's realignment based on geography rather than evening the regions and their decision to let the mostly-Columbia area have five teams in the playoffs...

...looks like Berkeley girls will be the first and only fourth-seed AAAA girls' team in the state of South Carolina NOT to go to the playoffs.

I hate that for your girls, too. With the lack of a feeder system near your school, Berkeley's road to VII-4A #4 spot was just as challenging for your school as V-4A's #5 spot. This is not downplaying Region V cause it is tough, but those schools have a lot of area club ball at the highest levels.

Too bad you didn't play Summerville later in the season.

world cup
world cup
Chass,

Berkeley should automatically go into a four-team playoff with the three teams that finished tied for 4th in Region 3 4A.

The winner gets the #4 seed in R3 4A.

The 2nd place finisher of that four-team playoff would then play the loser of a R4 4A playoff game between Lancaster and Rock Hill.

The winner of that match would then face the 5th place team from R5 4A to determine who gets the fourth seed in Region 7.

This breaks all 4th seed tie-breakers, but, of course, doesn't settle the problem if there is a tie for fifth in R5.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
bench
bench
B
Quote:

If I interpret it correctly (and unfortunately I have backup on my interpretation) Region 5's #5 will definitely go to the playoffs no matter what. They have been granted five playoff spots to offset the 8-team region. The contest came down to Region 7's #4 and Region 8's #4.

I am told the first determiner between those two is head-to-head competition. Looks like Region 8's #4 will be Summerville, and since we lost to them in the second game of our season, they will apparently get to go. Last night's hard-fought loss to Stratford in PK's ended our chances to take the #3 spot, so it looks like once more Berkeley High is making history...

Hate it for my girls...they are playing better and harder than they have in the past...hard to explain to them that they haven't gone backwards or down the ladder...the League just took away the rung we were standing on.

All the more motivation to get better next year.

Who would the region V #5 (Aiken or N. Augusta) play in the first round? Number 1 region 5 (Dutch Fork) or region VI #1 (West Florence)? The bracket states they will be "...placed appropriately".

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Region 3 4A

1. Fort Mill
2. Clover
3. Nation Ford
4. Northwestern
4. York
4. Gaffney

Quote:

From the AD- Here is how we ended up in 4A Region IV:

1. Spring Valley
2. Ridge View
3. Blythewood
4. Lancaster
5. Rock Hill
6. South Pointe

tk

What is the tie-breaker for Region 3 4A or is Northwestern the official #4 team?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard