Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120206 05/08/09 08:40 PM
Tigscam Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
Can someone explain how 2A schools are seeded? I can't understand why we (Broome) ended up with a #8 seed when we have a better record than some of the seeds above us and having defeated 2 of the teams on a neutral field (Emerald) and on the other team's field (Indian Land). I understand the opponents won-loss record wasn't that great but it was comparable to other teams. If we advance to the 2nd round we get a 3rd game with Woodruff. I would think the coaches would want new matchups (not repeats from earlier in the season and last year's playoffs).

brace
brace
A committee meets and seeds AA/A; they use records, head-to-head, etc. Not an exact science, for sure, but the committee works very hard to be fair. When a match is played can be important, but strength of schedule can certainly play a role. I suspect with Broome (I am just guessing) that schedule played a role.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
Tigscam Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
We tried to improve our schedule this year by adding teams that are usually pretty good (96 and Indian Land for instance). But if those teams aren't as good as in prior years, what do you do?

throw in
throw in
Hey quit yer crying!!! We won 6 games this season yet were seeded 2nd to last in the Upstate, we won more games than the 4 teams seeded higher than us. As a result we need to ride the bus all the way from Columbia to Walhalla!!! (that's like a 3+ hour ride). If anyone should complain its us but my kids couldn't be more excited to go!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard