Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
R
throw in
throw in
R
never said you did but you know that attitude is out there.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

jak, i agree completely regarding your comments on competition, but in addition to pl, now there is also the u.s. soccer development academy.

I understand, but that is an unknown to me, at least for now.

JAK #120403 05/21/09 03:00 PM
S
bench
bench
S

Does CESA recruit or do the parents look for their child, I don't know many 13 year olds that drive themselves to practice.

JAK #120404 05/21/09 03:18 PM
A
throw in
throw in
A
Not so sure why my previous post was so bad.
Academy teams are money makers for the clubs. More kids playing Academy = more fees.
MPSC and CESA decided at the same time to not support the younger State Cups. It was right after MPSC adopted their Academy program,which CESA started in SC. Spring 2006 there were CESA and MPSC teams playing younger State Cups, Spring 2007 there were none. CESA and MPSC are only SC clubs participating in Adidas Academy Festival every spring which originated in Spring 2006.

How does CESA fund itself and pay it's coaches? Certainly not with Rec. teams at younger ages. I'm sure Pearce and Andrew don't donate their time. I never said they only want Academy for the money, it's a big part of it. There is a lot more money coming into their club with Academy than without.

Like it or not it's simply a business model.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I see no problem with your posts..Clubs make money off most programs they offer..If not how long would they survive?
No paying parents..No club..seems simple to me

bench
bench
Quote:

Take the time to read the literature and attend the appropriate National Youth Licenses courses and you will find out why it is not appropriate for players below 11 to play in State Cup events. This material is gathered from youth and sports psychologists, but what do they know....looks like you all have it figured out

Alittle moved here Andy,you really believe we should vest the direction of youth soccer development MAJORLY on youth and sports Phsychologists?I think i would rather have an experienced soccer player make a developmental decision other than a "sports psychologist" no matter how many of these psychologists sit around a table. They (sports psychologists) can be a part of the process but not a major determining factor. As for state cup level of competition,i guess everyone has to make / take a decision that benefits their system so it is kinda tough to point fingers,however still don't see why state would just be emphasised starting at U13.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

Does CESA recruit or do the parents look for their child, I don't know many 13 year olds that drive themselves to practice.

I know many parents who have decided to look into their child playing for CESA simply so they could play and be competitive in PL. I couldn't quote numbers, and I wouldn't want to suggest recruiting doesn't happen (by every club), but the majority of the cases I know of where initiated by the parent to better the development of their child through competitive PL play.

JAK #120408 05/21/09 11:45 PM
A
Bench
Bench
A
Luna - I have some thoughts check your PM

L
bench
bench
L
Cesa is all about winning state even more than development, that why players only have to attend one practice per week if they live outside the Greenville araea. I believe they think talent will prevail over teamwork which is a shame.
Can't say it has not worked for them in most cases.
Drink the CESA Kool Aid.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

Cesa is all about winning state even more than development, that why players only have to attend one practice per week if they live outside the Greenville araea.

The error of your thinking is that you assume development occurs more at practice than at games and that teamwork happens from practicing together, not a player mindset.

As the kids get older, a HUGE part of their development comes from playing in the R3PL games. At least that is the case if you are competitive. As I noted elsewhere, if you can't compete in the games, then it probably does more harm than good.

I have also seen players who attend one practice a week who play a great team game while others are at every practice and don't have a clue about teamwork. It's more about the players personality than the number of days they are at practice.

Would it be better if the entire team could be at every practice? Of course. But does it mean the club is not interested in development? I would disagree.

Last edited by JAK; 05/22/09 02:08 AM.
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard