Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
bench
bench
G
As you can see I’m new to this, registered yesterday after reading some of the misinformation on this topic. I was at the Mauldin/Ridgeview girls game Monday night, if any “chaos” was present it was for a short time after the “Ridgeview Horne Blower” went down and challenged a group of teenage boys for cheering at a High School soccer game. Not the best decision of the night. I understand his language was inappropriate and a little threatening. The boys responded like you would expect teenage boys to respond to that type of situation, they volleyed with some inappropriate behavior of their own. It’s was a nonevent. Mauldin’s staff and parents never let it get beyond that. I do think the boys ragged the Ridgeview girls a bit, but it was nothing that seemed to concern the Ref or Line-Judge. If that type of chatter is offensive, I hope none of these girls want to play basketball. That type of ragging seems to be acceptable in softball, baseball and other sports but I guess not in girl’s soccer. The flip side of all this is that Mauldin’s varsity girl’s soccer team is being supported by more than a handful of parents and a neo-green horn! I hope the boys are there in force tonight cheering for the Lady Mavs and if they get out of line the Mauldin staff will handle quickly and professionally…

B
bench
bench
B
You know i must say they do call it home field advantage for a reason. Whats the point of working hard all season to win region and have all your playoff games at home so your fans can come. Do they talk trash, yes, but isn't that their purpose. In every other school sport it is perfectly acceptable so i don't see what the big deal is. Its going to happen whether any one, coaches, fans, or players like it.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard