Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#120946 05/14/09 11:51 AM
M
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
M
So far 23 out of 24 correct in 3A brackets--will post predictions later today.

Greenville
Riverside

Chapin
Eastside

Hilton Head
South Aiken

Swansea
Myrtle Beach

S
goal kick
goal kick
S

world cup
world cup
Hilton Head and South Aiken are meeting way too early in the play-offs.

This match has the feel of a state final.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Man, I'd love to move the match to Memorial! Awards day at SAHS and then getting on the big bus. Kicking off at 7:00 pm. Got the bug spray.

S
throw in
throw in
S
No respect for the Upstate any more? Eastside? Riverside? Will be interesting how strength of schedule plays in the final outcome?!?!?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

No respect for the Upstate any more? Eastside? Riverside? Will be interesting how strength of schedule plays in the final outcome?!?!?

There is plenty of respect for the upstate. Everybody knows how good Riverside is and always is. I thought strength of schedule would have played a big part last year too, that was until Hilton Head beat Riverside thoroughly in the final.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Easy soccercrazy, there's plenty of respect (maybe fear) of the upstate. Even SCISAFan didn't give Hilton Head a chance last year against Riverside. I believe the quote was:

"Nobody left in the AAA can beat Riverside. Riverside would have to beat themselves.

Sorry Hurst."

I've been waiting for an opportunity to pull that one out of the archives.

As for strength of schedule, its a factor but not determinitive. Frankly, the opponent winning percentages of the three teams cited are not far apart - HH (59%), Riverside (61%) and Eastside (64%). Other factors, such as the age and experience of the team, may have a more profound effect. In the end though, it boils down to who shows up to play.

Regardless, should be a good match Friday between S.Aiken and HH. Both are probably good enough to play in the state finals, but one won't even have a shot at lowerstate.

Best of luck to both sides.

Last edited by lfc; 05/14/09 11:37 PM.
C
bench
bench
C
agree on the matchup, i just wish the game wasnt all the way down in hilton head. having seen both teams play this year, i would love to watch them play each other. #2 for hilton head vs. #10 for sa in the middle is a matchup of 2 of the hardest workers ive seen all year.

goal kick
goal kick
should be a great game good luck to both teams

D
Goal
Goal
D
Neither Riverside nor Eastside need to look past Greenville and Chapin to find all of the competition they could want. Five of the top six ranked teams in 3A are squaring off in three games tomorrow night, and the sixth team in the group has already beaten Mann and taken Riverside to the wire in their first meeting. I don't know the Swansea and Myrtle Beach teams to know what kind of game to expect there, but the other three quarterfinals should be equally exciting games and a joy to attend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard