World Cup
Quote:

That can't be Hurst...Look at all that hair

I know it's a far stretch from the man he is now...but it just might be

world cup
world cup
Real men don't wear shin guards!

(That ought to date the photo!)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
I don’t think you can or should compare high school to club, they are to completely different entities. High school soccer validates the hard work and sacrifices the club player makes in the fall. I know a lot of my daughters friends wondered why she traveled all over the southeast for so many years. Hopefully when they come to her high school games, they see the hard work paying off. Wearing your school colors and playing in front of your peers is a great experience that only a lucky few get to enjoy.

Last edited by Mavs Soccer Dad; 05/17/09 07:07 PM.

Only time will tell
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Well said..soccer dad.Playing High school and club means one should compliment the other..I think most H.S. coaches would like to see their players playing club ball in the fall and Club coaches get a chance to see their players play with a different group of kids..A win-win for everyone.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

I don’t think you can or should compare high school to club, they are to completely different entities. High school soccer validates the hard work and sacrifices the club player makes in the fall. I know a lot of my daughters friends wondered why she traveled all over the southeast for so many years. Hopefully when they come to her high school games, they see the hard work paying off. Wearing your school colors and playing in front of your peers is a great experience that only a lucky few get to enjoy.

The bad thing about HS soccer is the bad habits that are picked up during a HS season. HS seems to be more about winning...club seems to more about development. There are a few exceptions to the rule though.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Mind if I transplant that statement over to the club forum next time people there start talking about the success of a club based entirely on number of wins?

I've got good news and bad news...
C
bench
bench
C
yea i agree coach chass. and notsofast, most high school coaches also coach at the club level. i cant imagine that during one season they work on developing just so in the spring they can focus on winning.

Last edited by itsjustagame; 05/17/09 11:45 PM.
world cup
world cup
The two most inaccurate statements (IMHO) that continue to be uttered on the girls message boards:

1. The thing I hate most about high school soccer is the bad habits that the players develop.
2. Team X really has a great chance of going all the way this year because their roster is loaded with seniors.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

The two most inaccurate statements (IMHO) that continue to be uttered on the girls message boards:

1. The thing I hate most about high school soccer is the bad habits that the players develop.

Bingo

goal kick
goal kick
so Hurst you dont think experience matters in high school matters

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard