Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#121421 05/17/09 08:02 PM
I
bench
OP Offline
bench
I
I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with this team like we have. Every time we have played them, their coach has ridiculed our team beyond imagination. Even at our game against Southside Christian yesterday, the coach was yelling at our players and screaming obscenities to our fans. I don't to come off as whining, but something should be done about them, especially the coach.

G
throw in
throw in
G
I have only had one run in with this coach (Greenville Tech Charter HS Boys) He was abusive to his own players and called a kid on the other team fat. He was shown a red card after the game for his attitude towards the refs.

I would make his AD aware of the incident, as he was made aware of the 1st one. Appears that nothing was done after the red card incident.

Giggs #121423 05/17/09 10:26 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
If others feel the way you do..make sure they also contact the AD..Strength in numbers will get something done..

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Coach Koutsos is a VERY passionate coach. He, like every other coach, expects nothing but the best from thier players each and every time they compete. I've had the pleasure to coach against him several times over the last couple of years, and consider him a good friend. I have never seen one of these outbursts. In fact, his squad is usually one of the teams that exemplifies sportsmanship as it should be! They make no remarks to the opponents or to the refs when I've seen them miss some very obvious calls! I would want to think that if the coach acts the way you describe, so would the team.

His knowledge of the game is evident. What he has done with that group there is impressive, I believe the program hadn't won a game until he became the coach. Also look at the level of teams they are competing against, especially in region! 2 perenials in Christ Church and Southside Christian.

You have to remember that each coach is different and has thier own style of coaching. One persons way of motivation will not work for all players, parents, or even fans. Some coaches are very vocal, others are very laid back.

And for my parting thought...I am sure that through the course of athletc competition no fan has ever said anything inappropriate to any player, coach, or official at any time!!! I would like to think that no coach would just yell obsenities to fans for no reason.

Coach Sharpless Blue Ridge High School
I
bench
OP Offline
bench
I
No, you had to be there at the games we played against him. When one our players got knocked down in front of him, he told the player to get up, but in a very foul way. And when our coach questioned him about it, he wanted to fight our coach. I don't know about you, but that's not what I call sportsmanship.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
We played Greenville Tech in the Mauldin Cup and had a very good experience, we were winning 5-1 and he was very gracious. I know as a coach and a player our emotions can get the best of us and winning is very important for our schools and also us. But for me I did not see anything to the contrary of a coach having a passion to win.

world cup
world cup
ILfutbol13,

Why wasn't this player at your last match?

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/238/story/555015.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #121428 05/18/09 01:21 AM
W
bench
bench
W
When IL played GTHS in their first matchup the coach repeatedly made derogatory statements to the Indian Land players. Then the coach and some players came to the ILHS/SCHS playoff game to do nothing more than to heckle the Indian Land Team.

It's just sad to see people ruin the game by having no class.

I
bench
OP Offline
bench
I
Hurst66, he had some private family issues that he coincedentally had to deal with on Saturday. We played our best without him, but Southside was the better team.

I
bench
bench
I
I wouldn't blame Mr. Koutsos. He has to find some redemption against Indian Land after losing all 3 games, including the playoffs. GT scored 2 goals in the first half of the first game- 225+ minutes shut out by IL. And with a 5-15 record, I'd be upset too. IL has much to be proud of. Some coaches have their own style. If it involves calling high school students names or cursing at fans- that make them look like idiots..it's just a poor reflection of themselves and the people they represent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard