Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
bench
bench
WOW! I get my own page! Thank you Coach Sharpless, and Coach Estes for the support (COACH'S). As for everyone else,I’m not one to argue with a bunch of high school soccer players, or do I feel I need to defend myself! I do need to speak for my boys! Those who know me, know I would not yell profanity at any player! As for the “ridiculed our team beyond imagination” comment? Chanting “Over Rated” isn’t ridiculing anyone! Yes, Indian Land beat us three times this season. I didn’t realize that beating a Charter School was such a big accomplishment! We finished third in Region 2-A (The region that has won states 8 years in a row)! Third! Our strength of schedule was 149-133-1 (If you count the team from Dacula, GA). We played 23 games this season and only 8 were 1-A schools (6 of them we have to play). The rest were 3 and 4 A schools. Personally I think Indian Land had a great team, anyone who goes Undefeated deserves recognition no matter what the strength of schedule is. Just in case you didn't see it "A GREAT TEAM!" I didn’t realize that you guys were so sensitive! Sorry my team chanted “Overrated”! It wasn’t personal, I apologize! I didn’t think it was a big deal! Especially when your program made sure we knew you were undefeated as we were walking to our bus after that playoff lose!

As for how I talk to my players! Only few know the relationship I have with my boys! I love my boys, and I know how hard I can push them! No matter what I say to them, they know its not personal! So “Giggs”, if your that Ref from the game, you defiantly lost your “man card” when you started the fight and then went to get help!

Thanks again Coach Sharpless, and Coach Estes for the support.

P.S.- Thanks for the e-mails you've already sent to my AD. I'll see you guys next season, I'm not going anywhere!

Coach K "If winning was easy, everyone would do it!" -Bob Ladimr
goal kick
goal kick
Coach K is on his high horse, that's for sure.

G'd up from the feet up
I
bench
bench
I
you called an Indian Land player (a high schooler) a "[censored]" when being knocked down...nice example "coach". sorry we dont have any fancy private schools (and recruitment opportunities) in our region to "strengthen our schedule"...but we do have other quality teams- and we did add several 2A and 4A teams, which we beat. To chant "over rated" (especially when playing at less than full strength) is idiodic..we were ranked 3rd, if anything you should have chanted "ranked right where we need to be"....to be a grown up and a coach at that and be in the middle of that, leading the charge is a very poor example of leadership and poor losers...We did not go to CC just to chant at the SSC team for losing.....set the example for these kids- not act like one...high school has been over a long time for you. on a side not, this is in no way an attack on the GT fans or players...GT also has a great team with a lot of talent. they have really developed over the years....from learning soccer skills, not being a hot headded jerk

M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

you called an Indian Land player (a high schooler) a "[censored]" when being knocked down...nice example "coach". sorry we dont have any fancy private schools (and recruitment opportunities) in our region to "strengthen our schedule"...

If the attack here is on class, you should probably avoid making foolish unfounded remarks about "recruitment". no player at either cc or scs has ever been given a scholarship. to say otherwise would be a lie, and a pretty weak excuse at that. after complaining about not being given a higher seed for an undefeated season, the #3 seed in the state handed you a 4-0 loss. be proud of your season and the advances you are making, but avoid making comments you can't back up with anything other than a hurt pride over losing to better teams.

I
bench
bench
I
Since youre in the habit of posting quotes, please quote where anyone made any excuse for losing or anything about pride when losing...the previous comment had nothing to do with CC or SSC and us losing.....good try.

and are you telling me that private schools do not have scholarship programs? I know several Greenville club coaches that would say otherwise about recruitment...that is also why other states require private schools to play up a level...

regardless, no one is making excuses..they are obviously good schools and good competition...no excuse, no pride issues...period- the end. I'd gladly take losing to SSC with "Coach K" and the GT players chanting in the background after losing to us 3X this season

throw in
throw in
i have never heard of greenville tech before this post

G
throw in
throw in
G
Sorry, not the guy who "lost their man card" just an observer of a classless act. The incident was known by parents of both teams. You said what you said, nothing will change that. The real question is, will you try to be a better role model for these kids in the future?

K
bench
bench
K
I have known Coack K for three years, and have never heard him use profanity around or to any of his or to other teams players. He has a special bond with his players, and with many of the players in the Greenville area.

I was at the IL vs SSC game, and maybe the "over rated" chant was a bit much, but their were never any profanity, except from the parents from IL. Not just one, but a few of their parents dropped some serious words towards the Greenville Tech players that were cheering for SSC.

"Giggs" did you really observe the so called classless act, apparently you do not know the full story, so just ask the SSC coach, he can fill you in about the entire so called "classless act.

Coach K has done an wonderful job at Greenville Tech, does anyone realise that all the students at that school apply for the school and get in through a "lottery" unless your a sibling of a stundent that was lucky to get picked. Each year only 100-110 new students are allowed in the school. All the coaches "all sports" at GTCHS are in the same situation, they do not get the chance to request players. Once in a while they get lucky and some very talented players get picked in the lottery. We do not even have our own soccer field, we rent a county field, thise year was the first time we played SSC at our rented home field.

GTCHS is in the toughest region in the state for 1A. Just competing with Southside Christian & Christ Church, and keeping the game close is a tough task. Coach K has the ability to get those kids to compete a higher level than their given talent.

Its a same that people have it out for Coach K, get to know the man and coach before you pass judgement. I would not trade him for any coach.

KajunD #121439 05/24/09 08:02 PM
I
bench
bench
I
I personally heard him call an IL player a pu$$y, then try to start a fight during the middle of the game when confronted about it. He was much better the other 2 times we played them. Then he pulls his little stunt at SCS.....he is bi-polar beyond belief. He also needs some major chapstick for all that butt kissing he does with the SCS coach...Maybe burts bees will sponsor him next year. I'm sure "coach k" (which is a disgrace to the real coach k) is a very fine gentleman...when properly medicated for his anger issues, bi-polarism, or rebellion from a troubled youth...i dont know. What I do know is that to say what he did to a high schooler, then try to FIGHT during a game, then lead the charge during our playoff game...he has major issues...he definately lost his "man card" on that one.

regardless, thanks "coach" and the GT players for attending our playoff game and supporting IL soccer through each of your $5 contributions at the gate.

K
bench
bench
K
WOW you personally heard him say that, you must have great hearing. I guess you do not hear what your fans say or how much crying your coach does during a game!

I hope we never have to play at your place again by choice, because your class is speachless. When the tech team finished the game and jogged across the field to show respect to you the IL fans, and the IL players, they were meet with profanity. After actually hearing your parents / fans use that tpe of profanity, I know wear some of the IL players learn it from. Let me clearify, not all of the fans & players, just a few of them. I could go on, but i do not have too.

Coach Tony, does not have to kiss butt, he has earned respect from the other region coaches. Apparently IL is the only team he has not earned respect from which is fine he does not need it. Apparently he has earned it from almost every team he has played, I noticed at least two have stated so in this thread.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard