Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
M
4A Upper State

I missed one 4A 3rd round game to make me 24 out of 28.
Mauldin 2
Fort Mill 1

Fort Mill is very talented--so is Mauldin. Talk about high school teams being compared to club teams--wait that's another thread. Mauldin wins a thriller.

4A Lower State
Wando 4
West Ashley 0

West Ashley is never closer than their pre-game handshakes. Wando dominates and looks to defend their title.

corner kick
corner kick
MTC:
Hard to argue with your prediction. It will be a close one, and one would have to think that Mauldin is favored, although so were S'burg and Dorman
On the club side, Mauldin is likely heavily represented by CESA, whereas FM is mostly Charlotte United, with sprinklings of Charlotte Soccer Club, South Charlotte, and Carolina Select.

Doin' it the hard way...
brace
brace
Quote:

4A Upper State

I missed one 4A 3rd round game to make me 24 out of 28.
Mauldin 2
Fort Mill 1

Fort Mill is very talented--so is Mauldin. Talk about high school teams being compared to club teams--wait that's another thread. Mauldin wins a thriller.

4A Lower State
Wando 4
West Ashley 0

West Ashley is never closer than their pre-game handshakes. Wando dominates and looks to defend their title.

Seems to me your 24 of 28 would be a lot better if you stopped picking against FMHS!
Its ok though, they seem to thrive on the undersized underdog status they have been given. Maybe they do not know they are not supposed to win these games?

Oh yea, I also noticed you have gone 2-1 against FM each of last two time maybe you should just try a 1-0, 2-0, or anything dfifferent- might change your luck? Onm second thought ignore that I like the way you have been picking why change now

corner kick
corner kick
Fort Mill reminds me of Mauldin last year and that troubles me. Everyone picked against them all the way to the finals. It should be a close well played game and could go either way.

Only time will tell
brace
brace
Has Mauldin had a scare yet this post season? Because all things being equal then teams have to look for that next edge. FMHS came close top seeing it end and have that little extra of knowing that they can fight back into a game that appears lost.
They also have the home field and in a close game that little extra "push" you get from the cheers can mean an extra run when the lags have said "no more".

Should be fun (maybe a little cold too, might feel like a fall club game!)

S
coach
coach
S
>>Has Mauldin had a scare yet this post season? Because all things being equal then teams have to look for that next edge. FMHS came close top seeing it end and have that little extra of knowing that they can fight back into a game that appears lost.<<

Just realized how much of an advantage Orlando has over Cleveland...

brace
brace
Quote:

>>Has Mauldin had a scare yet this post season? Because all things being equal then teams have to look for that next edge. FMHS came close top seeing it end and have that little extra of knowing that they can fight back into a game that appears lost.<<

Just realized how much of an advantage Orlando has over Cleveland...

Well I believe Boston Celtics WERE 32-0 all time when up 3-2 in a best of seven series. If you were Orlando you would build on that. After all how many people ran out and put thier money down on Orlando after gane 5????

corner kick
corner kick
Chief,
If your looking for an edge home field goes to FM. Play-off experience goes to Mauldin. Common opponents... Mauldin outscored Dorman and Spartanburg by a combined score of 10-2 this season winning all four games. I think FM split their matches. All that being said I still think it's going to be a close game that could go either way. Ive been around this game to long to think any different.

Only time will tell
brace
brace
If you had picked the higher seeded team in each matchup, what would the record on predictions be? Someone who has passed arithmetic, figure this out. I'm retired.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
B
bench
bench
B
Mauldin girls have a serious shot this year they went to state last year with a team of sophomores so experience is defiantly on their side. Not to mention again their fans. The girls always play well with their good fan base, if they show up at the fort mill game, which they probably will, i see mauldin coming away with W.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard