Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
A much different team without the Miguel player. How is the fallen Eastside player? Where was the EMS?

World Cup
World Cup
Congrats to Coach Waters and the boys!

Goal
Goal
Interesting game yesterday. I expected to see more flair from Eastside but I guess them missing their best player really told the tale. I thought #17 for South Aiken was the difference in the match. He's a great target and gave EHS fits all day. The goalkeeper for SAHS impressed me too. He's short, but quite a battler. I know South Aiken entered the year pretty highly ranked and had some close decisions during the season, but to lose only once (on PKs) just shows you how solid they were up and down the lineup. Congrats T-Breds! ASC 2-1 CESA.

50th for a reason!
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
I thought eastside would win this game for sure.

Just goes to show what a determined group of young men can do.

Thought SA's goalie was excellent. When i first saw him i figured EHS would have a field day but he played very well and proved me wrong.

Also agree that #17 for SA gave EHS some trouble.

Thought Valikones #7 for EHS played very well and will do well at the next level.

throw in
throw in
EHS should have a field day

i was very unimpressed by them, van pelt is all you have to worry about he a target man, and just that dont let him turn and frustrate 12 and 4 in the middle that all you had to do

their gk was not quality either, dreher and airport both lost in ot 4-3 to this team

this was a very poor state game on a very down 3A year, the quality was such a step up in the 4A game

i hope the upper and lower state teams that represent in the state championship are better in 2010

throw in
throw in
Props to SA! Taking care of business for the lower state for the first time(correct me if I'm wrong). This was an excellent soccer game. Pinging it around doesn't always work.

Yeah!! HAHA
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

EHS should have a field day

their gk was not quality either, dreher and airport both lost in ot 4-3 to this team

South Aiken's only lose this year was in pk's to Airport. Before yesterday's championship game OT games were played against Aiken and Dreher.

throw in
throw in
Please before you quote the great Zola read what I said dont just aimlessly quote something soccer63

yes i said "Dreher and Airport both lost in ot 4-3 to this team"

look at what i said, i never said dreher and airport beat them, but that at sa stadium they lost in ot

With two teams with records of Dreher 5-13 and Airport 14-10
i would have thought that 9th best team in the country would be able to have their way with sa, but i was wrong

stick to what ever you do in aiken like ride horses or go see the big show at a wwe event, dont quote me and misinterpret what i wrote and try to rephrase it

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

"Dreher and Airport both lost in ot 4-3 to this team"

You stated Dreher and Airport both lost in ot to South Aiken - That is not a correct statement - South Aiken won OT games against Aiken and Dreher but lost in PK's to Airport - nobody tried to aimlessly quote anything.

goal
goal
I have been following Eastside soccer for the past 10 years and even though we had some down years early on and a turnstile of coaches (thanks EHS administration), I don't think I've ever been as disappointed as I was Saturday in Columbia.

The team that fought so hard all year just didn't come to play for whatever reason. Good job by South Aiken for having that affect but I think the heart of the Eagles was ripped out of their chests earlier in the week when Miguel Teos was red carded for an arguably weak call. Was it boots up? I guess so in the referee's eyes. However, it wasn't malicious and there was absolutely no intent to injure anyone. Without the "Maestro" in the middle we looked like a shell of ourselves this weekend. I'm not saying Eastside didn't play hard. Heck, they had to since we were another man short for getting another red card and had to play overtime. That's soccer!

Congratulations to South Aiken on the title. Congrats to Eastside on a fantastic year!

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard